Thread: Your favorite Big Ben game from 2007?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Your favorite Big Ben game from 2007?

Since it's still the offseason and there's not much to talk about, I thought I'd start a fun topic.

Last year was Big Ben's breakout year. He set a franchise record, was our biggest playmaker, and made the Pro Bowl. He had a lot of great moments last year, even though our overall record last year was slightly disappointing. So what was your favorite game to watch Big Ben last year?

My favorite (drum roll):

Game 2 against Cleveland. When our special teams let Cribbs have his way, and Ben threw an int in the first half, the second half was all Big Ben. Watching our QB improvise and shred the Cleveland defense was simply magical and Farve-esque. He almost single-handedly brought us back to win the game when every stuck-up fan in Cleveland (and probably a lot of Steelers fans) had counted us out. What made it sweeter was seeing the Browns fans and their team slowly watch the game slip away from their fingers. It was simply probably the best comeback I've seen him orchestrate yet, except maybe the Jags game (although we lost that one). Overall, I think that was one of his best games of his whole career.

Runners up:

The first game against the Ratbirds. He demolished their defense for 5 touchdowns in the first half, even without a running game. Revenge is sweet.

The Seahawks. Ben was near perfect that game. I can still remember the drive he kept alive when it seemed like we had received a holding call on every other play. Were the refs to blame that time, biotches?

So what's your favorite?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Your favorite Big Ben game from 2007?

Honestly, I take either of the Jags games. We have learned that no matter how poorly we play, Ben always keeps us in the game. He is a special player that way. I remember being totally stoic on the couch for both Jags games because both games, we were dominated. But Ben led the charge not once, but twice, I believe tying the game in the regular season and going ahead in the postseason meeting. I just shake my head when people bash Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really appreciate those games like Denver and both Jags games where Ben was able to help dig us out of a hole (even if he helped to put us there) and put our team in a position to win. Because of that ability I think everyone of our players feel they are still in the game no matter what the score is...as a fan I know I feel that way.

That said, the demolition of the rats in prime-time had to be his best game and most satisfying for me. Imagine if he was forced to throw in the second half? Granted he was handed a lot of those opportunities in that game, but he made the most of them and was perfect.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The 5 TD in the first half against the Felons game...where Ward was the hitman lol. Bart Scott? BAM. Ed Reed? BAM.

haha, that game was awesome. BB was eluding mofos and dropping TD passes on 'em like it wasn't no thang.

Hurry up and start, season.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    The 5 TD in the first half against the Felons game...where Ward was the hitman lol. Bart Scott? BAM. Ed Reed? BAM.

haha, that game was awesome. BB was eluding mofos and dropping TD passes on 'em like it wasn't no thang.

Hurry up and start, season.
    That whole game was one of the more satisfying in a while, particularly since it was only a year removed from some embarrassing performances against Baltimore in which is o-line appeared to be trying to get Ben killed. For him to come back for 5 TD's in one half was awesome. For Ward to completely blow up both Reed and Scott was awesome. For Harrison to have the most dominating one-man defensive performance that I have ever seen live was awesome. For all of the all-time greats to be there on the sideline for that game was awesome. For it to be on Monday Night Football for the entire nation to see was awesome. For all of that happening which wearing the throwback uniforms was awesome.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gotta agree with everyone about the ratbirds game. How many TD's would Ben
    have thrown if he didn't go down?
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

either the clev or the ravens game. how sweet were those wins? the browns lost with a missed fg to end the game and would of been the first time beating the steelers in a long time and to just pound the ravens so badly was so entertaining however the game that really stands out to me was the game against the seahawks. without ward or holmes he had a pretty much perfect game. even brady would of struggled without moss or welker

Legend

User Info Menu

Rats on MNF football...easy!

Backup

User Info Menu

Coming back to beat the Brownies. I did not want to lose the browns on our home turf.

But the game against the Ravens was awesome, seeing him break the tackle of Trevor Price as if Price was Deion Sanders was a play for the ages. IMO>
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

BigBen2112

The ones we won.

Not so favorite Ben game from 2007?

None.

Not so favorite OL game from 2007

All of them.

We can all go to bed happy now.