Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bigger Geeks: Fantasy F-ballers or Msg board-ers?

BIG FAN

Re: Bigger Geeks: Fantasy F-ballers or Msg board-ers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Who among us hasn't left a message like that?

So true. And I wondered why I never got a call back??
    Evidently, you wern't speaking with Les 74.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=BIG FAN]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2g7ilylo

So true. And I wondered why I never got a call back??
    Evidently, you wern't speaking with Les 74. [/quote:2g7ilylo]

Ehy Oh!!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like VP, but his rational was flawed. He talks about how Fantasy sports are pointless because they are, essentually fake. Yet, this is a guy who fills out numerous NCAA Tournament brackets year in and year out, so i guess it is ok when he does it, but not fantasy baseball and football players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    That was pretty bad Oz, and funny at the same time....

... I just thought it all was very funny (show topic question). I don't mind either of those guys as ESPN anchors...

I also do both activities, but took no offense to it....

I took no offense either, I thought it was funny. I like Kuselias & wish he had a full time gig during the week. He does have morning show on Saturday's from 7-9 am (I think).

As far as the Van Pelt link, that's was harsh for that girl to post that online!!!
    I liked Kuselius when he had his afternoon drive show on ESPN radio for a while there. He started out with his brother as the "Sports Brothers", but his brother went back to his old job (as a lawyer, I think). It then became the "Sports Bash" for a while, but Erik then took a TV gig hosting a NASCAR show (never watched it, because I have no interest in watching cars turn left). I'm not sure if he is still doing the NASCAR show or not, but it is good to hear him filling in for Mike and Mike now and then, or Tirico and Van Pelt or whatever.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

As for the show, I caught part of it and thought it was pretty funny. Especially since they're both wrong!
    I can honestly say I never have. But I have a reason. I have three older sisters who taught me at a young age that girls like to be treated like dirt - up to a certain point. Then once you land them, you have to start being a nice guy.

Seems like Scott is a nice dude. Unfortunately for him, that just doesn't work.

Oh, and on the original topic - I don't play FF so they are definitely the bigger geeks

Legend

User Info Menu

Those of us that signed up for a message board fantasy football league must me uber-geeks. Recognize.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Those of us that signed up for a message board fantasy football league must me uber-geeks. Recognize.

I was going to say the same thing. I am a little late on this thread, but I heard that conversation on ESPN radio last week, and was cracking up because I heard it right after I signed up for said "Message Board 'Fantasy Football'" League. Ugh, what tools we are...ha.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is kind of irrelevant nowadays. Geeks used to be shunned, but geeks can get PAID.

Thank you internet!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    This is kind of irrelevant nowadays. Geeks used to be shunned, but geeks can get PAID.

Thank you internet!

This reminds me of a bumper sticker that I saw once that read:

BE NICE TO GEEKS IN HIGH SCHOOL. SOME DAY THEY WILL BE YOUR BOSS.