Thread: what would Bob Nutting do if he owned the Steelers

Backup

User Info Menu

what would Bob Nutting do if he owned the Steelers

Imagine for 1 second if Bob Nutting bought out the Rooney's and took ownership of the Steelers. Here is a few things to go on.

1) Would trade away his first round drafts picks for 3 future 7 round picks.

2) Or he would select a player in the first round who was graded to be a 4th rounder.

3) His newly drafted players would often hold out for long periods of time because Nutting wouldn't sign them.

Please feel free to pile on.

BigBen2112

Re: what would Bob Nutting do if he owned the Steelers

Well...first he'd attempt to have a luxury tax put in place so that he can steal from other owners.

Then he'd trade Ben b/c he costs too much to Chicago for a pack of smokes and some vodka.

Then he'd have his GM draft SIGNABLE players consistently with the #1 picks, which would be high b/c he'd tank the team, and after 15 years of losing he'd say...WE WANT TO WIN NOW! With his 9th worst team in baseball and not be dedicated to making the changes necessary to actually have his team be a winner.

So yeah we'd suck.--and we do (we meaning the team that he actually owns).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

UHH...HUH-HUH

UHH...HUH-HUH

MSM said NUTTING

Backup

User Info Menu

That would be one of my worst nightmares come true.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I say this with some modicum of inside information (PM if you want specifics) but Nutting is only out to make a profit. He will do what is safest at all forks in the road, and only go down the road of the known, not spend money and venture into what may be. I would seriously consider watching the Steelers less of he owned the team. Any success would leave a small amount of bad taste in my mouth.