Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farve asks to be released.

Legend

User Info Menu

Farve asks to be released.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns[/url]

Discuss

Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Farve asks to be released.

Good move. .... I'm still tired of it, though. .... Tampa, Atlanta, Detroit, and Minny have been the teams I've heard mentioned.

He is one of the last great characters in the league. I like that. ..... But his saga has grown weary...

Backup

User Info Menu

Good for Farve and good for GB if they release him and move on, However if Rogers falters GB is gonna look like the dumbest franchise in the league .

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler
    Good for Farve and good for GB if they release him and move on, However if Rogers falters GB is gonna look like the dumbest franchise in the league .

This is what I was discussing with a group of friends today after work at the local sportsbar. If the Packers start 0-2 & whatever team Favre goes to starts out 2-0, brace yourself for a backlash from the Packer faithfull!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I just don't want to see him as a Raven
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I just don't want to see him as a Raven

Me neither. That will give us legitamate competition for the division title. All we have to do is win the AFC North and it's a brand new season!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If they release him don't they have to eat this year's 13 million dollar cap hit? As long as he's on the retired list they don't have to pay him anything. A trade may be likely if they can find a suitor to eat the salary this year.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They have absolutely no reason to release him. To be known, I'm a Farve fan, he's a likeble enough guy, but he has led this team on for years now. Will he come back or won't he? Is he retired, or isn't he? He makes them pay in the draft for the last three years by not letting them go after a Qb because they don't know what he is doing until well after the draft. Now, he makes an official announcement of retirement, and then changes his mind, and wants them to just let him walk free out of his contract? Puh-leeze. And everyone knows that the Vikings are high on the list, like the Packers are just going to let him walk rigth into a division rivals backyard and have to play him twice in a season. Uh, no way, Pal. His stock has fallen pretty low in my eyes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    They have absolutely no reason to release him. To be known, I'm a Farve fan, he's a likeble enough guy, but he has led this team on for years now. Will he come back or won't he? Is he retired, or isn't he? He makes them pay in the draft for the last three years by not letting them go after a Qb because they don't know what he is doing until well after the draft. Now, he makes an official announcement of retirement, and then changes his mind, and wants them to just let him walk free out of his contract? Puh-leeze. And everyone knows that the Vikings are high on the list, like the Packers are just going to let him walk rigth into a division rivals backyard and have to play him twice in a season. Uh, no way, Pal. His stock has fallen pretty low in my eyes.
    I agree. Packers would be smart in trying to get something for him. I do not think the Packers are too concerned where Farve ends up. They know him as good as anyone. Personally, I think Farve is selfish. I've felt that way about him since he said it was not his job to tutor Rogers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Favre will not play for the Vikings. The Packers know the Vikings would win the division going away with a legit threat at QB. With the O line the Vikings have he could stand back there all day and pick teams apart. Not quite the same case with the Bears, but still a good team lacking a QB (and RB). Plus there is no way the organization is going to want to deal with him facing them 2x a season for as long as he stays in the league.

Heh...as I typed this Chris Mortenson just agreed with me!

If he were a poster here he'd do this: