Mike Merriweather
    Walter Abercrombie
    Harvey "The Original Toast" Clayton
    Walter Brister
    Dwayne Washington
    Mark Malone
    Tim Worley
    Aaron Jones
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Legend

Re: top ten most hated steelers of all time

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    i totally agree with you SMG, he-who-shall-not-be-named is my most hated...watching him throw those INT's still make me nauseous.

Isn't there still a big controversy about at least one of those INT's being the fault of the WR?
    Yes. Most people who understand football realize the WR didn't break off his route.
    I'm glad there are some reasonable people in here. I agree that it is crazy how the hatred for NOD has grown considering what he did in his short time in Pittsburgh. It's disappointing
    Yeah, I don't understand the conspiracy theorists that say O'Donnell was trying to throw the game. That's just ridiculous. The plays were certainly unfortunate, whether the WR cut the wrong way or the QB just made a poor decision or whatever. I would argue that Ben's INT in the red zone in SBXL was a worse throw than either of the O'Donnell INT's in SBXXX, but no one has ever claimed that Ben was trying to throw SBXL, because that is just ridiculous too.
    But what if we had lost?

BIG FAN

I'm not a very good hater.
    However I still have this great distate whenever I read something that has something written with these catch words.
    1. NOD.
    2. Nodded off.

Funny how these words remind me everytime of how you can be so good and then screw up so bad, but's it's o.k. if the jets give you a lot of money.

Pro Bowler

My "Most Hated" list?...

1) Neil O'Donnell - Came up small when it counted & wanted to go to NY when he had talent here.
    2) Kent Graham - I was embarrassed to have him on the team.
    3) Cedric Wilson - A bitchy, whiny player who never lived up to his contract.
    4) Barrett Brooks - A human turnstile...Cowher kept this POS around instead of developing young talent.
    5) Duce Staley - Hated the signing from the get go & hated seeing him taking up space.
    6) Bubby Brister - Has there been a mouthier player who has accomplished so little?
    7) Walter Abercrombie - He just epitomized the lackluster teams of the 80's...especially considering who we could've had.
    Plaxico Burress - Had an attitude despite never living up to his billing.
    9) Chukky Okobi - Never got the support for him despite all evidence to the contrary.
    10) Jason Gildon - Never seemed to play big when we needed.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    i totally agree with you SMG, he-who-shall-not-be-named is my most hated...watching him throw those INT's still make me nauseous.

Isn't there still a big controversy about at least one of those INT's being the fault of the WR?
    Yes. Most people who understand football realize the WR didn't break off his route.
    I'm glad there are some reasonable people in here. I agree that it is crazy how the hatred for NOD has grown considering what he did in his short time in Pittsburgh. It's disappointing
    Yeah, I don't understand the conspiracy theorists that say O'Donnell was trying to throw the game. That's just ridiculous. The plays were certainly unfortunate, whether the WR cut the wrong way or the QB just made a poor decision or whatever. I would argue that Ben's INT in the red zone in SBXL was a worse throw than either of the O'Donnell INT's in SBXXX, but no one has ever claimed that Ben was trying to throw SBXL, because that is just ridiculous too.
    Were the Steelers doing something new in the SB? In all of NODs passes over several years I had never seen one INT like the two thrown in the SB. It was odd. Either way you slice it...he came up short when it mattered most. He will always be loathed in the Burgh.

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    Any d*ck who wore the Crap Color and Orange before the Black and Gold, with the exception of Tomczak (for an insurance policy, the Steelers could have done worse). Quincy Morgan was the most recent goof from this category. And, perhaps, the Steelers take a flier on Bentley. But most teams will be apprehensive after a two year, injury forced sabbatical.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but that's the list for now.
    Regarding Bentley, he never put on that jersey in an actual game. He signed a big contract, then was injured in his first practice with the team. It is like his body felt the bad karma of even having their practice jersey on, and it instinctively failed him so he would never have to don those colors ever again. When he became healthy enough to rejoin the team, he asked for his outright release. Smart fella.
    Bentley was drawing a paycheck from the Clowns, but never suited up for an actual regular season game, much like Chris Spielman. I'd forgotten about that, RB, so thanks for the reminder. I guess that absolves him from ever being a Clown, much as it would have in the case of Spielman.

Funny that Bentley and Spielman are both Buckeyes and both signed with the "hometown team" (In Spielman's case, I would dispute that out of hand, since Canton/Massillon is middle ground for the Steelers/Clowns rivalry much like Youngstown is). But both pulled up lame in training camp and were never officially Clowns.

I guess I'm now OK with the Steelers taking that flier on Bentley after all.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!