Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Themed Projects

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steeler Themed Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Here's a couple crude, and I stress crude mock ups of some potential board designs.
    Any more suggestions or ideas?

I wouldn't have a problem with my bean bag getting teleported...cuz I suck at getting it in the hole...with bean bags ....
    Cornhole Board to Iron Sheik: "That's not iiiiiiiiiit..."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

motter1975

Okay, so since I rent the house I currently live in, I've not been able to do much in the way of Steelers projects. But, my fiance and I are currently on a 2 year plan to move back to Pittsburgh. Once there, we intend to buy a house (we're looking at moving somewhere in Washington Co., preferably with a bit of land). Anyway, we've already started making plans for our game room in whatever house we buy. Requirements for the house are a two car garage (so he can have his woodshop as well as a place to work on cars, etc.), and has to have a room where he can do his stained glass work (he does custom stained glass, currently as a part time business, but he wants to move to full time once we move up there), and it has to have a full basement, part of which we can turn into a game room. So, here are our thoughts....(keep in mind he's from Chicago, and is a big Bears fan)

1. We will of course have a pool table, and we're going to make the light to go over it. It will be a rectangular stained glass lamp. On one long side it will have sandblasted into it Pittsburgh Steelers, and on the other long side, Chicago Bears. The short ends will have the AFC and NFC logo sandblasted into them. Then, on the side that has Pittsburgh Steelers, we are going to do 16 individual squares, with each of the AFC teams logos sandblasted. On the Bears side, we'll do the same thing with the NFC teams.

2. We're going to put in a bar, and will have stained glass panels in light boxes above the bar (about 20 x 24 inches) with the Steelers and the Bears logos done in stained glass.

3. We're also going to do the floor in the vinyl tile (like they have in office kitchen's and bathrooms), but we're going to make it so that it looks like a football field (i.e. use mostly green tile, but then add in white for the yardlines, hash marks, and sidelines.

Then we're going to obviously put in various memorabilia that we've collected and will continue to collect.

I get excited just thinking about it, and I can't wait to have a house where I can do this. In the mean time, I just have fun planning it. Hoping these next few years go by quick, or that I can come up with a feasible plan to move up there quicker. The plan is (1) get married sometime this year, (2) pay off all debts (other than car payment and save up some money, (3) he works to develop some business up that way (I have family up there, so we can go up to visit about any time if he can get some clients up there), and (4) I start looking for a job up that way.

Anyway, sorry for the long response, and wish I had pictures (though I will try to post the Steeler's stained glass panel he made for someone else), but just had to share!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by motter1975
    Okay, so since I rent the house I currently live in, I've not been able to do much in the way of Steelers projects. But, my fiance and I are currently on a 2 year plan to move back to Pittsburgh. Once there, we intend to buy a house (we're looking at moving somewhere in Washington Co., preferably with a bit of land). Anyway, we've already started making plans for our game room in whatever house we buy. Requirements for the house are a two car garage (so he can have his woodshop as well as a place to work on cars, etc.), and has to have a room where he can do his stained glass work (he does custom stained glass, currently as a part time business, but he wants to move to full time once we move up there), and it has to have a full basement, part of which we can turn into a game room. So, here are our thoughts....(keep in mind he's from Chicago, and is a big Bears fan)

1. We will of course have a pool table, and we're going to make the light to go over it. It will be a rectangular stained glass lamp. On one long side it will have sandblasted into it Pittsburgh Steelers, and on the other long side, Chicago Bears. The short ends will have the AFC and NFC logo sandblasted into them. Then, on the side that has Pittsburgh Steelers, we are going to do 16 individual squares, with each of the AFC teams logos sandblasted. On the Bears side, we'll do the same thing with the NFC teams.

2. We're going to put in a bar, and will have stained glass panels in light boxes above the bar (about 20 x 24 inches) with the Steelers and the Bears logos done in stained glass.

3. We're also going to do the floor in the vinyl tile (like they have in office kitchen's and bathrooms), but we're going to make it so that it looks like a football field (i.e. use mostly green tile, but then add in white for the yardlines, hash marks, and sidelines.

Then we're going to obviously put in various memorabilia that we've collected and will continue to collect.

I get excited just thinking about it, and I can't wait to have a house where I can do this. In the mean time, I just have fun planning it. Hoping these next few years go by quick, or that I can come up with a feasible plan to move up there quicker. The plan is (1) get married sometime this year, (2) pay off all debts (other than car payment and save up some money, (3) he works to develop some business up that way (I have family up there, so we can go up to visit about any time if he can get some clients up there), and (4) I start looking for a job up that way.

Anyway, sorry for the long response, and wish I had pictures (though I will try to post the Steeler's stained glass panel he made for someone else), but just had to share!
    Hey jig...fire up the DeLorean so we all can have a pool tournament in motter's basement of the future.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey jig...fire up the DeLorean so we all can have a pool tournament in motter's basement of the future.
    Definitely!!!

Hey motter, that all sounds awesome!!! Well, except for the Bears part Good luck with all your plans.

I'm currently living in a 1840 Federalist Colonial that I've been restoring for the past 5 years and it has no basement But the plan is to put it on the market in the spring and get a newer home with a full basement for my Steeler Room. I have TONS of stuff in boxes that I can't wait to display. And I'll finally get my monster flat screen!!!

motter1975

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

Definitely!!!

Hey motter, that all sounds awesome!!! Well, except for the Bears part Good luck with all your plans.

I'm currently living in a 1840 Federalist Colonial that I've been restoring for the past 5 years and it has no basement But the plan is to put it on the market in the spring and get a newer home with a full basement for my Steeler Room. I have TONS of stuff in boxes that I can't wait to display. And I'll finally get my monster flat screen!!!
    Hey, when we finally get everything done, y'all are welcome! I just hope it turns out as well as I've pictured it in my head.

Good luck with finishing the Colonial...it can be a lot of work restoring those old houses, especially if you're trying to restore it to its traditional state.

Hope your new home has a basement big enough for all of your Steelers stuff and big flat screen! We got a 42" for ourselves for Christmas, and it's up in the bedroom. We were going to move it downstairs once his son moved out, but I really like having it up there. So, now I think we may have to get another, bigger one for downstairs!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, $4.00 a gallon gasoline coupled with soaring plutonium prices has forced
    me to trade in the Delorian for something more economical.

[URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am going to have to post some pictures of my Steelers basement.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, $4.00 a gallon gasoline coupled with soaring plutonium prices has forced

Jig, I work as a mech. design engineer and in my professional opinion, I'd consider putting a 6" to 8" spacer on the jet pack. Either that, or make sure that suit is fire and heat resistant!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jig, I work as a mech. design engineer and in my professional opinion, I'd consider putting a 6" to 8" spacer on the jet pack. Either that, or make sure that suit is fire and heat resistant!
    Will do, Mr. Wizard.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Will do, Mr. Wizard.
    Not a problem. I just don't want you to burn your azz off