Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: 2007 2nd half (of games) QB rankings for Interceptions

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

MSM posts lots of stats, but mostly he posts stats that really matter. Time and time again Ben comes out at or near the top of the ones that matter. Especially that W/L stat. There is no other QB in the league that I would want behind the Steelers O line. Carson? Can't handle the pass rush. Payton? Can't handle the pass rush. Brady? Can't handle the pass rush. Ben simply makes things happen that no one else can. He's similar to Favre but much bigger and stronger. Ben is a winner and leads in the stats that make a difference in the W/L column.
    There is a lot of homerism in that statement. Peyton gets the ball out a lot quicker than Ben does, also he can read a defense much better than Ben. Same goes for Brady.

You state you watch every game Ben plays in, maybe you should watch every game Carson, Peyton or Brady play in. They can audible and keep defenses honest a lot better than Ben can. Which coupled with your weak O-Line is the reason why Ben got sacked so many times.

Carson and Ben are the future but Brady and Manning can QB a team, any team, better right now...
    Palmer can't complete a pass on third down. Maybe he shoudn't audible? Peyton was hammerd by a 23 year old Roethlisberger in his own house when Peyton had his best team. Ben went down the field TD. Ben went back down the Field TD. 14-0 game over.
    Carson has had dynamic deep threat receivers to throw too and has done nothing. Ben hasn't had the same set of starting receivers since he came into the league,

Now back to yards per pass. Most important stat. 2nd most important is def yards per psss. Doesn't guarantee anything. But no stat aligns with winning games like yards per pass.

Here is yet another look at how critical the Yards per pass stats are. Listed Below
    are all QB's since 1982 that averaged a remarkable 8 yards pass or more for that
    particular season. Scan down and see how their teams performed.

THE RECORDS FOR THEIR TEAM MAKING THE
    PLAYOFFS IS 49-7 (MANY WERE SB WINNERS)

(The list only contains QB"s who played in enough games to sustain a true average for
    the season)

Brady 8.4 = 19-1 (lost SB)
    Romo 8.1 = Homefield advantage playoffs)

BREES 8.3 = PLAYOFFS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
    ROMO 8.6 = PLAYOFFS

BIGBEN 8.9 = PLAYOFFS WON SUPERBOWL
    MANNING 8.2 = PLAYOFFS NFL'S BEST RECORD

BIGBEN 8.9 = PLAYOFFS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, LEAGUES BEST RECORD
    MCNAAB 8.2 = PLAYOFFS SUPERBOWL APPEARANCE
    CULPEPPER 8.6 = PLAYOFFS
    BULGER 8.2 = PLAYOFFS
    TGREEN 8.2 = MISSED (WORST DEF YARDS PER

PASS IN LEAGUE BY FAR AT 8.5 ALLOWED!)

MCNAIR 8.0 = PLAYOFFS

NO ONE

KWARNER 8.8 = PLAYOFFS

GRIESE 8.0 = PLAYOFFS
    CULPEPPER 8.3 = PLAYOFFS
    KWARNER 9.2 = PLAYOFFS

KWARNER 8.7 = PLAYOFFS WON SUPERBOWL
    JGEORGE 8.5 = PLAYOFFS

RANDALC 8.7 = PLAYOFFS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
    CCHANDLER 9.6 = PLAYOFFS SUPERBOWL APPEARANCE
    S YOUNG 8.0 = PLAYOFFS

S YOUNG 8.5 = PLAYOFFS

NO ONE

jHarbaugh 8.2 = PLAYOFFS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
    (here's ur answer as to why the Colts got that far )

E Grbac 8.0 = PLAYOFFS

S YOUNG 8.6 = PLAYOFFS WON SUPERBOWL

S YOUNG 8.7 = PLAYOFFS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

S YOUNG 8.1 = PLAYOFFS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

S YOUNG 9.0 = MISSED PLAYOFFS (won last 6

games, young only played 11 games)
    M Rypien 8.4 = PLAYOFFS WON SUPERBOWL
    J KELLY 8.1 = PLAYOFFS SUPERBOWL APPEARANCE

