Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Possible new owner?

BigBen2112

Re: Possible new owner?

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Is this article for real????And where is it from???The Trib...........never heard of it!!!
    Excellent!
    What's it called?
    What are you talking about???

As long as Doyle isn't coming here I'll post here.

Legend

1) He's not going to move the team. That would be a serious financial mistake.

2) The fact that he has money outside of football (like other owners) is a good thing.

3) Tomlin is a fine coach and will be with the Steelers for many years.

Is this article for real????And where is it from???The Trib...........never heard of it!!!
    Excellent!
    What's it called?
    What are you talking about???

As long as Doyle isn't coming here I'll post here.
    Uh-oh!!!What happened between you and Doyle??

BigBen2112

Uh-oh!!!What happened between you and Doyle??
    Nothing...Doyle's problem is with himself.

Hall of Famer

Our team/organization has been fortunate to experience a quality ownership by a family that has kept it true.... Any change concerns me greatly. I can only imagine that "quality" would decrease within the "mohogany offices", and compromise what we have grown to love. .... I do not like this....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Our team/organization has been fortunate to experience a quality ownership by a family that has kept it true.... Any change concerns me greatly. I can only imagine that "quality" would decrease within the "mohogany offices", and compromise what we have grown to love. .... I do not like this....
    Why would quality decrease? This guy has money outside of football...that means he can spend on things that don't fall under the salary cap. Things the Rooneys may have been reluctant to spend money on!

The deal between the Steelers and the stadium authority almost guarantees that the Steelers will be in Pittsburgh into the foreseeable future. A successful business man didn't get that way by pissing away money and that's what he'd be doing by breaking the lease with the stadium authority.

Assuming the worst with this guy is a lot of Chicken Little thinking and the deal isn't done yet. It sounds like Dan and Art II can't afford to buy out "all of the brothers, what if they can talk 2 of them into selling for 160 million per that is being bandied around? That gives Dan 48% ownership and enough I believe to still be considered the majority owner.

There's a lot that has to be played out in this story and it's just beginning I believe.

SMG, you have my permission to sleep easy, the Steelers aren't going anywhere. :P

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Why would quality decrease? This guy has money outside of football...that means he can spend on things that don't fall under the salary cap. Things the Rooneys may have been reluctant to spend money on!
    ... Yes, the Rooneys have been reluctant to spend money at times.... Look what it has gotten them. One of the teams in the league with one of the best winning records over recent years %-wise.... Do you want a "Dan Snyder-type" owner?.... I don't... I like the quality product that the Rooneys' provide... There's a helluva lot more to it than money. And THAT'S what concerns me....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    ... Yes, the Rooneys have been reluctant to spend money at times.... Look what it has gotten them. One of the teams in the league with one of the best winning records over recent years %-wise.... Do you want a "Dan Snyder-type" owner?.... I don't... I like the quality product that the Rooneys' provide... There's a helluva lot more to it than money. And THAT'S what concerns me....
    Of course I don't want a Dan/Jerry type owner and this guy has not given any indication that he is that type of person. My point about him having money outside of football means he can spend on non-salary cap expenses.

This guy is a smart businessman and he knows what he'd have in the Steelers. He didn't get where he is today by making serious business blunders. Messing with the organization would be a serious business blunder. Rest easy my friend...everything will be fine.

Any money the Rooneys have been unwilling to spend seems to be wise moves. I can't think of one thing they could have spent money on and didn't...that would have made this team better.