Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,572

    Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    Check out what they're selling on NFL.com...a practice jersey. I'm not commenting on the jersey itself but isn't this a reach for the NFL?

    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    I think they're doing that now for a lot of players. I saw the Ratstains fans getting all excited about red Joe Flacco jerseys.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    I don't think they are "reaching" per say.... But just maximizing the potential for revenue as they have always done.... But if it's a "practice jersey", shouldn't it be a brighter red that qbs wear?... I've never seen Ben wear a jersey that looks like that in the past.

    .... That being said, for $75, if I have enough adult beverages some night, I just may buy one because it's different...

    Man, I'm terrible about ordering stuff on-line..... BTW, never, and I mean NEVER, order the "egg-erator"... It's a rip-off!.........

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,572

    Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I don't think they are "reaching" per say.... But just maximizing the potential for revenue as they have always done.... But if it's a "practice jersey", shouldn't it be a brighter red that qbs wear?... I've never seen Ben wear a jersey that looks like that in the past.

    .... That being said, for $75, if I have enough adult beverages some night, I just may buy one because it's different...

    Man, I'm terrible about ordering stuff on-line..... BTW, never, and I mean NEVER, order the "egg-erator"... It's a rip-off!.........
    I get your point...any opinions on the Grill Daddy?
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I get your point...any opinions on the Grill Daddy?
    ...If it's been made, I have it stuffed in the closet somewhere.....
    Like an idiot that gets burned on the stove, I just keep doing it over and over again.....

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,888

    Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    I don't know what's worse, this Roethlisber maroon pseudo-Redskin jersey, or the silver/grey/whatever version of this Polamalu jersey that makes it look like Raider colors.



    1.22 OLB Shane Ray 6'3" 245 lbs. Missouri
    2.56 CB/FS Eric Rowe 6'1" 205 lbs. Utah
    3.87 TE Clive Walford 6'4" 251 lbs. Miami
    4.121 DE Henry Anderson 6'6" 294 lbs. Stanford
    5.160 WR Stefon Diggs 6'0" 195 lbs. Maryland
    6.199 OLB Kyle Emanuel 6'3" 255 lbs. North Dakota State
    6.212c CB Quandre Diggs 5'9" 196 lbs. Texas
    7.239 RB John Crockett 6'0" 217 lbs. North Dakota State

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I don't know what's worse, this Roethlisber maroon pseudo-Redskin jersey, or the silver/grey/whatever version of this Polamalu jersey that makes it look like Raider colors.

    Looks like it was thrown in the wash with the "colors" load, and faded out.....

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    Big Ben doesnt even wear a GAY red practice jersey! But if he did.....
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,252

    Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I don't think they are "reaching" per say.... But just maximizing the potential for revenue as they have always done.... But if it's a "practice jersey", shouldn't it be a brighter red that qbs wear?... I've never seen Ben wear a jersey that looks like that in the past.

    .... That being said, for $75, if I have enough adult beverages some night, I just may buy one because it's different...

    Man, I'm terrible about ordering stuff on-line..... BTW, never, and I mean NEVER, order the "egg-erator"... It's a rip-off!.........
    I'll stick with the regular Steelers B&G jerseys. What the hell is an egg-erator?

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,572

    Re: Is the NFL starting to reach for $$$ now?

    If you buy the Big Ben Redskins Jersey they give you this for free:

    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •