Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

Check out what they're selling on NFL.com...a practice jersey. I'm not commenting on the jersey itself but isn't this a reach for the NFL?

ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

I think they're doing that now for a lot of players. I saw the Ratstains fans getting all excited about red Joe Flacco jerseys.

Hall of Famer

I don't think they are "reaching" per say.... But just maximizing the potential for revenue as they have always done.... But if it's a "practice jersey", shouldn't it be a brighter red that qbs wear?... I've never seen Ben wear a jersey that looks like that in the past.

.... That being said, for $75, if I have enough adult beverages some night, I just may buy one because it's different...

Man, I'm terrible about ordering stuff on-line..... BTW, never, and I mean NEVER, order the "egg-erator"... It's a rip-off!.........

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I don't think they are "reaching" per say.... But just maximizing the potential for revenue as they have always done.... But if it's a "practice jersey", shouldn't it be a brighter red that qbs wear?... I've never seen Ben wear a jersey that looks like that in the past.

.... That being said, for $75, if I have enough adult beverages some night, I just may buy one because it's different...

Man, I'm terrible about ordering stuff on-line..... BTW, never, and I mean NEVER, order the "egg-erator"... It's a rip-off!.........
    I get your point...any opinions on the Grill Daddy?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I get your point...any opinions on the Grill Daddy?
    ...If it's been made, I have it stuffed in the closet somewhere.....
    Like an idiot that gets burned on the stove, I just keep doing it over and over again.....

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I don't know what's worse, this Roethlisber maroon pseudo-Redskin jersey, or the silver/grey/whatever version of this Polamalu jersey that makes it look like Raider colors.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I don't know what's worse, this Roethlisber maroon pseudo-Redskin jersey, or the silver/grey/whatever version of this Polamalu jersey that makes it look like Raider colors.

Looks like it was thrown in the wash with the "colors" load, and faded out.....

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Big Ben doesnt even wear a GAY red practice jersey! But if he did.....
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

I'll stick with the regular Steelers B&G jerseys. What the hell is an egg-erator?

If you buy the Big Ben Redskins Jersey they give you this for free: