Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friendly wager involving the Steelers......

Hall of Famer

Re: Friendly wager involving the Steelers......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    I did not. Damn.
    <<shakes head...>> .... You are missing a great treat....

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I COULDN't, I repeat COULDN't wear another team's colors. I don't even wear the color orange period...EVER. I feel great that the Steelers can and will win this game, but you don't know what could be going on with the team at that time. What if (God Forbid) BR7 is out for the season or something? I wouldn't do it.
    I'm with ya on not wearing Clowns crap, but I can't avoid Orange in certain contexts. My nieces play over at North Olmsted and the school colors are Orange and Black. Pretty bad, but I take a bit of satisfaction in that my Clowns fan sister and brother-in-law have to wear Bunghole colors every time their daughters play a game, so the misery is spread evenly.

But I wouldn't even put up wearing the other's colors for a bet because I wouldn't wear that dog dirt and you can't make me. I usually just bet beer!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

I will never wear another football team's junk on my body. Just couldn't I'd rather bet a 100 bucks on the game rather than risk the chance of having to wear any colors other than the beautiful Black and Gold. My favorite international soccer player is Christiano Ronaldo who plays for the Team Portugal and when my wife decided to buy me his jersey one year for Christmas, I made sure that I had her order the "away" jersey.....

BIG FAN

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I will never wear another football team's junk on my body. Just couldn't I'd rather bet a 100 bucks on the game rather than risk the chance of having to wear any colors other than the beautiful Black and Gold. My favorite international soccer player is Christiano Ronaldo who plays for the Team Portugal and when my wife decided to buy me his jersey one year for Christmas, I made sure that I had her order the "away" jersey.....

I'm with you here, I would only bet the money, or to pick up a hefty tab.

Pro Bowler

A couple of my friends have a pretty funny bet going. One is a Browns fan and the other a Cowboys fan. If the Browns win the Cowboys fan has to wear his Cowboys Jersey EVERY DAY, unless at work and grow a crusty mustache and keep it for two months. If The Cowboys win it's the same but with a Browns jersey. If it were me making the bet it would be the guy wearing the opposing teams jersey but to have to wear the same thing everyday for a month is pretty bad.

Pro Bowler

My greatest bet ever occurred during Ben's Rookie season. The Pats came to town on a 21 game win streak. I decided to bet every pats fan on my companies message board on the outcome. I think the final was 38 folks took me up on my offer. the wager? the loser had to change their avatar, signature and donate 100 bucks to our company's mutual aid fund. If I had lost it would only have cost me a c-note an ugly avatar for a week. but the joy of watching 38 other have to change avatars, post a signature of my choosing and donate $3800 bucks on behalf of Ben Roethlisburger was delicious.......

(the downside was i made the same bet that year for the AFCG.......uuuggghh)

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    A couple of my friends have a pretty funny bet going. One is a Browns fan and the other a Cowboys fan. If the Browns win the Cowboys fan has to wear his Cowboys Jersey EVERY DAY, unless at work and grow a crusty mustache and keep it for two months. If The Cowboys win it's the same but with a Browns jersey. If it were me making the bet it would be the guy wearing the opposing teams jersey but to have to wear the same thing everyday for a month is pretty bad.
    There are worse things in the world than having to wear a Steeler jersey every day! It would take a beating being washed so many times in a month, so it would have to be a sturdy authentic, because a screen printed replica would probably get destroyed with so many washings in such a short amount of time.

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

Dude, Ronaldo is God!!! Dude kicks grass!!!

The Ronaldo road gear is sweet, too!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    There are worse things in the world than having to wear a Steeler jersey every day! It would take a beating being washed so many times in a month, so it would have to be a sturdy authentic, because a screen printed replica would probably get destroyed with so many washings in such a short amount of time.

I think the "non-washing" concept is a part of the bet. The Jersey will eventually start to reek with the constant wearing, couple that with the crusty stache and it's a recipe for success. lol

Hall of Famer

i made the same bet last year with my friend at the pats steelers game. what a mistake that was. of all the dumb things ive said and done when im wasted that was one of the dumbest. i also didnt plan on the steelers playing the pats two years in a row. im hoping by the time that game comes this season that he forgot about the bet. no freakin way i could ever wear a pats jersey especially at a steelers pats game. id want to beat up myself