Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
Doesn't really suprise me.

He had wins, not gaudy stats.....
Stop it, MJG... Common sense isn't allowed in this thread.
Check my reply to MJG. Ben's stats are comparable to Marino's.
The ints are close (Ben's are slightly worse) and the rating is similar (Ben's is slightly better), but, the TDs are significantly different. That's why Marino should be ahead of Ben... and if he's #9, Ben is behind him... and best case, #10.

A better look at the TD numbers.

Marino had more TDs in 4 fewer games.... Nearly a TD per game more.

20 in 9 games... that's over 2.2 per game...
17 in 13 games... 1.3 per game.

That's not comparable, at all. One guy was on pace for 35.5 over a 16 game season. That's a pro bowl pace. The other was on pace for 20.8. That's average.
But you're only looking at one stat. BTW, the stats I selected to compare were the ones that Total Acess displayed when they announced Marino at #9. Just so you know I didn't come up with them.

So if I choose to compare only the wins/losses stat, Ben comes out way ahead. Not saying we should do this. Just saying you can't pick one stat (td's in your case) to make a comparison.
Correction, I'm looking at all the stats that you presented... which are all even, except one. That one is what puts one guy over the other.

Even passing yards are fairly close. Statistically (minus TDs) those two had similar seasons.

And, seriously... you can't use wins and losses as a "QB" stat... there's 21 other starters (and some special teams guys) who also might have some say as to whether a team wins or loses.