Thread: Josh Hamilton

Backup

User Info Menu

Josh Hamilton

I know this is a Steeler message board but, did anyone just see watch Josh Hamilton did in the home run derby. THAT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!
    28 home runs in the 1st rnd. WOW

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by steelsun7
    I know this is a Steeler message board but, did anyone just see watch Josh Hamilton did in the home run derby. THAT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!
    28 home runs in the 1st rnd. WOW
    Home run derby you say? I am not familiar with the term. Is that from cricket? Jai alai? Badminton?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That was quite a show.

I'm going to have to stay up to watch the rest.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

The best part of the story is how he has been clean and sober (he is an alcoholic and an addict), for close to 3 years after being out of baseball for an extended period of time.

His story is pretty inspiring, kind of a current day Roy Hobbs, (The Natural).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It was a great show. Unfortunately, he seemed to have blew his load in the first round and ended up losing the derby. But yeah, he is a very inspiring guy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    It was a great show. Unfortunately, he seemed to have blew his load in the first round and ended up losing the derby. But yeah, he is a very inspiring guy.

In my mind, Hamilton won this thing. Ten or 20 years from now, people will remember the 28 HR in the first round by Hamilton, not that Morneau won.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

In my mind, Hamilton won this thing. Ten or 20 years from now, people will remember the 28 HR in the first round by Hamilton, not that Morneau won.
    Oh, yeah - most definitely. It just would have been nice if he actually got the trophy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I personally thought it was awesome!..... Man, after a few years out of baseball, he played for the Reds last year, then they traded him this past off-season....

[youtubeys2b69]9ACpEO8BxNw&hl[/youtubeys2b69]