Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
Anytime ownership switches hands...it should concern fans. You don't think he would consider moving the team to a bigger market? I do. The Rooneys are a known commodity...this guy is not. This should be concerning to all of us.

There are only about three markets without an NFL franchise that are bigger than
Pittsburgh's market.

1) Los Angeles - We all know how well football works in L.A.
2) Orlando - Whose territory is this anyway? Dolphins? Jaguars? Bucs?
3) Sacramento - Seems like that would be 9r's country.

With that said, I couldn't fathom anybody moving the Steelers out of Pittsburgh,
but, there's always the possibility with new ownership. The sky is not falling, but
nevertheless, I don't like change.
2) Orlando - Whose territory is this anyway? Dolphins? Jaguars? Bucs?
The NFL has tried to make Orlando Jaguar country and has failed mserably. Jacksonville isn't even really Jag country. The most predominant NFL colors in the Orlando area are Black and Gold. You see more fans wearing Steelers gear or Steelers logos on cars than any other team.

Problems with the three cities you mention:

1. LA is a college football town. The NFL will always be #2 to USC. The Raiders found that out.
2. Orlando futher splits Florida when support for the Jags and Bucs is already lukewarm. The Jags are clearly the most likely NFL team to move in the future. Fan support is about 6" deep. There were more Steelers fans at their stadium last time the Steelers played there than Jags fans.
3. Sacremento would be stepping on both 49ers and Raiders. No way that happens.

Las Vegas? No way. The whole reason we are having this discussion is because of the NFL's needless parnoia over gambling whether sports based or not.
Vegas would be cool for me but will never happen. I don't see a professional sports team of any kind surviving in this city.