Thread: more Boring QB stats

Backup

User Info Menu

more Boring QB stats

consider Passes over 40 yards

Ben
    1436 career pass attempts, Ben has 32 passes over 40 yards.

Palmer
    2000 career pass attempts , Carson Palmer has 39 passes over 40 yards

Brady after 1st 4 full seasons
    at 2015 Pass attempts, 27 Passes over 40 yards
    He averaged 7 passes a season over 40 yards thru his first 6 full playing season,
    Last year (his 7th season) he more than Doubled (15) his passes over 40. (Think Moss made a difference ?)

Ben = 0.022 Percent of his pass attempts are completed for 40 + yards
    Palmer = 0.019 Percent of his pass attempts are completed for 40+ yards
    Peyton = 0.017 Percent of his pass attempts are completed for 40 + yards

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: more Boring QB stats

MSM,

How many of those over 40 yard catches were passes thrown over 40 yards (Or close to 40 yards). And how many of those were shorter passes to Ward or Holmes that they turned into a 40 yard pass play?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    MSM,

How many of those over 40 yard catches were passes thrown over 40 yards (Or close to 40 yards). And how many of those were shorter passes to Ward or Holmes that they turned into a 40 yard pass play?
    who knows? That would most likely require one to sit down and re watch every game with a notebook and pen while you mark how far the ball flew in the Air. Best thing I can tell you is the Roeth was 18th ranked in Yards after catch last season. I think in one of the earlier years he was near the top in having a lot of yards after catch with regards to his receivers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    MSM,

who knows? That would most likely require one to sit down and re watch every game with a notebook and pen while you mark how far the ball flew in the Air. Best thing I can tell you is the Roeth was 18th ranked in Yards after catch last season. I think in one of the earlier years he was near the top in having a lot of yards after catch with regards to his receivers.
    Fair enough. But watching both QB's play, I say Palmer throws a better deep ball...

Legend

User Info Menu

MSM,

Fair enough. But watching both QB's play, I say Palmer throws a better deep ball...
    Too bad for Bengals fans that it doesn't win more games.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

MSM,

I know one thing that Palmer is better going deep on....[attachment=0:39hz8s01]2881-PalmerDog2_hed.jpg[/attachment:39hz8s01]
    Attached Images Attached Images