Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Josh Hamilton

  1. #1
    Backup
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    THE AZ DESERT
    Posts
    131

    Josh Hamilton

    I know this is a Steeler message board but, did anyone just see watch Josh Hamilton did in the home run derby. THAT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!
    28 home runs in the 1st rnd. WOW

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    27,269

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    Quote Originally Posted by steelsun7
    I know this is a Steeler message board but, did anyone just see watch Josh Hamilton did in the home run derby. THAT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!
    28 home runs in the 1st rnd. WOW
    Home run derby you say? I am not familiar with the term. Is that from cricket? Jai alai? Badminton?


    Ruthless 2017 Mock Draft:
    1.30 ILB Zach Cunningham 6'3" 234 Vanderbilt
    2.62 OLB Jordan Willis 6'4" 255 Kansas State
    3.94 CB Sidney Jones 6'0" 186 Washington
    3.105c DE Tanoh Kpassagnon 6'7" 289 Villanova
    4.135 CB Rasul Douglas 6'2" 209 West Virginia
    5.173 RB James Conner 6'1" 233 Pittsburgh
    6.213 SS Lorenzo Jerome 5'10" 204 St. Francis
    7.248 TE Michael Roberts 6'4" 270 Toledo

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    That was quite a show.

    I'm going to have to stay up to watch the rest.

  4. #4

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    The best part of the story is how he has been clean and sober (he is an alcoholic and an addict), for close to 3 years after being out of baseball for an extended period of time.

    His story is pretty inspiring, kind of a current day Roy Hobbs, (The Natural).

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    It was a great show. Unfortunately, he seemed to have blew his load in the first round and ended up losing the derby. But yeah, he is a very inspiring guy.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    It was a great show. Unfortunately, he seemed to have blew his load in the first round and ended up losing the derby. But yeah, he is a very inspiring guy.

    In my mind, Hamilton won this thing. Ten or 20 years from now, people will remember the 28 HR in the first round by Hamilton, not that Morneau won.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    It was a great show. Unfortunately, he seemed to have blew his load in the first round and ended up losing the derby. But yeah, he is a very inspiring guy.

    In my mind, Hamilton won this thing. Ten or 20 years from now, people will remember the 28 HR in the first round by Hamilton, not that Morneau won.
    Oh, yeah - most definitely. It just would have been nice if he actually got the trophy.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,111

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    I personally thought it was awesome!..... Man, after a few years out of baseball, he played for the Reds last year, then they traded him this past off-season....


    [youtubeys2b69]9ACpEO8BxNw&hl[/youtubeys2b69]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •