Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: top ten most hated steelers of all time

Re: top ten most hated steelers of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    One thing I will always remember about that Super Bowl is how scared O'Donnell looked.
    He should have been more scared of the Steeler fans after those 2 picks.

Starter

1. Without a doubt. Chad Scott. That guy killed me. When he gave us a first down against the Pats when he was their CB, i thought it was poetic freaking justice... It only had to happen about 500 more times to pay us back.

2. through 5. That god awful string of offensive coordinators we had. Joe Walton, Mike Mularkey, etc. They might not have all been consecutive, and I can't remember most of them, but they sucked.... Although, my favorite all time sign was seen during that time period: "Hey J_E, where's the O?"

6. Kris Brown. The fool couldn't make a kick in the open end of Heinz Field as a Steeler, but he comes back as a Texan and does it?

7. Post slash Kordell. I was a believer for a long time... but how many throws into triple coverage can a man take?

8. Plax... just the fact that he had all the talent in the world and didn't even really try for the black and gold.

9. That WR out of Georgia who was a 2nd round pick, and didnt even make it out of camp? What was that cats name? Fred Gibson or something? What a waste of a pick...

10. This is a love/hate: Dwight Stone... Was there ever a faster guy w/ worse hands?

I know i kinda cheated w/ the 2 through 5 bit, but that's my list.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    9. That WR out of Georgia who was a 2nd round pick, and didnt even make it out of camp? What was that cats name? Fred Gibson or something? What a waste of a pick...
    WR Fred Gibson was a 4th round pick. His Georgia WR teammate, Reggie Brown, was a 2nd round pick of the Eagles that same year. There have definitely been worse draft picks out there than Gibson, though. Richardson? Stevens? Edwards? Colclough? By the way, we also had another 4th round WR before that who never made it out of camp just like Gibson...UCLA's Danny Farmer.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    WR Fred Gibson was a 4th round pick. His Georgia WR teammate, Reggie Brown, was a 2nd round pick of the Eagles that same year. There have definitely been worse draft picks out there than Gibson, though. Richardson? Stevens? Edwards? Colclough?
    Ahhh my bad. I dunno why I hate him so much then... oh well...

Perhaps I was really hoping for another Hines Ward <shrug>. And at least all those other guys made it out of camp (or did they not?)

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    WR Fred Gibson was a 4th round pick. His Georgia WR teammate, Reggie Brown, was a 2nd round pick of the Eagles that same year. There have definitely been worse draft picks out there than Gibson, though. Richardson? Stevens? Edwards? Colclough?
    Ahhh my bad. I dunno why I hate him so much then... oh well...

Perhaps I was really hoping for another Hines Ward <shrug>. And at least all those other guys made it out of camp (or did they not?)
    Richardson made it out of camp, but in less than a year after he was drafted, they traded this 1st round pick (15th overall) for a 7th round pick. He never recorded even a single tackle in the NFL. Ouch.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    No Neil O'Donnell???

He is #1-10 on my list.

If I ever met him I would karate chop his knee caps.

he is number 3 on my list. i would be suprised if he wasnt on everyone's list
    he's not anywhere near my top 10 list.

he might be if that last turnover was actually his fault.

In fact, I'm more upset with the fans for his leaving... I suspect he would have taken less to stay if the city didn't blame him for something that wasn't this fault.
    I know it's the unpopular opinion, but I'm with you on this one. NoD wouldn't make a top ten most hated Steelers list for me.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    No Neil O'Donnell???

He is #1-10 on my list.

In fact, I'm more upset with the fans for his leaving... I suspect he would have taken less to stay if the city didn't blame him for something that wasn't this fault.
    I know it's the unpopular opinion, but I'm with you on this one. NoD wouldn't make a top ten most hated Steelers list for me.
    what about a 'Top 15'...'Top 20'? Would you wear a NOD jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    Would you wear a NOD jersey?
    Sure...provided that you remove the "O'Donnell" nameplate and replace it with "Sweed"

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    No Neil O'Donnell???

He is #1-10 on my list.

what about a 'Top 15'...'Top 20'? Would you wear a NOD jersey?
    Honestly, after that SB, I was more upset at the fan base. And I wouldn't wear a NOD jersey because of all the hatred for him... but, I don't have a problem with the guy. If it wasn't for all the SMGs that I know I'd run into, I'd wear one.

Seriously, if he got paid the throw the game, he never woulda brought them back. He could have simply made it unattainable very early and everyone would have believed it... it was the mighty cowboys and the tripletts... the fact that they came back means SMGs story is a fable...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Legend

I don't do offensive jerseys...just look at my username! :P

As for NoD, he doesn't make any hated list for me no matter how far you go. It will always be my opinion that the first pick was his fault and the second wasn't.

Not to mention Jim Gray tried to get him to admit after the game that the WR ran the wrong route and Neil had the class to say, "We win as a team and we lose as a team." What do you think Manning would have said?