Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, can anyone explain this too me?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ok, can anyone explain this too me?

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Brady had a perfect passer rating when 2 WR's were in the game!?!?
    i dont think that means much of anything. how often were they in a 2 wr set? id bet less than 15 % of the time
    I would say about as often as you guys use 5 wide sets...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    i dont think that means much of anything. how often were they in a 2 wr set? id bet less than 15 % of the time
    I would say about as often as you guys use 5 wide sets...

yea that sounds about right. what team would use 5 wr sets with nate washington and ced wilson as their number 3 and 4 wr

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, their top 2 WR's were Moss and Welker. When Donte "Nicco" Stallworth came into the game as a 3rd WR, Brady's passer rating dropped significantly. I'm glad the Browns are counting on this alien-possessed wideout as a starter.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    It's pretty hard to run out of a shotgun 5 receiver set.

Yes we could be a high octane passing offense all of the time, but if the defense knows this, they will eventually find a way to stop it.

You can blame Arians, but we do have a pretty good ground game, and it eats the clock. Coaches need to mix it up. If they don't most teams will solve your puzzle rather quickly. BTW, I don't count any of Brady's* stats, because he is a cheater. It's easier to complete passes if you know what the defense is doing before the play.

I agree Arians should go no huddle shotgun 4 and 5 receiver sets more often, but we still have to grind it to win, IMO.
    That's why you splash the pot with it sporatically. It doesn't become the mainstay of your O but seeing it...no huddle 4-5 wide should be in the game plan 2-3 times a game.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

That's why you splash the pot with it sporatically. It doesn't become the mainstay of your O but seeing it...no huddle 4-5 wide should be in the game plan 2-3 times a game.

You guys should be using more 4 and 5 wide sets. Especially considering the lack of CB depth that our division has. The Ravens backups are garbage, Clevelend is looking even worse now after losing bodden and another corner for the season to an injury...

Legend

User Info Menu

And let me add something here. I have been saying this for awhile now. A good O IMO should/can show all sorts of looks...3TE sets....dual back shotgun sets, 5 wide, Tall Wr sets etc and so on. When you can do all this well...you can exploit EVERY teams weakness instead of just being able to handle 80% of the teams. If I were coaching...I would want my team to be as versatile as possible. This assures your team that you can game plan around any teams weakness.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys should be using more 4 and 5 wide sets. Especially considering the lack of CB depth that our division has. The Ravens backups are garbage, Clevelend is looking even worse now after losing bodden and another corner for the season to an injury...
    Exactly...our division weakness revolves around poor secondarys...why on this green earth wouldn't you exploit that with Ben and our WR crew?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Exactly...our division weakness revolves around poor secondarys...why on this green earth wouldn't you exploit that with Ben and our WR crew?
    Because that's not Steelers football.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

PS: I could be wrong but I believe the 6.25 is a number set to give statistical significance to the passer rating. I don't believe MSM set that number himself.
    I also get the impression that this is "total passes".

I can't imagine that Ben averaged over 6.25 passes per game in each of those formations....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

And let me add something here. I have been saying this for awhile now. A good O IMO should/can show all sorts of looks...3TE sets....dual back shotgun sets, 5 wide, Tall Wr sets etc and so on. When you can do all this well...you can exploit EVERY teams weakness instead of just being able to handle 80% of the teams. If I were coaching...I would want my team to be as versatile as possible. This assures your team that you can game plan around any teams weakness.
    If you try to be too versatile and always game plan around another team's weakness you run the risk of not doing those that your team does best (whatever that may be). I'm a supporter of versatility, but, only to the degree that the players' skills allow. I think in a few games last year the Steelers tried exploiting a weakness on the other team, the problem was, the Steelers didn't really have the personnel to do this.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount