Thread: Break out players

steeld95

Break out players

Here is a list of Prisco's break out players for this year...

[url="http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10882613"]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10882613[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Break out players

Love these two:

8. LaMarr Woodley, OLB, Pittsburgh Steelers: As a rookie in 2007, Woodley didn't start any games but still had four sacks. Late in the season he started showing off his pass-rush ability. With Clark Haggans gone to Arizona, Woodley will start and don't be shocked to see a 12-sack season.

18. Santonio Holmes, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers: He had 52 catches last season, his second with the team, but watch out in 2008. This could be his Pro Bowl year. It's certainly going to be the season he takes over as the No. 1 guy for Hines Ward.

If Woodley has a 12 sack season watch out
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I might be in the minority here (Among Bengal Fans), but I'm still not sold on Stacey Andrews yet. He's developed very nicely but still doesn't open up holes in the running game as much as he should.

Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing the holes that Bobbie Williams and Willie Anderson have been opening up on the right side of the line the last several years.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong this season...

BIG FAN

I expect Holmes to get considerably more single coverage than ever considering it's looking like everyone but FWP is a pass catching threat. Our new additions have changed the complexion of our offense so much that opposing defenses wont be able to cover everybody. Holmes improved beyond the curve last year, especially with his blocking, running routes. I also have been touting this season as his year to shine.

Agree as well about Woodley, I think after a year of learning and thriving in a complicated defense such as ours we see a beast unleashed.

steeld95

I was actually hoping Woodley would not be on this list. I figured we know what kind of talent he is and what he is capable of doing, but didn't realize everyone else did as well. I thought he might surprise a few of our opponenents...guess not...regardless, i am hoping he takes the reins of being a vocal leader...like Lloyd and Porter

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I might be in the minority here (Among Bengal Fans), but I'm still not sold on Stacey Andrews yet. He's developed very nicely but still doesn't open up holes in the running game as much as he should.

Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing the holes that Bobbie Williams and Willie Anderson have been opening up on the right side of the line the last several years.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong this season...
    Hopefully he won't prove you wrong
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anybody see this reply? It's about Santonio, btw.

July 9, 2008 2:39 pm
    Score: 92
    Sign-up to rate:

* Sign-up to rate:

* Sign-up to rate:

I like the pick, but its too bad this guy doesn't have a QB like Carson Palmer or Derek Anderson throwing to him.

I think that, unfortunately for him, as long as Whines Ward is playing along side of him and Ben Roethlisberger is "cemented" to the ground, we will never get to see this guys true capabilities and the actuall unrivaled talent that he has
    Cemented to the ground? If last year cemented anything, it was that BB is one of the most elusive as well as dangerous QBs out there on the move. Does this douche even watch any games before spouting off? Man, I hate people.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey!

[url="http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1093"]viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1093[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

chad jackson is a bum and will never amount to anything in the nfl. thank god the steelers drafted holmes, wr's from florida always suck. who is the best wr ever from florida? id have to say ike hilliard and thats pretty sad. steve smith also sucks, he looked awful last year. worse hands then nate washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    chad jackson is a bum and will never amount to anything in the nfl. thank god the steelers drafted holmes, wr's from florida always suck. who is the best wr ever from florida? id have to say ike hilliard and thats pretty sad. steve smith also sucks, he looked awful last year. worse hands then nate washington
    Chris Collinsworth, which gives me some hope for Andre Caldwell...