Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rooneys = Vick??

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Rooneys = Vick??

Ok...I'm convinced. I'm going to become a vegan.

No more New York Strip, no more big juicy burgers, no more chicken wings.

Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Anyone here eat meat? I'm sure you all do, I know I do... and its darned delicious.

Dog racing is closer to factory farming than it is to Dog Fighting. The dogs are used for a purpose, and then disposed of (albeit, not always humanely). A lot of them are rescued, but I'm sure even more are put to sleep or worse. Pigs, cows and chickens live much worse lives and they ALL die at the end, none of them are rescued. So how is that any different? Read up on factory farming, its horrific stuff. The one example that sticks with me is that they'll cut off the beaks of chickens so they don't peck each other in the close quarters.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factory_farming[/url]

And before anyone says "yeah, but dogs are smarter than livestock." Keep in mind that pigs are regarded as at least as intelligent as dogs, if not more so.

That being said. Here are my quick thoughts:

Dog fighting = horrific.
    Dog racing = bad but not horrible
    Eating factory farmed meat = bad but delicious
    Eating locally/organically/farm raised meat = good but expensive
    Eating factory farmed meat with one hand, bashing the Rooneys for owning a racetrack with the other = hypocritical
    Yeah, we are all hypocrites to one degree or another. For me, its mainly because I am a dog lover who can't imagine that type of cruelty committed against one of my dogs. We put animals into categories as food, sport or companion and we expect the rest of the world to comply to our standards.

I guess the only people that can truely argue against animal cruely are vegetarians.
    Hah you should see what those sickos do to broccoli!!!
    I've seen some video of molten cheese being poured over their heads. Its horrific.
    Yep, so using Rhoden's logic:

Eating vegetables = Dog Fighting

Next time you see someone at a salad bar you should throw French Dressing on them and yell "SALAD IS MURDER!!!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone here eat meat? I'm sure you all do, I know I do... and its darned delicious.

Dog racing is closer to factory farming than it is to Dog Fighting. The dogs are used for a purpose, and then disposed of (albeit, not always humanely). A lot of them are rescued, but I'm sure even more are put to sleep or worse. Pigs, cows and chickens live much worse lives and they ALL die at the end, none of them are rescued. So how is that any different? Read up on factory farming, its horrific stuff. The one example that sticks with me is that they'll cut off the beaks of chickens so they don't peck each other in the close quarters.

And before anyone says "yeah, but dogs are smarter than livestock." Keep in mind that pigs are regarded as at least as intelligent as dogs, if not more so.

Dog fighting = horrific.
    Eating factory farmed meat with one hand, bashing the Rooneys for owning a racetrack with the other = hypocritical
    Yeah, we are all hypocrites to one degree or another. For me, its mainly because I am a dog lover who can't imagine that type of cruelty committed against one of my dogs. We put animals into categories as food, sport or companion and we expect the rest of the world to comply to our standards.

I guess the only people that can truely argue against animal cruely are vegetarians.
    I've seen some video of molten cheese being poured over their heads. Its horrific.
    Yep, so using Rhoden's logic:

Eating vegetables = Dog Fighting

Next time you see someone at a salad bar you should throw French Dressing on them and yell "SALAD IS MURDER!!!"
    That is some funny ****e right there!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Dog fighting = horrific.
    Bingo, dude.

I think I must be a rotten human being. I don't have bad feelings about such things as horses being sent to the glue factory and the like. I mean they eat horses and dogs in some cultures, I don't guess the animals really care too much whether they wind up in some Elmer's glue bottle or on some spicy plate. Make sure the end is as humane as seems appropriate, and then carry on.

Maybe there's something to chimps and large apes being in a different in a different category than other animals. But beyond that ... ?

P.S. Dog fighting ... jail seems like the right place for those folks. And yet ... bullfighting (slowly kill a bull, then dissect it in public and prance about with the ears or something bizarre like that) is something like the national sport in Spain!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

Dog fighting = horrific.
    Bingo, dude.

I think I must be a rotten human being. I don't have bad feelings about such things as horses being sent to the glue factory and the like. I mean they eat horses and dogs in some cultures, I don't guess the animals really care too much whether they wind up in some Elmer's glue bottle or on some spicy plate. Make sure the end is as humane as seems appropriate, and then carry on.

Maybe there's something to chimps and large apes being in a different in a different category than other animals. But beyond that ... ?

P.S. Dog fighting ... jail seems like the right place for those folks. And yet ... bullfighting (slowly kill a bull, then dissect it in public and prance about with the ears or something bizarre like that) is something like the national sport in Spain!
    That's the problem. The hidden camera footage from HBO's Real Sports showed people stabbing horses in the neck multiple times in an attempt to sever the spine and paralyze them so they were easier to then kill. It showed guys using bolt guns designed for cattle on horses...problem is horses have longer necks and can move their heads faster...so it was taking several attempts. Eventually some of them gave up, strung the horses up by their hind legs and slit their throats. And that was after all those attempts to kill them. It was pretty frightening to see how these once prized animals were treated. Basically just thrown away because they were no longer useful.

I'm not sure why, but I'm able to draw the line between animals who are raised for the sole purpose of feeding us and animals who are once adored by us and then treated so inhumanely because they can no longer run fast enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

[youtubeob6aeoq]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hz2Dpb1Sdik&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hz2Dpb1Sdik&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtubeob6aeoq]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you truly believe this, this song by Canadian band the Arrogant Worms will be your national anthem.

[youtube:1cts2yt1]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KmK0bZl4ILM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KmK0bZl4ILM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1cts2yt1]

They also have several other goofy tunes like "Mounted Animal Nature Trail," "William Shakespeare is in my Cat," "Canada's Really Big," "Jesus' Brother Bob," "The Last Saskatchewan Pirate," and "I Am Cow."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dog fighting = horrific.
    but, dogs are so cute and furry...

and delicious... I love chinese food...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Here are my quick thoughts:

Dog fighting = horrific.
    Your list concerning dog fighting makes me think of one of the pages of Demetri Martin's "Big Pad" concerning pillow fighting. It is at the very end of the 6+ minute clip (the last page he shows before the end) but the rest of the stuff is pretty funny too, so I would suggest watching it all.

Pillow Fighting:

Man vs. Woman = Fun
    Man vs. Man = Gay
    Woman vs. Woman = Awesome
    Man vs. Pillow = Crazy
    Pillow vs. Pillow = Crazy Awesome

[youtube:5im2qkni]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ZmyH4DSxII&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ZmyH4DSxII&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:5im2qkni]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Here are my quick thoughts:

Dog fighting = horrific.
    Your list concerning dog fighting makes me think of one of the pages of Demetri Martin's "Big Pad" concerning pillow fighting. It is at the very end of the 6+ minute clip (the last page he shows before the end) but the rest of the stuff is pretty funny too, so I would suggest watching it all.

Pillow Fighting:

Man vs. Woman = Fun
    Man vs. Man = Gay
    Woman vs. Woman = Awesome
    Man vs. Pillow = Crazy
    Pillow vs. Pillow = Crazy Awesome
    I love that guy. It's such a different/awesome form of humor. I think I subconsciously stole that format from him.