Thread: Heisman Possibilities...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heisman Possibilities...

Alright, I'm looking at guys who ARE NOT the current reigning Heisman winner (Tebow). He is just flat-out awesome. 32 passing TDs (3,286 yds passing) and 23 rushing TDs (895 yds rushing). .... But the rest of the pack:

Chase Daniel, Missouri
    384/563, 4306 yds, 33 TDs, 11 ints
    Daniel has the benefit of name-recognition. But he will have to figure out how to beat Oklahoma.

Pat White, West Virginia
    144/216, 1724 yds, 28 TDs (14 rush, 14 pass), 4 ints
    He is the focal point of almost every snap in thier spread offense. But weak schedule with only Auburn as the only marquee game.

Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
    248 carries, 1334 yds, 14 TDs
    One of the nations' top running backs, and the strength of schedule to back it up. But must play S. Carolina, LSU, Auburn, and Florida.

Chris Wells, Ohio State
    274 carries, 1609 yds, 15 TDs
    Has been in the BCS game the last two seasons and will have the opportunity Sept 13th to silence any doubters. Ankle injury slowed him last season, so he must stay healthy.

Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
    134 receptions, 1962 yds, 22 TDs
    Red Raiders have alot of momentum after a late-season win against Oklahoma and a comeback against Virginia in the Gator Bowl. TT is not widely known for Heisman-caliber talent, though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Heisman Possibilities...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Yes, yes, yes.... We know.........................

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm fairly predictable aren't I?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"I have to commend Tim Tebow because he is like a brick wall," Ole Miss defensive back Dustin Mouzon said. "I came up to hit him and I got hurt."

Plus, how could you not admire a guy for having this as his college squeeze.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

now that the regular season is over, who wins?
    those big 12 qb's really did something special this year. you could make a case for any of them (bradford and McCoy anyway).
    I don't think they were as important to their team as Tebow was though.
    you know what i think is going to kill tim though is that we pulled him out when we were blowing other teams away. McCoy and Bradford rarely got pulled as early as Tebow.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    now that the regular season is over, who wins?
    those big 12 qb's really did something special this year. you could make a case for any of them (bradford and McCoy anyway).
    I don't think they were as important to their team as Tebow was though.
    you know what i think is going to kill tim though is that we pulled him out when we were blowing other teams away. McCoy and Bradford rarely got pulled as early as Tebow.

Yeah, Tebows stats weren't as astounding as last year, and stats are what most of these voters go by unfortunately. Bradford and Oklahoma racked up 60+ points several times, so I see him winning.

Plus I heard that some Oklahoma managed to do some kind of exit poll of around 100 of actual Heisman voters and that Bradford is likely to win handily based on their sample.

I'm not sure who deserves it. But you are right, Tebow is most valuable to his team I think.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285