Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colbert is one of the best GM's in the Biz!

Backup

User Info Menu

Colbert is one of the best GM's in the Biz!

1) Starks is the 2nd highest paid steeler for a single season , in the history of the franchise.

2) Mahan was signed for 17 million dollars , and he is now a backup player.

3) Hartwig signed for 4 million and has recently been shown the door by two teams.

4) Steelers have 28 million dollars tied to 3 players nobody else wants. 2 of those players will begin training camp on the bench. One lost his starting job last year with the steelers and was given a nice 7 million guaranteed funds to show for it. One will lose his starting job this year. One lost his starting Job to two different teams already.

5) Cedric Wilson was signed for nearly 3 million dollars per season. The worst offense in the league at the time (49ers) didn't want him. He later was caught beating his wife.

6) Steelers went from 3.4 Yards per rush Allowed to 5.0 yards per rush allowed as soon as AAron Smith left the lineup. The backup players were Travis Tritt And Nicky Eason. Steelers answer in the offseason to address the lack of depth was to resign the 2 stooges.

7) Steelers allow Randle El to beome a free agent 3 years ago. To my knowledge they still have not found a return man. If mewelde Moore is the guy, then it wil have taken them 3 years to find another return guy. meantime the numerous fumbles and ineptitude
    only cost a few games.

The Steelers drafted a Linebacker with the 15th over all pick last year. He couldn't even make a tackle on special teams. And he is supposed to be a sideline to sideline guy.
    we later find out that we needed a replacement for Larry Foote. Yea , that was real important.

9) Knowing full well you needed a better line, you take a punter and a soft backup tight end with picks 3 and 4. There is no one other than Ben on the team from the 2004 draft. And the steelers drafts from the third round on have been abysmal.

10) When an injury to the QB happens or a major defender tothe def line, Steeler fans by and large will blame Tomlin for the problems. But the real culprit will be the nice quiet
    guy from Detroit.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Colbert is one of the best GM's in the Biz!

I'm convinced that maybe 5 percent of your posts are actually objective and worth reading and the rest is a bunch of your own personal propaganda and soap box bullsh.it. Give it a rest man. I don't believe there are many that actually give a sh.it about what you think...then again maybe I'm in the minority on this, who knows.

Let me guess you could do a better job?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    I'm convinced that maybe 5 percent of your posts are actually objective and worth reading and the rest is a bunch of your own personal propaganda and soap box bullsh.it. Give it a rest man. I don't believe there are many that actually give a sh.it about what you think...then again maybe I'm in the minority on this, who knows.

Nest year whenyou Blame Tomlin for the Steelers getting gashed in the 4th QTR,
    this post will become more relevant.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies

I'm not worried about Tomiln and I'm certainly not worried about the Steelers. My suggestion is you keep your propaganda and often ridiculous positions to yourself and your radio show. Sh.it call up ESPN maybe you can snag Mark Madden's old job, it will be like he never left.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

1) Starks is the 2nd highest paid steeler for a single season , in the history of the franchise.

2) Mahan was signed for 24 million dollars , and he is now a backup player.
    I thought it was $17 Mil? I could be wrong.

Also wasn't Okobi the one that Colbert had in waiting to replace Hartings? Okobi not getting his shot could be a coaching issue more than a GM issue.

3) Hartwig signed for 4 million and has recently been shown the door by two teams.
    Can't be worse than Mahan.

4) Steelers have 28 million dollars tied to 3 players nobody else wants. 2 of those players will begin training camp on the bench. One lost his starting job last year with the steelers and was given a nice 7 million guaranteed funds to show for it. One will lose his starting job this year. One lost his starting Job to two different teams already.

5) Cedric Wilson was signed for nearly 3 million dollars per season. The worst offense in the league at the time (49ers) didn't want him. He later was caught beating his wife.
    Every team has their FA receiver that doesn't produce. We have Antonio Chatman.

6) Steelers went from 3.4 Yards per rush Allowed to 5.0 yards per rush allowed as soon as AAron Smith left the lineup. The backup players were Travis Tritt And Nicky Eason. Steelers answer in the offseason to address the lack of depth was to resign the 2 stooges.
    I was surprised as well that you guys didn't address the D-Line during the offseason.

7) Steelers allow Randle El to beome a free agent 3 years ago. To my knowledge they still have not found a return man. If mewelde Moore is the guy, then it wil have taken them 3 years to find another return guy. meantime the numerous fumbles and ineptitude
    only cost a few games.
    Holmes had potential until he proved he couldn't hold on to the football. You guys also took a shot with Rossom who was decent in Atlanta, but that didn't pan out either.

The Steelers drafted a Linebacker with the 15th over all pick last year. He couldn't even make a tackle on special teams. And he is supposed to be a sideline to sideline guy.
    we later find out that we needed a replacement for Larry Foote. Yea , that was real important.
    I was happy when you guys took Timmons (Especially when Beason was still on the board). But Woodley made up for that pick.

9) Knowing full well you needed a better line, you take a punter and a soft backup tight end with picks 3 and 4. There is no one other than Ben on the team from the 2004 draft. And the steelers drafts from the third round on have been abysmal.
    I agree 100% with that last line.

10) When an injury to the QB happens or a major defender tothe def line, Steeler fans by and large will blame Tomlin for the problems. But the real culprit will be the nice quiet
    guy from Detroit.
    I'll agree with you on the D-Line but if something happens to the QB, I don't think anyone will blame Tomlin...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Jom112]

Also wasn't Okobi the one that Colbert had in waiting to replace Hartings? Okobi not getting his shot could be a coaching issue more than a GM issue.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":1hwjhs97

I was surprised as well that you guys didn't address the D-Line during the offseason.

only cost a few games.
    Holmes had potential until he proved he couldn't hold on to the football. You guys also took a shot with Rossom who was decent in Atlanta, but that didn't pan out either.

I was happy when you guys took Timmons (Especially when Beason was still on the board). But Woodley made up for that pick.

guy from Detroit.
    I'll agree with you on the D-Line but if something happens to the QB, I don't think anyone will blame Tomlin...[/quote:1hwjhs97]

Timmons will prove his worth soon enough. He hasn't because he got injured and the Steelers had the luxury of keeping him in the wings. Had he been thrust in the starting line up there isn't a doubt in my mind he would have produced at least as well as Beason his first season. He's going to be a force, along with Woodley this year. Write it down.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm convinced that maybe 5 percent of your posts are actually objective and worth reading and the rest is a bunch of your own personal propaganda and soap box bullsh.it. Give it a rest man. I don't believe there are many that actually give a **** about what you think...then again maybe I'm in the minority on this, who knows.

I'm not worried about Tomiln and I'm certainly not worried about the Steelers. My suggestion is you keep your propaganda and often ridiculous positions to yourself and your radio show. Sh.it call up ESPN maybe you can snag Mark Madden's old job, it will be like he never left.

Snatch on Porter

"Keep Him. He's a defensive leader regardless of his last season production.
    We need to keep him.

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1447297&highlight=#1447297"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1447297[/url]

-------------------------------------
    Snatch on Nate Washington

"I also don't understand the Nate Washington "hate fest"I wouldn't be
    surprised to see him really step it up this season and impress a lot of people
    especially if Ben gets back to where he once was...."

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1455640&highlight=#1455640"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1455640[/url]
    --------------------------------------

Snatch on Ben not being able to throw down field.

"If Ben mentally accepts a short to mid-range passing offense and quits trying to
    force long passes like some gunslinger he will be unstoppable. Ben is not a good
    deep passer"

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1560734&highlight=#1560734"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1560734[/url]
    ------------------------------------

snatch on Vince Young

"You would be absolutely out of your mind if you drop Vince Young to pick up Schaub.
    VY is going to be a stud this year"

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1617533&highlight=#1617533"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1617533[/url]

----------------------------------------

snatch on his Madden 2008 football talents

"I play on 360 and I am pretty confident I could beat anyone on this board"

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1833568&highlight=#1833568"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1833568[/url]

Snatch Takes roy Williams over MOss

"Williams is just about as good in my opinion"

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1849433&highlight=#1849433"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1849433[/url]

======================================

snatch complaining about Cash given to starks, yet I'm not allowed to complain.

"I hate the signing for that much cash"

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1894928&highlight=#1894928"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1894928[/url]

========================================

I had to go back to the old site cause I don't remember ever discussing anything with you before. I checked some of your posts. I'm about as impressed with you as you are with me.

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=Jom112]

Yes, it was a typo on my part. I had starks 7 million in my head.

Okobi got cut by the next team he went to and I beleive is currently out of the league. WOuld have to put blame on Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":13i1zvjs

Correct. good point. But Faine would have solidified the postion. They never offered him a contract.

But by letting go your receivers (plax and El) and your return guy (El) and missing with Nate and Ced & Reid) , Colbert has had to let go the LOS because he has had to draft WR's (Redi, Baker, Holmes, Sweed) instead of being able to focus on the line of scrimmage.

We value Punters and Backup tight ends a little more.

only cost a few games.

Colbert keeps swinging and missing.

Woodley looks good. Were typically ok until we get to the third round.

