Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers interested in running back Kevin Jones

BigBen2112

Re: Steelers interested in running back Kevin Jones

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3lag6lbx
    Ben, I agree with a lot of what you say about the RB situation...but I still believe Russell is more the reason why they're interested in KJ.
    Are you saying that just to irritate me?

I actually agree...but I don't believe its to replace Russell...I believe it's to push him.
    No, not trying to irritate. Just sharing my opinion...and yours could be right too. It could be as a push. Either way I suspect the interest in KJ relates directly to Russell.[/quote:3lag6lbx]

But I personally think that stems from what they saw last year...and the fact that behind our #1 we have NO proven RBs.

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=BigBen2112]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":13e63yad
    Ben, I agree with a lot of what you say about the RB situation...but I still believe Russell is more the reason why they're interested in KJ.

I actually agree...but I don't believe its to replace Russell...I believe it's to push him.
    No, not trying to irritate. Just sharing my opinion...and yours could be right too. It could be as a push. Either way I suspect the interest in KJ relates directly to Russell.
    But I personally think that stems from what they saw last year...and the fact that behind our #1 we have NO proven RBs. [/quote:13e63yad]

I agree with all 3 of you, well sort of.

SMG- If they believed that Russell was the answer, there would be no need to bring in someone to push him.--- but I if brought in it will be to "push" Russell.

Stlrz d- I agree that they did not like what they saw of Russell thus they want to find somebody to "push" him.

Benny- You are correct that behind FWP we have no PROVEN backups.

As I said you guys are all right, and alright--- IMO.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=BigLebowski]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2wp3ssxp

No, not trying to irritate. Just sharing my opinion...and yours could be right too. It could be as a push. Either way I suspect the interest in KJ relates directly to Russell.
    But I personally think that stems from what they saw last year...and the fact that behind our #1 we have NO proven RBs.

I agree with all 3 of you, well sort of.

SMG- If they believed that Russell was the answer, there would be no need to bring in someone to push him.--- but I if brought in it will be to "push" Russell.

Stlrz d- I agree that they did not like what they saw of Russell thus they want to find somebody to "push" him.

Benny- You are correct that behind FWP we have no PROVEN backups.

As I said you guys are all right, and alright--- IMO. [/quote:2wp3ssxp]

Well take this for what it's worth but they cut our back up running back and kept Russell. That certainly doesn't scream..."we don't like Russell" to me. They must think Russell is at least better than Davenport.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":17i9jalf

No, not trying to irritate. Just sharing my opinion...and yours could be right too. It could be as a push. Either way I suspect the interest in KJ relates directly to Russell.[/quote:17i9jalf]

You know I'm playing with ya. I personally think its healthy to have real comp in camp. It brings out the best in even the hardest workers. People fight when they are not guaranteed a paycheck. I like it personally.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=ShawnMedGuy]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3jgc14kr

You know I'm playing with ya. I personally think its healthy to have real comp in camp. It brings out the best in even the hardest workers. People fight when they are not guaranteed a paycheck. I like it personally.[/quote:3jgc14kr]

Oh I know you were just messin'.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben...healthy our D is going to be sick...and I mean sick....lol.

Seriously, the addition of Timmons and Woodley will bring a better pass rush which will really help our secondary. If our D stays healthy it will be top 3 in the NFL.

The true question mark is certainly our Oline. If our Oline can just play as an average line...and we stay healthy...the Steelers will be making a serious run at another SB.

I agree with most of this, but, to be an effective starter, Timmons has a lot to prove in the way of toughness. Last year, on a few occassions, I saw him run out of his lane on kick coverage to avoid a larger blocker or a wedge. That is simply a punk move and is inexcusable. As soon as I see him meet a FB in the hole at full speed (even if he loses the battle) I'll feel a lot better. But, if he bales, I will have very serious doubts about this kid. It will be very interesting to see the difference in his aggressiveness this year. He does look like he has bulked up a little. Where is the freakin' preseason already!!!
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

BigBen2112

Well take this for what it's worth but they cut our back up running back and kept Russell. That certainly doesn't scream..."we don't like Russell" to me. They must think Russell is at least better than Davenport.

I personally think it screams, "Behind FWP we have zero proven guys...and the ONE proven guy we do have...Najeh Davenport? He's proven he sucks and cant handle the workload if FWP went down again...so lets cut him and see what we have with everyone else." That's what it says to me. But who knows...