Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bigger Geeks: Fantasy F-ballers or Msg board-ers?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bigger Geeks: Fantasy F-ballers or Msg board-ers?

Did anyone else hear this running question back on Thursday? Must have been a slow news day...

... On the Tirico & Van Pelt show (with Erik Kuselias filling in for Tirico) back on Thursday, this was the "question of the day". Van Pelt said it was F-Ballers, while Kuselias said it was msg board posters.... It was actually pretty funny how it went on, and on, and on... Some funny lines came from it... "Fantasy footballers can put on thier Darth Vadar helmets and pretend that they are GMs..." "Msg board posters hold up in thier moms' basement..." "My six-yr old picked my team, and I won the division..." "GatorHater227 can call and voice his protest while he screams upstairs for more meatloaf..." ...Van Pelt admitted to posting on various boards so as to grasp the feeling of the fans, while Kuselias is going to be doing a fantasy show this season...

Brenda and I were driving back from a morning of fishing while down in Myrtle for a few days, and she was laughing her azc off, saying.... "That's Exactly You, Dear!!!..."

... I would have taken offense to the whole thing, but it was just so funny!... Anyone else catch some of it?

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Bigger Geeks: Fantasy F-ballers or Msg board-ers?

John Clayton is the biggest geek anywhere. So my vote would go to sportswriters.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    John Clayton is the biggest geek anywhere. So my vote would go to sportswriters.
    ...Well, he is DEFINITELY on my list... Ever since he blew the whistle on the Steelers for violating off-season practice rules back in '78....

...I hold a grudge!......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, I caught the entire banter the other day while listening to ESPN Radio online. I take part in both of these activities. I have alot of down time at work & this is how I get thru my work day.

Van Pelt has no business calling anyone a nerd. Please click below for proof:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5a4p3x091A[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That was pretty bad Oz, and funny at the same time....

... I just thought it all was very funny (show topic question). I don't mind either of those guys as ESPN anchors...

I also do both activities, but took no offense to it....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    That was pretty bad Oz, and funny at the same time....

... I just thought it all was very funny (show topic question). I don't mind either of those guys as ESPN anchors...

I also do both activities, but took no offense to it....

I took no offense either, I thought it was funny. I like Kuselias & wish he had a full time gig during the week. He does have morning show on Saturday's from 7-9 am (I think).

As far as the Van Pelt link, that's was harsh for that girl to post that online!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    As far as the Van Pelt link, that's was harsh for that girl to post that online!!!
    Very true.... As "geeks" go, I like the guy.......

Legend

User Info Menu

Who among us hasn't left a message like that?

As for the show, I caught part of it and thought it was pretty funny. Especially since they're both wrong!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In general, I like geeks. They are usually very funny people. There has to be another reason for me not to like someone other than them just being a geek. I know you have it in for Clayton, but I repect the knowledge that he brings to ESPN. If the TV is on at the house and I'm busy doing something, I always stop what I'm doing to listen to what he has to say. Clayton is the grand poo-bah of the Geeks.....

Van Pelt really isn't that much of a geek. Just seems like a nice guy who got burned!!! It's happenend to most people at some point......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Who among us hasn't left a message like that?

So true. And I wondered why I never got a call back??