Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Davis signs per profootballtalk.com

Bruce Davis signs per profootballtalk.com

Steelers agreed to terms with third-round OLB Bruce Davis on a three-year contract, according to Scout.com's Adam Caplan.
    Davis received roughly $500,000 to sign. The former UCLA Bruin was mostly a defensive end in college, but did see some action with his hand up and will play linebacker in Pittsburgh's 3-4. He'll likely back up starters James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley as a rookie while focusing on special teams.
    Source: Profootballtalk.com
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

Re: Bruce Davis signs per profootballtalk.com

Cool!!!!!!!..... I'm looking for big things from this cat. Maybe not this season (except on ST). Most rookies we sign don't seem to do too much thier first year..... But I think he's gonna be a force for us!

Thanx for the news!........

Woodley and Davis are the future at OLB. I have a better feeling about Davis than Timmons personally. Davis is the epitome of Steeler OLB.

I'm not big on contract deals but isnt a 3 yr deal for a 3rd rounder kind of short?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler
    I'm not big on contract deals but isnt a 3 yr deal for a 3rd rounder kind of short?
    I believe they also gave Hills a 3-yr deal as well.....

Sounds about right.

BIG FAN

The dominoes are beginning to fall into place. With Davis, that now our 3,4,and 5th. rounders signed.
    If he improves our special teams with the much needed shot in the arm then he will have lived up to first year expectations.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    The dominoes are beginning to fall into place. With Davis, that now our 3,4,and 5th. rounders signed.
    If he improves our special teams with the much needed shot in the arm then he will have lived up to first year expectations.
    Sweed and Mendenhall may be tough to sign and it may go down to wire with the start of camp. Their agents will argue that both were rated much higher than where they were drafted. Good thing about the NFL is that the slotting system that has evolved makes the salry issue easy. Bonus and number of years on the contract are the only things that are really issues to deal with.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Sweed and Mendenhall may be tough to sign and it may go down to wire with the start of camp. Their agents will argue that both were rated much higher than where they were drafted. Good thing about the NFL is that the slotting system that has evolved makes the salry issue easy. Bonus and number of years on the contract are the only things that are really issues to deal with.
    Agreed, but right now I feel confident we have them in camp. I haven't seen anywhere about any major problems with their negotiations as of yet. Hope it stays that way.

Hall of Famer

i admit i dont know much about davis but i hope he is as good as all of you think he is. does anyone think davis was drafted to play de in a 4-3 in the future? he seems very small for a lb'er