Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Druckenmiller gains control of the Steelers......

LasVegasGuy

If Druckenmiller gains control of the Steelers......

does he make a bid for Cowher in 2009? I think Tomlin has his hands full this year and there is a very good possibility that the Steelers could finish below .500 which will probably not sit well with a new owner.

If Druckenmiller is a die hard fan I wonder how he felt when Cowher left? At the time he had to grin and bear it like any other Steeler fan. As an owner he can now call the shots and he has the cash on hand (probably more then any other owner in the league) to bring Cowher back to the burgh.

I can go either way on this topic since I liked the younger Cowher but grew to dislike the older Cowher. Could be a very interesting 2009 for the Steelers.

Buh-Bye

Re: If Druckenmiller gains control of the Steelers......

Why do you think they possibly will finish below .500?

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHeel

Take a look at last year. We beat teams like the Bills, Browns, 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, Seachickens, Rams, Dolphins and lost to the better teams (if you call the Jets and Cardinals better teams ). On the surface we play some pretty good teams this year and the cake walk from last year is over.

Legend

User Info Menu

More likely the Steelers change their colors from Black and Gold than Tomlin not coming back. Just another anti-Tomlin thread.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin's safe...but if I were a billionaire owner, I don't think I would hesitate to want to show Zierlein and Ligashesky the door.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Buh-Bye

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Take a look at last year. We beat teams like the Bills, Browns, 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, Seachickens, Rams, Dolphins and lost to the better teams (if you call the Jets and Cardinals better teams ). On the surface we play some pretty good teams this year and the cake walk from last year is over.
    Yes, but if you look at some of the teams you listed above, some are expected to make the playoffs this year, like the Bills. Here is the deal, no football game is a gimme and no schedule can be decided before the games and the season ends. Looking at the schedule though, I dont see it being as tough as some think. Who knows when who will have an off year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Tomlin's safe...but if I were a billionaire owner, I don't think I would hesitate to want to show Zierlein and Ligashesky the door.
    I would buy a small island for Ligashesky strand him there.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

LasVegasGuy

Yes, but if you look at some of the teams you listed above, some are expected to make the playoffs this year, like the Bills. Here is the deal, no football game is a gimme and no schedule can be decided before the games and the season ends. Looking at the schedule though, I dont see it being as tough as some think. Who knows when who will have an off year?
    That is true but most of the teams we play are competitive year in and year out and I don't expect much fall off from those teams this year. I guess we take a wait and see approach.

Buh-Bye

That is true but most of the teams we play are competitive year in and year out and I don't expect much fall off from those teams this year. I guess we take a wait and see approach.
    True, hopefully it will work in our favor.

I have my reservations on certain teams on our schedule though. I dont think the Giants are all that, yeah, they won the SB, but just dont see them starting any kind of domination. Nor do I see it with Houston, Philly, Washington, or TN.

LasVegasGuy

True, hopefully it will work in our favor.

I have my reservations on certain teams on our schedule though. I dont think the Giants are all that, yeah, they won the SB, but just dont see them starting any kind of domination. Nor do I see it with Houston, Philly, Washington, or TN.
    We need a fast start like 4-0 to build confidence going into the later games against the Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Cowboys. If we falter early lookout it could be a very long year for Steeler Nation.