Thread: Information on Mewelde Moore

Backup

User Info Menu

Information on Mewelde Moore

I have a Minnesota contact who offered some disturbing news on Mewelde Moore. It is nothing extreme. But certainly something we might want to keep an eye on. I asked him for his opinions on Moore as a returner/ pass catcher. I was hoping to get positive information on both accounts. But I did not. He said that we got a decent returner but he is not sure about a pass catching threat. He said there was a game where
    moore went to catch aq screen pass and absolutely got blasted by the defender. He said from the moment on, he has been very tentative and hasn't shown much since. He said that he was not sure what happened to Mewelde since the hit, but he was never the same after that. Just something to keep your eye on in pre season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Information on Mewelde Moore

Well, I hope this isn't the case. But if it is, we are plenty deep at the RB position so as not to need him. I'd like to see him returning kicks possibly, but don't feel that it would be a huge loss not to have him in the backfield...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Well, I hope this isn't the case. But if it is, we are plenty deep at the RB position so as not to need him. I'd like to see him returning kicks possibly, but don't feel that it would be a huge loss not to have him in the backfield...
    My webmaster is out of town, but you can listen to the minnesota guy talk about it by simply going to my site and listening to my radio show once it gets posted. Probably won't be for a few days however.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    My webmaster is out of town, but you can listen to the minnesota guy talk about it by simply going to my site and listening to my radio show once it gets posted. Probably won't be for a few days however.
    ... Believe it or not Msm, I do check out your show every so often......

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    ... Believe it or not Msm, I do check out your show every so often......
    That's cool!

BIG FAN

Definitely worth keeping an eye on, hope he really isn't gun shy or anything.

Backup

User Info Menu

Can he pick up the Blitz, that is what I am concerned about with any 3rd down back? It doesn't matter how great your hands may or may not be, if you can't pick up the blitzing LBers. That is what I will be watching for in the preseason.

He caught 46 balls in 06, while not starting a game.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Backup

User Info Menu

I have a Minnesota contact who offered some disturbing news on Mewelde Moore. It is nothing extreme. But certainly something we might want to keep an eye on. I asked him for his opinions on Moore as a returner/ pass catcher. I was hoping to get positive information on both accounts. But I did not. He said that we got a decent returner but he is not sure about a pass catching threat. He said there was a game where
    moore went to catch aq screen pass and absolutely got blasted by the defender. He said from the moment on, he has been very tentative and hasn't shown much since. He said that he was not sure what happened to Mewelde since the hit, but he was never the same after that. Just something to keep your eye on in pre season.

He'll forget all about it once he dawns the new helmet , majestic Black and Gold attire and a city with tradition that will possess his very soul!
    [url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg