Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friendly wager involving the Steelers......

Pro Bowler

Friendly wager involving the Steelers......

My brother in-law, who is a big Colts fan, & I have bet on this years upcomming Colts/Steelers match-up. The loser has to wear the other teams apparel at our yearly Memorial Day party next year & to the next Steelers/Colts game that we will attend when it's in Indy.

I don't want to be too sure of myself, but I'm extremely confindent the Steelers can win this game easily. Peyton will be playing against the elements rather than the nice, climate controlled environment that he is accustomed to. And Peyton sucks against a 3-4 D.

If I end up losing this bet, it will kill me to have to wear Colts gear!! I would rather buy my brother in-law lunch every week for the rest of my life.

Has anyone done any wagers similiar to this in the past that they care to share?

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Re: Friendly wager involving the Steelers......

I COULDN't, I repeat COULDN't wear another team's colors. I don't even wear the color orange period...EVER. I feel great that the Steelers can and will win this game, but you don't know what could be going on with the team at that time. What if (God Forbid) BR7 is out for the season or something? I wouldn't do it.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I COULDN't, I repeat COULDN't wear another team's colors. I don't even wear the color orange period...EVER. I feel great that the Steelers can and will win this game, but you don't know what could be going on with the team at that time. What if (God Forbid) BR7 is out for the season or something? I wouldn't do it.

This bet was proposed to me & I couldn't back down. This game will bring out the same sort of nervousness that I get for a playoff game. If I lose, I will have a few months to prepare myself before paying up. It won't be easy, lots of alcohol will be involved before I have to suit up, & I will take the longest shower of my life when I'm through.

But, if I win. I will have an enormous amount of joy seeing my brother in-law wearing Black & Gold.

Hall of Famer

Oz, this is always a tough bet.... Moreso than if money were involved, if you ask me... But being that we have Indy at home, outdoors, in November, after Pitt plays there the day before, could work to your favor.

Yes, I have done this same similar bet with Brenda as well as one of her friends in the past. Luckily, I have won, and they had to wear Steeler garb out in public for an entire day (including to work)... Unfortunately, the year before last, I lost a bet because Cincy beat us. I had to wear a Bungle jersey in public. And had to do so during our victory over the Colts in the playoffs... Man, there were Steeler fans HATING me! Teasing me and taking pictures for proof! It was the worst day of my life, and no amount of alcohol was able to wash away the pain that afternoon. Nor soap to get me clean enough after feeling "dirty" that evening...

Now a good story is this: A local bartender and I had a bet for the wildcard game against Cincy, and I won... During the Super Bowl, she had to wear my #7 jersey, ball cap, and a TT draped from her waist!.... When many of the regulars came in for the game, they were astonished that she was black-n-gold from head to toe. They teased her, and threatened her to never take her to a game again (all in fun, of course)... .... She also said that her tips suffered that day, and has refused to bet me again since then...

...My only other comment, is that if it is done with good natured intentions, it can be fun. You can always wear Steeler accesories (cap, towel) and get so dramatic about it that everyone enjoys a good laugh. Which is what it is all about anyway.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Oz, this is always a tough bet.... Moreso than if money were involved, if you ask me... But being that we have Indy at home, outdoors, in November, after Pitt plays there the day before, could work to your favor.

Yes, I have done this same similar bet with Brenda as well as one of her friends in the past. Luckily, I have won, and they had to wear Steeler garb out in public for an entire day (including to work)... Unfortunately, the year before last, I lost a bet because Cincy beat us. I had to wear a Bungle jersey in public. And had to do so during our victory over the Colts in the playoffs... Man, there were Steeler fans HATING me! Teasing me and taking pictures for proof! It was the worst day of my life, and no amount of alcohol was able to wash away the pain that afternoon. Nor soap to get me clean enough after feeling "dirty" that evening...

Now a good story is this: A local bartender and I had a bet for the wildcard game against Cincy, and I won... During the Super Bowl, she had to wear my #7 jersey, ball cap, and a TT draped from her waist!.... When many of the regulars came in for the game, they were astonished that she was black-n-gold from head to toe. They teased her, and threatened her to never take her to a game again (all in fun, of course)... .... She also said that her tips suffered that day, and has refused to bet me again since then...

...My only other comment, is that if it is done with good natured intentions, it can be fun. You can always wear Steeler accesories (cap, towel) and get so dramatic about it that everyone enjoys a good laugh. Which is what it is all about anyway.
    I agree with you about this being more of a tough bet than $$. We are betting our pride which is priceless. We both do a good job of running our yappers about how good our teams are & everyone that knows us, knows where our allegiences lie......

did I hear someone say something about a bet?

[#42414764] STRAIGHT BET (Risking: 903.00 - To Win: 700.00)
    07/05/2008 - 05:15 PMMLB [913] SD PADRES -129 ( ACTION )
    Score: SD PADRES(4) - ARI D-BACKS(2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wager details for ticket number 20891318-1:

Wager Type:Total
    Wager Status:Win
    Risk / To Win Amount:$88.21 / $76.70 (USD) Accepted 7/5/2008 2:06 PM - EST
    Amount Paid: 164.91

Sport / Period:5 Innings Baseball / Game
    Line:
    Chicago Cubs/St Louis Cardinals 7/5/2008 3:55 PM - (EST)
    Under 4 -115
    Pitchers:T Lilly -L - Must Pitch K Lohse -R - Must Pitch
    * Game Notes:
    First 5 innings ONLY (Listed Pitchers ONLY)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wager details for ticket number 20895420-1:

Wager Type:Money Line
    Risk / To Win Amount:$100.00 / $80.00 (USD) Accepted 7/5/2008 7:10 PM - EST
    Amount Paid: 180.00

Sport / Period:MLB Baseball / Game
    Line:
    Cincinnati Reds 7/5/2008 7:10 PM - (EST)
    Pitchers:T Redding -R - Must Pitch J Fogg -R - Must Pitch
    * Game Notes:
    Overnight Pitching Change J Fogg for A Harang

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wager details for ticket number 20895881-1:

Wager Type:Parlay (2 team)
    Risk / To Win Amount:$64.00 / $142.63 (USD) Accepted 7/5/2008 8:04 PM - EST
    Amount Paid: 206.63

Item #1
    Outcome:Win
    Line:
    Colorado Rockies 7/5/2008 8:05 PM - (EST)
    Pitchers:R Tucker -R - Must Pitch J De La Rosa -L - Must Pitch

Item #2
    Outcome:Win
    Line:
    San Diego Padres 7/5/2008 8:10 PM - (EST)
    Pitchers: Peavy -R - Must Pitch D Davis -L - Must Pitch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    07/04/2008 18:16:53 Wagered $150.00 to win $226.50 on OAKLAND: J BLANTON Won Straight Wager
    BA 75 7/4 OAKLAND: J BLANTON AT CHICAGO A: M BUEHRLE

07/04/2008 18:16:29 Wagered $240.00 to win $200.00 on SAN DIEGO: C BAEK +1.5 Won Straight Wager
    BN 65 7/4 SAN DIEGO: C BAEK AT ARIZONA: D HAREN

07/04/2008 18:16:07 Wagered $260.00 to win $200.00 on COLORADO: G REYNOLDS Won Straight Wager
    BN 61 7/4 FLORIDA: S OLSEN AT COLORADO: G REYNOLDS

07/04/2008 16:09:22 Wagered $1400.00 to win $1000.00 on SEATTLE: E BEDARD Won Straight Wager
    BA 69 7/4 DETROIT: K ROGERS AT SEATTLE: E BEDARD

07/04/2008 15:07:49 Wagered $1540.00 to win $1100.00 on SEATTLE: E BEDARD Won Straight Wager
    BA 69 7/4 DETROIT: K ROGERS AT SEATTLE: E BEDARD

07/04/2008 15:07:06 Wagered $280.00 to win $200.00 on SEATTLE: E BEDARD Won Straight Wager

Hall of Famer

<<<Thread ruined due to lack of recognition>>> ......

I was in waynesburg on Wedensday.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    But did you have a stromboli at Scotties' Pizzeria?!......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smartmonies
    But did you have a stromboli at Scotties' Pizzeria?!......
    I did not. Damn.