JIM KELLY 8.1 = PLAYOFFS SUPERBOWL APPEARANCE
    W MOON 8.0 = PLAYOFFS
    J SCHROEDER 8.5 = PLAYOFFS CHAMPIONSHIP

GAME

J MONTANA 9.1 = PLAYOFFS WON SUPERBOWL

BLOWOUT
    J EVERETT 8.3 = PLAYOFFS
    J KELLY 8.1 = PLAYOFFS

B ESIASON 9.2 = PLAYOFFS SUPERBOWL APPEARANCE
    W WILSON 8.2 = PLAYOFFS

DOUG WILLIAMS 8.7 = WON SUPERBOWL

GARY HOGEBOOM 8.1 = PLAYOFFS
    B ESIASON 8.6 = MISSED PLAYOFFS (BOTTOM 7

IN DEF YARDS PER PASS IN LEAGUE)
    T KRAMER 8.0 = MISSED PLAYOFFS (BOTTOM 10

IN DEF YARDS PER PASS)

S GROGAN 8.4 = PLAYOFFS
    D FOUTS 8.4 = MISSED PLAYOFFS (2ND WORST

DEF YARDS PER PASS IN LEAGUE)

D MARINO 9.0 = PLAYOFFS SUPERBOWL

APPEARANCE
    J MONTANA 8.4 = PLAYOFFS WON SUPERBOWL
    J MCMAHON 8.0 = PLAYOFFS
    N LOMAX 8.2 = MISSED PLAYOFFS (DEF RANKED

6TH FROM THE BOTTOM IN DEF YPPASS)

JOE THEIS 8.0 = PLAYOFFS SUPERBOWL APPEARANCE
    DAVE KRIEG 8.8 = PLAYOFFS
    GLENN DICKE 9.2 = MISSED PLAYOFFS (WORST

DEF YARDS PER PASS IN LEAGUE)

K ANDERSON 8.0 = MADE PLAYOFFS
    D FOUTS 8.4 = MADE PLAYOFFS
    J THEIS 8.0 = MADE PLAYOFFS
    D WHITE 8.4 = MADE PLAYOFFS
    G DICKEY 8.2 = MADE PLAYOFFS

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nice stats again MSM. But anyone that deals with numbers as much as you do should understand the other factors that go into the Yards Per Pass statistic. When you have a strong running game and don't have to pass as often you are more likely to have a high Yards Per Pass number.

That doesn't mean you are an elite QB, it just means you are a good QB on a great team. The Steelers are best when they run the ball and their defense shuts down teams (Someone please try and deny that statement).

Ben is a GOOD qb and in time could develop into a great QB. That I'm not denying. What I am denying is all the credit you guys are giving him that he doesn't deserve. You guys were pathetic are the QB position before Ben, so adding a decent to good QB to that team elevated it to a SB caliber team. But that would have happened if Palmer, Peyton or Brady took over...

Backup

User Info Menu

Nice stats again MSM. But anyone that deals with numbers as much as you do should understand the other factors that go into the Yards Per Pass statistic. When you have a strong running game and don't have to pass as often you are more likely to have a high Yards Per Pass number.

2007 Steelers = 4.1
    2007 giants = 4.4

2006 Steelers = 4.2
    2006 giants = 4.7

2005 Steelers = 4.0
    2005 Giants = 4.7

2004 Steelers = 4.0
    2004 Giants = 4.5

Career Yards Per attempt Avg

Ben = 8.1
    ELi - 6.3

I guess the running game hasn't helped Eli's Yards per pass average.

That doesn't mean you are an elite QB, it just means you are a good QB on a great team. The Steelers are best when they run the ball and their defense shuts down teams (Someone please try and deny that statement).

For 26 years the Steelers had some great defenses and running games. They didn't win another SB until roethlisberger showed up. Try to deny that.

Ben is a GOOD qb and in time could develop into a great QB. That I'm not denying. What I am denying is all the credit you guys are giving him that he doesn't deserve. You guys were pathetic are the QB position before Ben, so adding a decent to good QB to that team elevated it to a SB caliber team. But that would have happened if Palmer, Peyton or Brady took over.

Ben accounted for 34 TD's last year.
    Averaged 11 yards per pass on 3rd and long with a 67% completion percentage (think that has anythng to do with him?)
    Has 2nd highest Passer rating thru his first 50 games of his career. 2nd to only Marino.

Carson = Never won a damn thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben is a GOOD qb and in time could develop into a great QB. That I'm not denying. What I am denying is all the credit you guys are giving him that he doesn't deserve. You guys were pathetic are the QB position before Ben, so adding a decent to good QB to that team elevated it to a SB caliber team. But that would have happened if Palmer, Peyton or Brady took over...
    Dude...the Steelers, since Ben took over have passed to set up the run. They had to. He took over as a rookie and defenses stacked the line. They pass early, defenses sag and the run game goes to work.

Btw, I welcome fans of other teams and don't automatically label them trolls just because they like a different team. That's not the definition of a troll.

But getting back to this discussion, you're being shredded. Count your losses and move on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    The Giants running game was actually pretty good towards the end of the season when Bradshaw & company stepped up. The numbers might not reflect that because of the injuries and transition time the running game needed at the beginning of the year.

For 26 years the Steelers had some great defenses and running games. They didn't win another SB until roethlisberger showed up. Try to deny that.
    For the life of me, I just don't know how you guys couldn't win with aerial assassins like Kordell Stewart or Bubby Bister.

Averaged 11 yards per pass on 3rd and long with a 67% completion percentage (think that has anythng to do with him?)
    Has 2nd highest Passer rating thru his first 50 games of his career. 2nd to only Marino.

And like I said countless times before, last season was Ben's first "great" season (from a numbers standpoint). Let's see what happens this season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Liars, Damned Liars and statistics....

Team sux, team trails, QB has to take chances, QB's rating is worse in the 2nd half because of it. That makes him neither better, nor worse than the guy who QBs a team that is leading more often in the 2nd half.

Did Farve suddenly get better or did the TEAM get better meaning he threw fewer 2nd half picks (because they didn't trail as often)???
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Dude...the Steelers, since Ben took over have passed to set up the run. They had to. He took over as a rookie and defenses stacked the line. They pass early, defenses sag and the run game goes to work.

Btw, I welcome fans of other teams and don't automatically label them trolls just because they like a different team. That's not the definition of a troll.

But getting back to this discussion, you're being shredded. Count your losses and move on.
    I'm sure if you say "you're winning the debate" enough times, people will start believing it.

Thanks for the welcome though. I came over to this site specifically so I could talk to opposing teams fans. It helps to hear an outside view of one's team, it gets tiring hearing every offseason how our defense is going to be a top 10 defense this year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

... it gets tiring hearing every offseason how our defense is going to be a top 10 defense this year...
    ...Are they REALLY saying that over in BungleLand?.... Now THAT is funny!!!!!.....

They need to develop the concept of T-E-A-M play first. With the various units working together..... Crawl before you can walk...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    ... it gets tiring hearing every offseason how our defense is going to be a top 10 defense this year...
    ...Are they REALLY saying that over in BungleLand?.... Now THAT is funny!!!!!.....
    Every fanbase has it's share of people who say crazy things.

Like how Peyton Manning can't do what Ben can...

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=Jom112]
    The Giants running game was actually pretty good towards the end of the season when Bradshaw & company stepped up. The numbers might not reflect that because of the injuries and transition time the running game needed at the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smartmonies":1dm86w09
    For the life of me, I just don't know how you guys couldn't win with aerial assassins like Kordell Stewart or Bubby Bister.

And like I said countless times before, last season was Ben's first "great" season (from a numbers standpoint). Let's see what happens this season...[/quote:1dm86w09]

A) The giants running game has been good for the Entire 4 years Manning has been there. And it hasn't done nothing to help his yards per pass average. YOu either throw an accurate ball or your don't. Ben throws an accurate ball. So does Palmer , until the critical times, like 3rd down, and 4th QTR passing. You bascially avoided the point I was making off of your false conclusion.

B) You want to talk about Past Steeler QB's?

Kent Graham 5.8 YPA COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    MARK MALONE 6.1 YPP 50.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    IM MILLER 6.1 YPP 58.3 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    BUBBY BRISTER 6.5 YPP 54% COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    CLIFF STOUT 6.6 YPP 52.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    KORDELL STEWART 6.3 YPP 55.0 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    DAVID WOODLEY 6.6 YPP 52.8 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    TOMMY MADDOX 6.7 YPP 57.2 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    MIKE TOMCZAK 6.9 YPP 53.4 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    NEIL O'DONNELL 6.9 YPP 57.8 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    TERRY BRADSHAW 7.9 YPP 53.9 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE (this avg is between 77-82)
    BEN ROETHLISBERGER 8.1 YPA 64% COMPLETION PERCENTAGE

Do you see where this is going?? Enough Said.

C) Bens first great season from a Numbers Standpoint? You mean from a fantasy football standpoint. Because you should never talk numbers until you get a clue to what is going on. Seriously. You need to put away the fantasy football books.

STEELERS 24 BENGALS 10

Bengals QB Carson Palmer completed only 39 percent of his passes (17 for 44).

"It's a loss that doesn't sit well with us," coach Marvin Lewis said. "We just didn't get things done. We had some chances. We didn't make some third downs. ... We missed some throws, and that ended up being the difference."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    49ERS 20 - BENGALS 13
    The Bengals could not get on track offensively, and that ultimately cost them in a 20-13 loss at San Francisco on Saturday night.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CHIEFS 27 BENGAlS 20
    Say what you want about the beleaguered Bengals defense, but it was the struggling offense that hurt the Bengals at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday. We're just not doing what we need to do on third down," said quarterback Carson Palmer, "It's a key point in the game. I know I need to do better on third down. It's the quarterback's responsibility."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    STEELERS 24 BENGALS 13
    That's why they're 5-2 and we're 2-5," Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. "Good teams put it in the end zone. Teams like us kick field goals." "You have to remember what's been going on and what is going on in the man's head. We haven't been converting on third down," Jones said. "Us as an offense on third down, we have to give that man confidence to know and to understand that we're going to go in there and do it. We haven't been doing that. That's not that man's fault for making that call."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BILLS 33 BENGALS 21
    Cincinnati's offense sputtered down the stretch, managing 22 yards and one first down on its first three possessions of the fourth quarter. "We're just not a very good football team," quarterback Carson Palmer said. "I don't have words for the way we feel in this locker room about this game, about this season. And it's frustrating."

here are some CAREER key situational stats.

Ben Roethcareer 3rd down passing

90.3 Passer rating
    62% completion percentage
    8.2 Yards per attempt

CARSON PALMER CAREER 3RD DOWN PASSING

80% passer rating
    59% PERCENT COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
    6.5 YARDS PER ATTEMPT

NOTE: Huge Difference between 8.2 yards per attempt and 6.5
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

BEN ROETH 1ST QUARTER PASSING CAREER

105% PASSER RATING
    9.4 YARDS PER ATTEMPT

CARSON PALMER 1ST QTR PASSING CAREER

93% PASSER RATING
    7.2 YARDS PER ATTEMPT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEN ROETH 4TH QTR PASSING CAREER

PASSER RATING 85%
    7.7 YARDS PER ATTEMPT

cARSON palmer Career 4th QTR passing

PASSER RATING 79%
    6.3 YARDS PER ATTEMPT
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEN ROETH CAREER YARDS PER ATTEMPT AVG on all passes

PALMER CAREER YARDS PER ATTEMPT AVG on all passes

BEN ROETH CAREER FUMBLES, FUMBLES LOST, INTERCEPTIONS

18 FUMBLES, 8 FUMBLES LOST, 54 INTERCEPTIONS

CARSON CAREER FUMBLES, FUMBLES LOST, INTERCEPTIONS

27 FUMBLES, 12 FUMBLES LOST , 63 INTERCEPTIONS
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEN ROETH CAREER PASSER RATING During Night Games

100.7%

CARSON PALMER CAREER PASSER RATING During Night Games

75%
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Roeth passer rating indoors

111%

Carson passer rating indoors

96%
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Ben roeth Passer Rating during PERCIPITATION

95%

Carson Passer Rating During Percipitation

74%
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Roeth career Passer rating when Temperature is between 20-40 Degrees Fahrenheit

88%

Carson palmer career Passer rating When Temperature is between 20-40 Degrees Fahrenheit

77%
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben roeth Career Passer Rating when Temp is above 80 degrees

111.1 %

Carson palmer Career Passer rating when Temp is above 80 Degress

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Roeth Career passer rating in December

95%

Carson Palmer Career Passer rating in December

84%
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Roeth Career Rushing Yardage total and per carry average

515 yards , 3.3 per carry

Carson Palmer Career rushing Yardage Total and per carry Average

135 yards, 1.3 per carry
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Roeth Career Passer rating on Turf

96%

Carson Palmer Career Passer rating on Turf

89%

Ben Roeth passer Rating on 3rd Down & 8-10 Yards

90%

Carson Palmer Passer rating on 3rd down & 8-10 Yards

71%