Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travis Henry pop positive for marijuana

BigBen2112

Travis Henry pop positive for marijuana

Sources: Ex-Bronco Henry tests positive for marijuana

By Bill Williamson
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)

A source close to free-agent running back Travis Henry has confirmed he has tested positive for marijuana again and is subject to a one-year suspension by the NFL.

The source said Henry will soon start serving the year suspension. An NFL spokesman said today that the league has no comment on Henry's status. Henry, 29, was released by the Denver Broncos on June 2, and a Broncos' source said Friday that the team did not know about Henry's positive test when he was released.

Henry was cut because he stopped showing up to work this spring while he was recovering from a nagging hamstring injury. A source close to Henry said Henry was informed of the positive test in May and the Broncos were not aware of it.

Last October Henry was suspended by the NFL for one year after a positive marijuana test. However, he won an appeal eight weeks later, overturning that suspension.

Because of this pending suspension, there is a strong likelihood Henry's career could be over because of his repeated issues and his advanced age for a running back. Henry, who previously played for Buffalo and Tennessee, signed a five-year, $22 million contract with Denver in the spring of 2007.

It appeared to be a good fit because Henry seemed custom-made for Denver's zone-blocking running scheme. After the first four games of last season, it was a perfect match as Henry was leading the NFL in rushing. But because of his off-field issues and nagging knee injuries, Henry's one season in Denver ended as a disaster.

In February, Henry took a drastic pay cut down to $1 million this season so he could stay with the Broncos. But the team's frustration with him this spring led to the Broncos cutting him.

Henry has 6,086 rushing yards and 38 rushing touchdowns in seven NFL seasons.

Bill Williamson covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
    [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3483877[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Travis Henry pop positive for marijuana

Dip Sh!t.

Backup

User Info Menu

It better have been some really good bud....since it appears he will not have any NFL income for a year. He is going to have to get a real job, to pay his numerous child support payments.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let's see....

OR

..... what a dumbazz.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    ..... what a dumbazz.
    Agreed, he might have to start selling.

to make

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

..... what a dumbazz.
    Isn't "Henry" and "dumbazz" in the same sentance a double-negative?!.............

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    ..... what a dumbazz.
    Isn't "Henry" and "dumbazz" in the same sentance a double-negative?!.............

Damn, I dropped my beer on that one!

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    ..... what a dumbazz.

That would make two of us.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    ..... what a dumbazz.

That would make two of us.
    Yeah it was almost so funny that it ALMOST made Henry drop his weed....but NAH

So somehow money now equals (or has equalled for some time and I have chosen to miss it) stupidity? You have everything...and nothing. Wow.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Yeah it was almost so funny that it ALMOST made Henry drop his weed....but NAH

So somehow money now equals (or has equalled for some time and I have chosen to miss it) stupidity? You have everything...and nothing. Wow.
    Yes, money equals stupidity if you use it to buy drugs and jeopardize your career where you make the money...

...So yes, "Henry" and "dumbazz" are a double negative together...