Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Druckenmiller gains control of the Steelers......

Buh-Bye

Re: If Druckenmiller gains control of the Steelers......

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    We need a fast start like 4-0 to build confidence going into the later games against the Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Cowboys. If we falter early lookout it could be a very long year for Steeler Nation.
    Definitely agree with that. Question for everyone, do you think Dallas is all that? Romo?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We need a fast start like 4-0 to build confidence going into the later games against the Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Cowboys. If we falter early lookout it could be a very long year for Steeler Nation.
    I'm not sure I actually agree with that. The Steelers always seem to lose when they are confident. I'd almost rather they lose their first game and become an underdog the rest of the year... Well with the schedule, theyu're already an underdog for most of the year...

Legend

User Info Menu

I was personally happy when Cowher left...it was time. He had lost the fire. I would have to assume the possible new owner seen the same thing.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    I'm not sure I actually agree with that. The Steelers always seem to lose when they are confident. I'd almost rather they lose their first game and become an underdog the rest of the year... Well with the schedule, theyu're already an underdog for most of the year...

This is true. Ben plays better against better competition. His QB rating per game was higher than Mannings last year in games against teams that finished .500 or better.

Gosh, I'm starting to sound like MSM!!

Backup

User Info Menu

does he make a bid for Cowher in 2009? I think Tomlin has his hands full this year and there is a very good possibility that the Steelers could finish below .500 which will probably not sit well with a new owner.

If Druckenmiller is a die hard fan I wonder how he felt when Cowher left? At the time he had to grin and bear it like any other Steeler fan. As an owner he can now call the shots and he has the cash on hand (probably more then any other owner in the league) to bring Cowher back to the burgh.

I can go either way on this topic since I liked the younger Cowher but grew to dislike the older Cowher. Could be a very interesting 2009 for the Steelers.
    Didn't Cowher's wife tell him she was heading to North Carolina and if he wanted a wife
    he better come? Las vegas guy if it were up to Cowher, Ben would have never been drafted and we would be going on 30 years now without a SB. He was a fine coach ,but you need to give Tomlin a break. We went as far as we were going to go last year.
    We didn't under achieve. Steelers have 3 problems. Little talent on the offensive line. No depth on the Defensive line. And over all lack of depth that has contributed to three straight years of poor special teams play. Blame Colbert.

Legend

User Info Menu

To answer the original post: No. Tomlin will be back.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    does he make a bid for Cowher in 2009? I think Tomlin has his hands full this year and there is a very good possibility that the Steelers could finish below .500 which will probably not sit well with a new owner.

If Druckenmiller is a die hard fan I wonder how he felt when Cowher left? At the time he had to grin and bear it like any other Steeler fan. As an owner he can now call the shots and he has the cash on hand (probably more then any other owner in the league) to bring Cowher back to the burgh.

I can go either way on this topic since I liked the younger Cowher but grew to dislike the older Cowher. Could be a very interesting 2009 for the Steelers.
    Didn't Cowher's wife tell him she was heading to North Carolina and if he wanted a wife
    he better come? Las vegas guy if it were up to Cowher, Ben would have never been drafted and we would be going on 30 years now without a SB. He was a fine coach ,but you need to give Tomlin a break. We went as far as we were going to go last year.
    We didn't under achieve. Steelers have 3 problems. Little talent on the offensive line. No depth on the Defensive line. And over all lack of depth that has contributed to three straight years of poor special teams play. Blame Colbert.

Who had the last say on the Roethlisberger pick? First, you slam Cowher for not wanting to draft Ben then you slam Colbert for drafting poorly. Someone pulled the trigger on Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies

Who had the last say on the Roethlisberger pick? First, you slam Cowher for not wanting to draft Ben then you slam Colbert for drafting poorly. Someone pulled the trigger on Ben.
    I thought one of the Rooneys pulled the trigger on Ben.

LasVegasGuy

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":r4u8nzup

I thought one of the Rooneys pulled the trigger on Ben.[/quote:r4u8nzup]

Really? I never saw the Rooneys as being the type of owners to override the Coach and General Manager. That is almost Jerry Jones like. If it's true kudos to them.

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=LasVegasGuy]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":2t98zaur

I thought one of the Rooneys pulled the trigger on Ben.
    Really? I never saw the Rooneys as being the type of owners to override the Coach and General Manager. That is almost Jerry Jones like. If it's true kudos to them.[/quote:2t98zaur]

Yes , its true Las Vegas guy. In fact you can read it from Rooney's mouth in his
    own words. Colbers and Cowher and the scouts had all settled on a Left Tackle from Arkansas, and Rooney said he went in their and told them to take Ben becuase he said he would never pass up a bigtime QB again like he did with Marino. He said it was his biggest Blunder in all of his years with Personel.