View Poll Results: Gas or Charcoal?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gas

    4 30.77%
  • Charcoal

    5 38.46%
  • Depends (please explain)

    3 23.08%
  • I don't ever grill outside

    1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    So when it comes to grilling out do you prefer gas or charcoal? I prefer gas myself...quick, easy and cheap! I've had a lot of people try to tell me that there is a taste difference yet no one has ever been able to prove that to me. Gas grilled food tastes no different than charcoal grilled to me...so why should I spend all that time waiting around for the coals to be ready?

    So what's it for you?

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,976

    Re: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    I grill most things (chicken, fish, dogs, etc) on gas. but when I want STEAK -- I use Charcoal. And it does give it a more smokey flavor that is worth waiting for. I have a charcoal starter (electric) so I don't use that fluid crap.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  3. #3
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,365

    Re: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    We had friends over and just had some burgers for us and some dogs for the kids on our gas grill. It rained for about a half hour before they came, then it stopped for an hour while we grilled and ate, and it has been raining ever since then. The grilling gods were kind to us today, since nobody wanted to settle for stovetop burgers and boiled dogs.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  4. #4
    BigBen2112
    Guest

    Re: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    Grill? Sh*t who has that much time?

  5. #5

    Re: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    Charcoal and woods definately have a better flavor but honestly you can really only taste it if you are roasting meats. For most stuff I use gas because it's easy. Obviously charcoal and wood for roasting.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    Gas cuz it's easy. The other day I just bought a small gas grill for tailgating at the Steelers/Cincy gane and the easy clean-up factor was the kicker for my purchase.

    I have a gas grill here at the house. I do enjoy food cooked over charcol when it's cooked by other people.

    If your preference is going charcol, this product is the way to go:

    http://www.biggreenegg.com/

  7. #7
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,365

    Re: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Gas cuz it's easy. The other day I just bought a small gas grill for tailgating at the Steelers/Cincy gane and the easy clean-up factor was the kicker for my purchase.

    I have a gas grill here at the house. I do enjoy food cooked over charcol when it's cooked by other people.

    If your preference is going charcol, this product is the way to go:

    http://www.biggreenegg.com/
    I hope the big green egg grill is not some warped combination of the grill daddy and the egg-erator!

    http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/vie...php?f=2&t=1108


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Gas cuz it's easy. The other day I just bought a small gas grill for tailgating at the Steelers/Cincy gane and the easy clean-up factor was the kicker for my purchase.

    I have a gas grill here at the house. I do enjoy food cooked over charcol when it's cooked by other people.

    If your preference is going charcol, this product is the way to go:

    http://www.biggreenegg.com/
    I hope the big green egg grill is not some warped combination of the grill daddy and the egg-erator!

    http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/vie...php?f=2&t=1108
    Oh no. It's a fantasic invention!! A friend of mine has one and I've seen it's work first hand.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    So I'm the one charcoal user around here?

    You guys and yer fancy schmancy gas grills.

    To hell with the lot of ya'z!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,365

    Re: Grillin' time...is it gas or charcoal?

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    So I'm the one charcoal user around here?

    You guys and yer fancy schmancy gas grills.

    To hell with the lot of yinz!!!
    Fixed that for you.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •