Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even a Chief's fan can find this...with a little help

Hardliner

Even a Chief's fan can find this...with a little help

Just got an invite from Big Fan to check out your new abode and must say this has some nice touches and a classy look to it. One small bit of criticism to the board masters? You HAVE got to make that registration confirmation code a lot harder to read, as it only took me about 6 attempts before finally 'getting it', you know? :P

Okay, all that aside, let's talk about training camps opening, now about 2 weeks away and who has been signed and the many that haven't! I'm hearing this business about the owners having voiding the final year of the CBA, has many agents, rooks and front offices doing the limp-leg two-step in negotiations, trying to protect themselves in whatever favor the buzz is providing and I must say, I'm not all that clear on the particulars.

What I DO know is that in the Chief's case, there's only been a couple of signings so far (a 4th and 5th rounder) with the heavy metal from this past draft still out there on the beach. Nervous time? Very much so, particularly for those late round picks who should have been locked up long ago.

I just don't get it. There's a slotting system in signing these players that they all know, the agents, the front offices and WE know the approximate dollar amount range. And still, to save a percentage point or two, we have GM's like the hardballing Carl Peterson holding everyone's feet to the fire in order to collect HIS bonus for coming in under the onwer's number. (I don't know if that's really true in the Chief's case, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me which, drives me crazy, baby.)

Meantime, we have elite players sitting at home when they should be deep in the trenches of training camp. Not being there retards their progress, the team's chances and sends a negative message to the media and the fans. I know the Comish is all about putting in a rook salary cap (owners have twisted his arm, HARD), but that's a topic which I'm sure we'll visit another time.

Acrimony among the agents and the front offices!!! Must mean that training camp is about to happen and we're all waking from our long NFL football deprived naps. THAT is a good thing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Even a Chief's fan can find this...with a little help

Quote Originally Posted by Hardliner
    Just got an invite from Big Fan to check out your new abode and must say this has some nice touches and a classy look to it. One small bit of criticism to the board masters? You HAVE got to make that registration confirmation code a lot harder to read, as it only took me about 6 attempts before finally 'getting it', you know? :P

Okay, all that aside, let's talk about training camps opening, now about 2 weeks away and who has been signed and the many that haven't! I'm hearing this business about the owners having voiding the final year of the CBA, has many agents, rooks and front offices doing the limp-leg two-step in negotiations, trying to protect themselves in whatever favor the buzz is providing and I must say, I'm not all that clear on the particulars.

What I DO know is that in the Chief's case, there's only been a couple of signings so far (a 4th and 5th rounder) with the heavy metal from this past draft still out there on the beach. Nervous time? Very much so, particularly for those late round picks who should have been locked up long ago.

I just don't get it. There's a slotting system in signing these players that they all know, the agents, the front offices and WE know the approximate dollar amount range. And still, to save a percentage point or two, we have GM's like the hardballing Carl Peterson holding everyone's feet to the fire in order to collect HIS bonus for coming in under the onwer's number. (I don't know if that's really true in the Chief's case, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me which, drives me crazy, baby.)

Meantime, we have elite players sitting at home when they should be deep in the trenches of training camp. Not being there retards their progress, the team's chances and sends a negative message to the media and the fans. I know the Comish is all about putting in a rook salary cap (owners have twisted his arm, HARD), but that's a topic which I'm sure we'll visit another time.

Acrimony among the agents and the front offices!!! Must mean that training camp is about to happen and we're all waking from our long NFL football deprived naps. THAT is a good thing.
    Welcome Hardliner. You are added to the list of well regarded fans of other teams that are on this board. Now shut the f up... Had to give you some troll crap...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Welcome to my favorite Troll!
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

Welcome Hardliner. You are added to the list of well regarded fans of other teams that are on this board. Now shut the f up... Had to give you some troll crap...
    There's two of us now?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Welcome. You know were all behind you guys week #1!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Welcome. You know were all behind you guys week #1!!
    Yeah, we like you during the first week of the season (of course*), as well as the last week of the season when you face Jom's boys.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Welcome!

Now go trash Favre in the thread about him!

Hardliner

Hey! If I wanted to get smacked around, I'd go on one of those Chief's homer boards that don't particularly like me telling them the Chiefs will suck again this year!

Thanks for the welcomes and good natured (?) jabs, everyone. Always good to talk NFL with the sons of Steel.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Welcome!

Now go trash Favre in the thread about him!
    He better not start trashing Favre just yet. The Chiefs may still make a play for him to start for them over Croyle. They already did that once before with Montana.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

There's two of us now?
    Sheeeit...you couldn't sniff Hardliners jock.
    Trolls are people too.