Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

If not for Troy returning a fumble for 80 some yards against the Packers in '05 the Steelers lose that game with Batch at the helm.

Batch is an adequate back up and nothing more.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You guys are wasting your time arguing.

You want to know how Bengals fans truly judge a QB? I'll tell you: by how many times he throws the ball.

To them, a QB has to throw at least 30 times a game to be considered good. His rating, efficiency, or % doesn't matter at all. If he throws the ball a lot and has more TD's than INT's, he must be elite.

Actually, what's sad is that for the most part, I'm not joking.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    You guys are wasting your time arguing.

You want to know how Bengals fans truly judge a QB? I'll tell you: by how many times he throws the ball.

To them, a QB has to throw at least 30 times a game to be considered good. His rating, efficiency, or % doesn't matter at all. If he throws the ball a lot and has more TD's than INT's, he must be elite.

Actually, what's sad is that for the most part, I'm not joking.
    You are correct ST. Bengal fans put more emphasis on quantity rather than quality. If you are playing from behind a lot against a prevent D in garbage team they consider those yards and completions to be just as important as when it's late in the game and you are down by 2. Hopefully the Bengal coaches continue to back that philosophy because it makes for a wonderful
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

You are correct ST. Bengal fans put more emphasis on quantity rather than quality. If you are playing from behind a lot against a prevent D in garbage team they consider those yards and completions to be just as important as when it's late in the game and you are down by 2. Hopefully the Bengal coaches continue to back that philosophy because it makes for a wonderful
    Am I the only one that has followed this thread throughout? First arguments are made that Palmer doesn't get it done in the second half and all his numbers are from the first half of games. Now it's being argued that Palmer gets all his numbers at the end of games during garbage time?

So apparently Palmers stats don't come from the 1st half of games or the 2nd half of games. Interesting...