OK, while out on the road this week, I picked up a magazine from the news stand for some light reading along the way. Athlon Sports 2008 Pro Football Preview. ... Towards the tail-end, they do a fantasy football listing, covering all positions and rankings, and done by Dan Grogan. ... I actually found some of the rankings disturbing. Apparently, they do not view the Steelers as a team able to put up points (afterall, that is what drives it, isn't it?).
- They have Ben at #9. Behind Brady, Manning, Brees, Romo, Palmer, McNabb, Hasselbeck, and Anderson.
- They have Willie Parker at #17, even though he rolled-up the yardage last season.
- Ward is #18 and Holmes #24.
- Heath Miller is ranked #11 for the TE position.
- They have our defense at #14 behind SD, Chicago, NE, Minn, Dallas, Seattle, Balt, GB, Giants, Phil, Houston, Arizona, and Jacksonville.
- And Jeff Reed, after going 23-25, 44/44 xp, and 113 points at #16.
..... To me, this simply denotes a lack in confidence in the team to produce this coming season... Does anyone have any further insight other than this guy needs some better meds???...