Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

Hall of Famer

Re: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Like how Peyton Manning can't do what Ben can...
    Hey, Peyton can't play outdoors late in the season.......
    <<inset sarcasim>>

Legend

And like I said countless times before, last season was Ben's first "great" statistical season (from a numbers standpoint). Let's see what happens this season...
    FTFY.

This is where someone should post the video (that I can't find) of Ben shrugging off Trevor Pryce and throwing a TD against the Ravens. I don't believe I've ever seen Manning do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

And like I said countless times before, last season was Ben's first "great" statistical season (from a numbers standpoint). Let's see what happens this season...
    FTFY.

This is where someone should post the video (that I can't find) of Ben shrugging off Trevor Pryce and throwing a TD against the Ravens. I don't believe I've ever seen Manning do something like that.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5dqelV_8s&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies

Find me 3 better seasons by a rookie QB in the history of the NFL?
    Find me another QB that led his team (2nd highest road passer rating in the playoffs history) at the age of 23?

Is about efficiency man, not fantasy football. I bet on sports for a living. If I listened To ESPN , I would be broke.
    Find me a rookie QB that walked into a team with a top 3 running game and a #1 ranked defense and I'll show you a rookie QB who has had as much success as Ben did in his first three seasons.

If you don't throw more than 300 times in a season, it really shouldn't be considered "great". Unless your a backup QB. Which is why I stated that Ben has had 1 great season...

Why do you have to throw the football more than 18-20 times a game to be considered great? I'm pretty sure Terry Bradshaw wasn't hoisting it up there 30 times a game and he managed to win 4 Superbowls. Would you have liked the Bengals to have him instead of Ken Anderson? Or were you satisfied with the results of the Bengals during the70s?

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5dqelV_8s&feature=related
    That was one of the best highlight clips I've seen!...... Plays were great, but the background music just pumped it up!..... Awesome! ... God, I'm ready for some football!...... Thanx Msm!.....

Pro Bowler

Bens first great season from a Numbers Standpoint? You mean from a fantasy football standpoint. Because you should never talk numbers until you get a clue to what is going on. Seriously. You need to put away the fantasy football books.
    Numbers vs. Fantasy football numbers, now there's an interesting debate that I'm sure won't put anyone to sleep.

BEN ROETH CAREER FUMBLES, FUMBLES LOST, INTERCEPTIONS

18 FUMBLES, 8 FUMBLES LOST, 54 INTERCEPTIONS

CARSON CAREER FUMBLES, FUMBLES LOST, INTERCEPTIONS

27 FUMBLES, 12 FUMBLES LOST , 63 INTERCEPTIONS
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ben Roeth throws an INT every 26.59 passing attempts

1,436 attempts 54 INTs

Carson Palmer throws an INT every 32.32 passing attempts

2,036 attemps 63 INTs

Ben Roeth passer Rating on 3rd Down & 8-10 Yards

90%

Carson Palmer Passer rating on 3rd down & 8-10 Yards

71%
    Behind by 9-16 Points

Carson 90.8
    Ben 84.4

When the game is tied

Carson 100.5
    Ben 89.2

If you look at Carson's numbers it gets worse when were ahead by a lot. When the game is close or we're behind Carson steps up.

Also I don't have the patience you do. I don't know how you keep looking up all these stats. But just by going to NFL.com, I can easily show you some stats that makes Carson look better...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

This is where someone could post one of many youtube clips of Manning calling an audible and hitting the hot receiver before a rusher can get to him...

Hall of Famer

When the game is close or we're behind Carson steps up.
    I have debated this prior with you.... Carson does not produce when it counts. Blame it on the squad around him if you wish, but he doesn't get it done. Actually, he fumbles alot when under pressure to do good. ... Yes, you can quote a few games in which he did well, but on average, he does not... Again, maybe due to his surrounding cast... But Ben does, again to the surrounding cast. But that is what matters in the end.

You can debate facts and stats with Msm till you're both blue in the face, and it will go nowhere because he'll just keep 'em coming.... I simply look at production and final result, however it is done.... Carson falters. Period.

[quote=Jom112]
    I guess the running game hasn't helped Eli's Yards per pass average.
    The Giants running game was actually pretty good towards the end of the season when Bradshaw & company stepped up. The numbers might not reflect that because of the injuries and transition time the running game needed at the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":1hndzlew
    For 26 years the Steelers had some great defenses and running games. They didn't win another SB until roethlisberger showed up. Try to deny that.
    For the life of me, I just don't know how you guys couldn't win with aerial assassins like Kordell Stewart or Bubby Bister.

Ben accounted for 34 TD's last year.
    Averaged 11 yards per pass on 3rd and long with a 67% completion percentage (think that has anythng to do with him?)
    Has 2nd highest Passer rating thru his first 50 games of his career. 2nd to only Marino.

Carson = Never won a damn thing.
    And like I said countless times before, last season was Ben's first "great" season (from a numbers standpoint). Let's see what happens this season...[/quote:1hndzlew]

Screw the numbers W/L determine good seasons for Steelers fans. If Ben threw for 5,000 yards, but, Steelers were 7-9 the fans wouldn't consider it a good year. If he throws for 3,000 yards and they win the Superbowl or, at least, go deep in the playoffs that's a successful year. Total passing yards means little in these parts.

We need to see more Ws than Ls and playoff appearances.

And, just as an aside, a high YPA has very little to do with the running attack, it's about an efficient passing attack that picks up big chunks of yardage, sustains drives and demoralizes a defense that played good on 1st and 2nd down, but couldn't get off the field on 3rd and medium or 3rd and long.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

[quote=Jom112]

BEN ROETH CAREER FUMBLES, FUMBLES LOST, INTERCEPTIONS

18 FUMBLES, 8 FUMBLES LOST, 54 INTERCEPTIONS

CARSON CAREER FUMBLES, FUMBLES LOST, INTERCEPTIONS

27 FUMBLES, 12 FUMBLES LOST , 63 INTERCEPTIONS
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ben Roeth throws an INT every 26.59 passing attempts

1,436 attempts 54 INTs

Carson Palmer throws an INT every 32.32 passing attempts

2,036 attemps 63 INTs

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":3mjah3re
    Ben Roeth passer Rating on 3rd Down & 8-10 Yards

90%

Carson Palmer Passer rating on 3rd down & 8-10 Yards

71%
    Behind by 9-16 Points

Carson 90.8
    Ben 84.4

When the game is tied

Carson 100.5
    Ben 89.2

If you look at Carson's numbers it gets worse when were ahead by a lot. When the game is close or we're behind Carson steps up.

...[/quote:3mjah3re]

Does Palmer ever get a lead? Bens interception rate is blown up because of the Bike season. Get over it. That wasn't the norm. Ben puts away the game in the first half .And If need be, he will play well in the 4th QTR. He has the most 4th QTR comebacks of any QB last 4 years. 3rd down my man, Palmer can't move the chains. Its all about moving the chains. Palmer kills his defence because he doesn't play well on third down. Did you even watch your games last year? I posted writeups from the associated press.. Carson Palmer doesn't know how to win. and no has had a better more dynamic set of receivers over the past 4 years than Palmer. How would he like Cedric Wilson and Nate Washington?