Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

When Ben was a rookie, he took over a 6-10 team after the 2nd game of the year & didn't lose until the AFC Championship Game to a team that cheated. The next year, his play in the playoffs got them to the Super Bowl which they won. How are these not great seasons?
    Too bad I watched the 2004 season. You guys made the AFC Championship game inspite of Ben. He tried to give the game away to the Jets, but your team carried him that game. Then he did give the game away to the Patriots. Plus they cheated by stealing DEFENSIVE signals not the offensive ones. Ben had 4 turnovers that game, I wouldn't consider that great by any means...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies

Find me 3 better seasons by a rookie QB in the history of the NFL?
    Find me another QB that led his team (2nd highest road passer rating in the playoffs history) at the age of 23?

Is about efficiency man, not fantasy football. I bet on sports for a living. If I listened To ESPN , I would be broke.
    Find me a rookie QB that walked into a team with a top 3 running game and a #1 ranked defense and I'll show you a rookie QB who has had as much success as Ben did in his first three seasons.

If you don't throw more than 300 times in a season, it really shouldn't be considered "great". Unless your a backup QB. Which is why I stated that Ben has had 1 great season...
    You're in the wrong place to have this opinion. First off MSM will shut you down with stat after stat of what Ben has done. Secondly, most of us aren't just stat guys (and that's not a shot at MSM) and we watch Ben every game. Not just the highlights, not just once in a while, but every game. It's quite clear that there is no QB in the game like him today.

Legend

User Info Menu

When Ben was a rookie, he took over a 6-10 team after the 2nd game of the year & didn't lose until the AFC Championship Game to a team that cheated. The next year, his play in the playoffs got them to the Super Bowl which they won. How are these not great seasons?
    Too bad I watched the 2004 season. You guys made the AFC Championship game inspite of Ben. He tried to give the game away to the Jets, but your team carried him that game. Then he did give the game away to the Patriots. Plus they cheated by stealing DEFENSIVE signals not the offensive ones. Ben had 4 turnovers that game, I wouldn't consider that great by any means...
    Wait...didn't you state that one season does not a career make and now you want to point to two games?

Sorry.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Wait...didn't you state that one season does not a career make and now you want to point to two games?

Damn, you beat me to it. I was just about to point that out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You're in the wrong place to have this opinion. First off MSM will shut you down with stat after stat of what Ben has done. Secondly, most of us aren't just stat guys (and that's not a shot at MSM) and we watch Ben every game. Not just the highlights, not just once in a while, but every game. It's quite clear that there is no QB in the game like him today.
    Stats tell you what you want them to tell you. If MSM posted total passing yards of total TD's, we would be having a different list of QB's on top.

And I watch a good amount of Ben's games. I have stated he is a top QB and after Brady and Manning comes Carson and Ben. I also said it's a matter of preference on which QB you would want for your team...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sorry.

You must be the clever one. So you're saying two failed playoff games means and throwing less than 300 times during a season equates to a "great" season?

Way to set the bar high...

Backup

User Info Menu

Stats tell you what you want them to tell you. If MSM posted total passing yards of total TD's,...
    Jon Kitna throws for a lot of yards.

Passing Yards should never be used to determine how well a QB is playing. Often , huge passing yards are racked up because you fell behind and now have to play catch up all the while your opponent plays prevent defense. Furthermore, NO NFL single season passing yardage leader has ever won a SB. The Leader in Yards per attempt however has win 16 NFL championships and played in 26 of them ,

Legend

User Info Menu

Stats tell you what you want them to tell you. If MSM posted total passing yards of total TD's, we would be having a different list of QB's on top.

And I watch a good amount of Ben's games. I have stated he is a top QB and after Brady and Manning comes Carson and Ben. I also said it's a matter of preference on which QB you would want for your team...
    MSM posts lots of stats, but mostly he posts stats that really matter. Time and time again Ben comes out at or near the top of the ones that matter. Especially that W/L stat. There is no other QB in the league that I would want behind the Steelers O line. Carson? Can't handle the pass rush. Payton? Can't handle the pass rush. Brady? Can't handle the pass rush. Ben simply makes things happen that no one else can. He's similar to Favre but much bigger and stronger. Ben is a winner and leads in the stats that make a difference in the W/L column.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry.

You must be the clever one. So you're saying two failed playoff games means and throwing less than 300 times during a season equates to a "great" season?

Way to set the bar high...
    It was all about efficiency. He did things no other rookie QB has done. Not Marino, not Montana, Not Elway, not anyone.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

MSM posts lots of stats, but mostly he posts stats that really matter. Time and time again Ben comes out at or near the top of the ones that matter. Especially that W/L stat. There is no other QB in the league that I would want behind the Steelers O line. Carson? Can't handle the pass rush. Payton? Can't handle the pass rush. Brady? Can't handle the pass rush. Ben simply makes things happen that no one else can. He's similar to Favre but much bigger and stronger. Ben is a winner and leads in the stats that make a difference in the W/L column.
    There is a lot of homerism in that statement. Peyton gets the ball out a lot quicker than Ben does, also he can read a defense much better than Ben. Same goes for Brady.

You state you watch every game Ben plays in, maybe you should watch every game Carson, Peyton or Brady play in. They can audible and keep defenses honest a lot better than Ben can. Which coupled with your weak O-Line is the reason why Ben got sacked so many times.

Carson and Ben are the future but Brady and Manning can QB a team, any team, better right now...