Just pointing out the facts.

guy from Detroit.
    I'll agree with you on the D-Line but if something happens to the QB, I don't think anyone will blame Tomlin...[/quote:13i1zvjs]

They will find a way. Just watch.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Mr Smartmonies][quote=Snatch98][quote="Mr Smartmonies":3uzl5iey][quote=Snatch98]I'm convinced that maybe 5 percent of your posts are actually objective and worth reading and the rest is a bunch of your own personal propaganda and soap box bullsh.it. Give it a rest man. I don't believe there are many that actually give a bad word about what you think...then again maybe I'm in the minority on this, who knows.

Let me guess you could do a better job?[/quote]

this post will become more relevant.[/quote]

I'm not worried about Tomiln and I'm certainly not worried about the Steelers. My suggestion is you keep your propaganda and often ridiculous positions to yourself and your radio show. Sh.it call up ESPN maybe you can snag Mark Madden's old job, it will be like he never left.[/quote]

[b]Snatch on Porter[/b]

[i]"Keep Him. He's a defensive leader regardless of his last season production.
    We need to keep him. [/i]

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1447297&highlight=#1447297"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1447297[/url]

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1455640&highlight=#1455640"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1455640[/url]

"If Ben mentally accepts a short to mid-range passing offense and quits trying to
    force long passes like some gunslinger he will be unstoppable. Ben is not a good
    deep passer"

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1560734&highlight=#1560734"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1560734[/url]

snatch on Vince Young

"You would be absolutely out of your mind if you drop Vince Young to pick up Schaub.

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1617533&highlight=#1617533"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1617533[/url]

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1833568&highlight=#1833568"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1833568[/url]

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1849433&highlight=#1849433"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1849433[/url]

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1894928&highlight=#1894928"]http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1894928[/url]

I had to go back to the old site cause I don't remember ever discussing anything with you before. I checked some of your posts. I'm about as impressed with you as you are with me. [/quote:3uzl5iey]

Talk about mis-quoting and taking things out of context. You may want to click on a few of the links you provided. I specifically state that Big Ben has a tremendous deep ball. I also said that Roy Williams is every bit as talented as Randy Moss and also mention that moss isn't the team divider everyone initially made him out to be and Joey Porter in our system is Joey Porter. I wouldn't have paid him what he got in Miami but would have liked to see him hang around. I've also never played Madden on the 360. As far as Nate Washington is concerned he stepped up on more than one occasions this past season. I like him as a number 3 and love him as a number 4.

My VY miss was the same one plenty of people made that season. You really are a dumb ass. Thank you for the further clarification. I hope your fact checking is at least a little better for your radio show. If it isn't you must cater to the retarded radio listeners of the world.

EDIT: Honestly click on those links so you can feel stupid and if you don't feel stupid you should.

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=Snatch98][quote=Mr Smartmonies][quote=Snatch98]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies":3kwkh41d][quote=Snatch98]I'm convinced that maybe 5 percent of your posts are actually objective and worth reading and the rest is a bunch of your own personal propaganda and soap box bullsh.it. Give it a rest man. I don't believe there are many that actually give a bad word about what you think...then again maybe I'm in the minority on this, who knows.

Let me guess you could do a better job?[/quote]

this post will become more relevant.[/quote]

I'm not worried about Tomiln and I'm certainly not worried about the Steelers. My suggestion is you keep your propaganda and often ridiculous positions to yourself and your radio show. Sh.it call up ESPN maybe you can snag Mark Madden's old job, it will be like he never left.[/quote]

[b]Snatch on Porter[/b]

[i]"Keep Him. He's a defensive leader regardless of his last season production.
    We need to keep him. [/i]

[url="http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?p=1447297&highlight=#1447297
    http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewt ... t=#1447297[/url]

deep passer"

snatch on Vince Young

I had to go back to the old site cause I don't remember ever discussing anything with you before. I checked some of your posts. I'm about as impressed with you as you are with me.
    Talk about mis-quoting and taking things out of context. You may want to click on a few of the links you provided. I specifically state that Big Ben has a tremendous deep ball. I also said that Roy Williams is every bit as talented as Randy Moss and also mention that moss isn't the team divider everyone initially made him out to be and Joey Porter in our system is Joey Porter. I wouldn't have paid him what he got in Miami but would have liked to see him hang around. I've also never played Madden on the 360. As far as Nate Washington is concerned he stepped up on more than one occasions this past season. I like him as a number 3 and love him as a number 4.

My VY miss was the same one plenty of people made that season. You really are a dumb bad word. Thank you for the further clarification. I hope your fact checking is at least a little better for your radio show. If it isn't you must cater to the retarded radio listeners of the world.
    .[/quote:3kwkh41d]

Ever notice other people always mention my stupid radio show and yet those same people will later accuse me of talking about it?

snatch, why make everything so personal. If you disagree with something I say, just state your case and we can discuss it. Calling names doesn't make for a healthy enjoyable message board.