Thread: Kelly Holcomb Retires

Uncle Rico

Kelly Holcomb Retires

[url="http://thedaveburbarevolution.blogspot.com/"]http://thedaveburbarevolution.blogspot.com/[/url]

My favorite quote:

"Holcomb will forever represent a strange era of Cleveland Browns football. An argument could be made that he was the one player who took the Browns from an "expansion team" and transformed them into "one of the NFL's premiere mediocre teams."

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Kelly Holcomb Retires

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned
    http://thedaveburbarevolution.blogspot.com/

My favorite quote:

"Holcomb will forever represent a strange era of Cleveland Browns football. An argument could be made that he was the one player who took the Browns from an "expansion team" and transformed them into "one of the NFL's premiere mediocre teams."

ROTFLMAO!!!!
    And now Anderson and Quinn get to usher in yet another era of Browns mediocrity!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wanted to end this post with a music tribute to Kelly Holcomb but I just couldn't find the appropriate tune. Apparently no one has ever recorded a song entitled, "Thanks Kelly Holcomb, You Kind of Made the Browns Good for About a Year and a Half and Had Two or Three Totally Awesome Games but Then Jeff Garcia Came to Town and You Left."

Oddly enough, Nickelback does have a B-Side track called "Thanks Kelly Holcomb, You Kind of Made the Browns Good for About a Year and a Half and Andre King Really Should Have Gotten Out of Bounds On that Last Play in the 2002 Playoff Game Against Pittsburgh." However, I gave it a listen and it totally sucked.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How will the NFL ever cope with this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and the hall of fame class of 2013 keeps getting bigger and bigger
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

BIG FAN

Legend

User Info Menu

Speaking of mediocre QB's retiring...

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3480985[/url]

Dilfer, quarterback on Ravens' Super Bowl team, plans to retire soon

Associated Press

Updated: July 9, 2008, 10:12 PM ET

STATELINE, Nev. -- Quarterback Trent Dilfer, who played the last of his 13 NFL seasons with the San Francisco 49ers last year, said Wednesday he'll make a formal announcement in the coming days that he is retiring from football.

Dilfer, who won a Super Bowl with the Baltimore Ravens, said a recent injury to his Achilles' tendon helped make up his mind.

"I was going to retire anyway. This just gives clarity to the situation," he said during a news conference for American Century Celebrity Golf Championship that begins Friday at Lake Tahoe.

The 36-year-old Dilfer said he's been considering some different options post-football but declined to elaborate.

"I think in the next few days there will be a formal announcement on all those things," he said. "I think everybody I've talked to says [camaraderie is] the hardest thing to get away from, just the locker room, just being around the guys each day, the routine of the season. But I knew this time was coming, and here it is."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
    Dilfer was the only quarterback in Ravens history that was good enough to even be called mediocre. And they let him go right after he didn't screw up their only Super Bowl season in favor of several other crappier QB's since then. We look forward to Kyle Boller, Troy Smith, and Joe Flacco crapping it up even more this year!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Bengaltime

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned
    http://thedaveburbarevolution.blogspot.com/

My favorite quote:

ROTFLMAO!!!!
    And now Anderson and Quinn get to usher in yet another era of Browns mediocrity!
    Poor Brownies! :P