Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone remember this ?

Backup

User Info Menu

Does anyone remember this ?

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=1i_bJv_0z-k"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1i_bJv_0z-k[/url]

Is it even watchable?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Does anyone remember this ?

Nope...I don't remember that. Theisman broke his leg?????????????

Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I always thought Krumrie's was much worse. Probably because Theisman is such a doosh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    I always thought Krumrie's was much worse. Probably because Theisman is such a doosh.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can someone corroborate this?

A friend of mine insists that Theisman was actually pronounced Thees-man. Then during his bid for the Heisman trophy, they switched the pronunciation....

if that's true, he's been elevated to Supa-Doosh!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Can someone corroborate this?

A friend of mine insists that Theisman was actually pronounced Thees-man. Then during his bid for the Heisman trophy, they switched the pronunciation....

if that's true, he's been elevated to Supa-Doosh!
    I've heard the same thing. It is also mentioned on his Wiki page:

"He played football for the University of Notre Dame and was a runner-up for the 1970 Heisman Trophy which went to Jim Plunkett of Stanford University. Late in the season, his hallmates in Zahm Hall hung an enormous banner out of a 4th story window proclaiming, "Theisman for Heisman", (sic) changing the original pronunciation of his surname, "THEEZ-man," to rhyme with "Heisman", which he has used since."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Now I have heard it all.

Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hereby nominate Joe Theisman for King of the Douches!!!

All in favor, say "AYE"

All opposed, break his shin...

Ok, I don't want to cause him any pain. But he is just the worst thing ever as far as color guys go. I hate him so much it hurts. Actually, its been a toss up between him and Lee Corso for years!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    I hereby nominate Joe Theisman for King of the Douches!!!

All in favor, say "AYE"

All opposed, break his shin...

Ok, I don't want to cause him any pain. But he is just the worst thing ever as far as color guys go. I hate him so much it hurts. Actually, its been a toss up between him and Lee Corso for years!
    So wait...if a broken shin is a "nay" vote, then Lawrence Taylor doesn't think Theismann is a douche?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

BIG FAN

I remember that, I also remember that for the first few months after that was about the only time the guy ever displayed any humility. Kudos to L.T., he knew the Joe T. was hurt and immediately was signaling for the trainer.