Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Also if it's because of the bike then why did he throw 9 interceptions in the 2nd half of the season? 12 INT's since November. This isn't golf we're talking about you don't get any mulligans. If he wasn't healthy by November then why the heck did he return to play in September?
    Could it have been the apendectomy, or concussion?.... He wasn't ready physically to play that season... It started bad and ended bad. ... It is what it is. Sound familiar?

...He returned because he is a fighter. That, and the coaching staff allowed it (which was wrong IMO).
    Sorry NKy but all QB's have injuries and Ben is NOT the first QB in the NFL to suffer a concussion...

Legend

User Info Menu

Also if it's because of the bike then why did he throw 9 interceptions in the 2nd half of the season? 12 INT's since November. This isn't golf we're talking about you don't get any mulligans. If he wasn't healthy by November then why the heck did he return to play in September?
    Could it have been the apendectomy, or concussion?.... He wasn't ready physically to play that season... It started bad and ended bad. ... It is what it is. Sound familiar?

...He returned because he is a fighter. That, and the coaching staff allowed it (which was wrong IMO).
    Sorry NKy but all QB's have injuries and Ben is NOT the first QB in the NFL to suffer a concussion...
    A concussion on top of everything else chief.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Now you're just becoming annoying in your attempt to over simplify things.
    Ben obviously was not 100% in 2006 but insisted on playing. As the season wore on he took a beating. So he was less than 100% at the start of the season...and went downhill from there. But like a true competitor he kept fighting.

I seem to recall that season having a pretty good ending though.
    I'm in a one against 4 debate here, cut me some slack.

You try keeping up with MSM's endless statistics...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Now you're just becoming annoying in your attempt to over simplify things.
    Ben obviously was not 100% in 2006 but insisted on playing. As the season wore on he took a beating. So he was less than 100% at the start of the season...and went downhill from there. But like a true competitor he kept fighting.

I seem to recall that season having a pretty good ending though.
    I'm in a one against 4 debate here, cut me some slack.

You try keeping up with MSM's endless statistics...
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

When the game is close or we're behind Carson steps up.
    I have debated this prior with you.... Carson does not produce when it counts. Blame it on the squad around him if you wish, but he doesn't get it done. Actually, he fumbles alot when under pressure to do good. ... Yes, you can quote a few games in which he did well, but on average, he does not... Again, maybe due to his surrounding cast... But Ben does, again to the surrounding cast. But that is what matters in the end.

You can debate facts and stats with Msm till you're both blue in the face, and it will go nowhere because he'll just keep 'em coming.... I simply look at production and final result, however it is done.... Carson falters. Period.
    Just for you NKy:

[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1144&p=11637#p11637"]viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1144&p=11637#p11637[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    Does Palmer ever get a lead? Bens interception rate is blown up because of the Bike season. Get over it. That wasn't the norm. Ben puts away the game in the first half .And If need be, he will play well in the 4th QTR. He has the most 4th QTR comebacks of any QB last 4 years. 3rd down my man, Palmer can't move the chains. Its all about moving the chains. Palmer kills his defence because he doesn't play well on third down. Did you even watch your games last year? I posted writeups from the associated press.. Carson Palmer doesn't know how to win. and no has had a better more dynamic set of receivers over the past 4 years than Palmer. How would he like Cedric Wilson and Nate Washington?
    Excuses. You don't see me making excuses for Carson's offseason knee surgery do you?

Batch already proved he can win games with your team. If Ben was that messed up then why didn't he take more time to rehab instead of making the whole team suffer?
    WEEK 9 AGAINST RAVENS

ROETHLISBERGER 13 completions for 209 YARDS passing
    STEELERS RUSHING = 2.3 YARDS PER CARRY

WEEK 17 AGAINST RAVENS

CHARLIE BATCH 16 completions 216 YARDS
    STEELERS RUSHING = 2.4 YARDS PER CARRY

ok, Jon here we go. TIme to learn a lesson on how to not be a square.

If you take a look at the above stats, (which is what you always look at, you know passing yards , passing yards, MY God its allabout the Passing yards with Jon) You would think that Batch/ben what makes a difference? Now take a look at the following information and you should be able to see why Passing yards means very little.

Ben = only had 16 passing attempts against ravens
    Batch = had 31 pass attempts

Ben = averaged 13 yards per pass attempt
    Batch = 6.9 yards per pass attempt

Ben = Threw 5 TD's passes n the first half
    Batch = Steelers punted the ball 8 out out their first 9 drives.

Steelers 0 7 0 14 21
    Ravens 10 10 7 0 27

Even more disturbing is that it appears that the Steelers offense didn't get moving until
    the Ravens went into Prevent defense in the 4th QTR. Therefore the Passing yards of Batch are even more meaningless when you factor when he obtained them.

1st half passer rating against Ravens

Ben = 158.3
    Batch = 17.6

Do you know understand why I am having a hard time taking you serious when you keep insisting to talk about Passing yards?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

WEEK 9 AGAINST RAVENS

WEEK 17 AGAINST RAVENS

I'm trying not to argue in the "Steeler Talk" section anymore, this if your board and I'm happy to be here so I'll try and abide by the rules. But I'll address this post because of the ridiculousness of it.

1. I never stated that Batch was better than Ben. I just stated that he proved he can win games for you. A healthy Batch is better than an injuried Ben wouldn't you agree?

2. Are you seriously comparing a week 17 game? The same game where the Steelers rested a lot of starters such as Hines Ward and Marvel Smith? You don't think your best Offensive Tackle is needed against a pass rush like the Ravens?

3. Who is this Jon fellow you keep referring to...

Backup

User Info Menu

WEEK 9 AGAINST RAVENS

WEEK 17 AGAINST RAVENS

I'm trying not to argue in the "Steeler Talk" section anymore, this if your board and I'm happy to be here so I'll try and abide by the rules. But I'll address this post because of the ridiculousness of it.

1. I never stated that Batch was better than Ben. I just stated that he proved he can win games for you. A healthy Batch is better than an injuried Ben wouldn't you agree?

2. Are you seriously comparing a week 17 game? The same game where the Steelers rested a lot of starters such as Hines Ward and Marvel Smith? You don't think your best Offensive Tackle is needed against a pass rush like the Ravens?

jon, jom whatever your name is. Ravens had injuries all over the place in week 17.

Charlie Batch didn't take 1 sack in week 17.

Next.

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=Jom112]
    TEAMS THAT AVERAGED FEWER YARDS PER PASS IN 2007 , THAN PREVIOUS

YEAR (2006) , INCLUDED IS RECORD PERFORMANCE FOR 2007 (+)

REPRESENTS WON MORE GAMES. (-) REPRESENTS LOST MORE GAMES.

(A breakdown of stats is provided at the end)

alex smith (49ers)

2007 = 5.2
    2006 = 6.5

-1.3 differential -2 games
    Frank Gore was hurt and ran for 500 yards less. That I would argue was the bigger reason for the -2 games. Alex Smith stinks regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":3bc8iwq0
    Drew Brees (saints)

2007 = 6.8
    2006 = 8.0

-1.2 differential -3 games
    Again Duece McCallister was hurt almost the whole season. Bush couldn't do squat.

s mcnair (ravens)

2007 = 5.4
    2006 = 6.5

-1.1 differential -8 games
    Again Steve McNair was hurt and only played in 6 games. Of course the team will do worse with Kyle "Garbage" Boller and Troy Smith

Bulger (rams)

2007 = 6.3
    2006 = 7.3

-1.0 differential -5 games
    Once again Steven Jackson was hurt, which hurt the team more than Bulgers Yard Per Pass.

D mcnaab (eagles)

2007 = 6.9 (mcnaab and feeley)
    2006 = 7.9 (mcnaab and garcia)

-1.0 diff -2 games
    Garcia > Feeley. I'm sure there are plenty of stastics not just Yard Per Pass that would prove that.

Damon Huard (chiefs)

2007 = 6.8
    2006 = 7.7

-.9 differential -.5 games
    Another team who had a top RB go down with injury. That is what effected the W/L record.

Phillip rivers (chargers)

2007 = 6.9
    2006 = 7.4

-.5 differential -3 games
    Transition to a new offense. Once it was picked up the team started rolling.

Carson palmer (bengals)

2007 = 7.2
    2006 = 7.8

-.5 differential -1 game
    Yet again, RB injuries. When you're on your 4th string RB you should expect to lose more games. In this case one more game.

(JETS)

2007 = 6.5
    2006 = 6.9

-.4 differential -6 games

(Jets went from 7th best in 2006 in Defensive yards per pass to 25th worst in 2007)
    The Jets surprised everyone in 2006, everyone (Besides Peter King) knew they were in for rude awakening in 2007.

r grossman (chicago)

2007 = 6.3
    2006 = 6.7

-.4 differential -6 games

(note: Bears went from #1 in NFL 2006 in defensive yards per

pass, to about 28th worst in 2007)
    Brian Griese played in a good amount of games. Plus the lost Thomas Jones and were stuck with the ineffective Cedric Benson.

J.P. Losman (bills)

2007 = 6.9
    2006 = 7.1

-.2 diff . same record
    Nothing really I have to say here.

mIAMI

2007 = 5.9
    2006 = 6.1

-.2 diff -5 games
    Again nothing much I have to say here.

p manning (colts)

2007 7.8
    2006 7.8
    [/quote:3bc8iwq0]

Yards Per Pass was the same and yet the Colts win the SB in 2006 and don't in 2007. I think that says a lot more than any of these stats.

quote]

The Colts led the league in yards per pass in 2006. The 19-0 Patriots led the league in 2007. The Patriots went to the SB. Actually if you want a real good example of the importance of Yards per pass. Consider this.

The Colts had the worst run defense in the league in 2006. The Chiefs had the Best Rushing offense in the league in 2006. Those two teams met in the playoffs. guess what happened? yep, Colts won.

Once again all of the nonsense you posted above is just another attempt to ignore my post. It doesn't matter what decreased the Yards per pass averages. I said in my final "notes" that other things can effect the Yards per pass average other then the QB. you completely ignored that. the Bottom line is however that the record went the way of the yards per pass averages 30 out of 32 times

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Mr Smartmonies]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":1nwk8y5c
    WEEK 9 AGAINST RAVENS

WEEK 17 AGAINST RAVENS

jon, jom whatever your name is. Ravens had injuries all over the place in week 17.

Charlie Batch didn't take 1 sack in week 17.

Next.[/quote:1nwk8y5c]

The Ravens had injuries in week 9 as well. I remember a couple of backup corners getting toasted in that game.

Anyway, I started a thread in the Trash Talk section that you'll probably enjoy. If you want to keep debating let's take it there...