Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: NFL Rookie Symposium

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,630

    NFL Rookie Symposium

    Talib is named as Rookie Combatant #1
    The News
    Updating an earlier story, we have now learned that the two rookies that got into a fight in the middle of the NFL's Rookie Symposium were Tampa Bay cornerback Aqib Talib and 7th-round draft pick Cory Boyd, according to ProFootballTalk.com.
    Our View
    Talib and Boyd were reportedly "jawing at each other for awhile," then came to fisticuffs during a Budget and Finances meeting. Both players were tabbed for questionable character and potential off-the-field issues coming into the draft, and now they both have their first official incident as NFL employees. We'll see if commissioner Roger Goodell takes action against both players in the days ahead.
    Per fanball.com newsbreakers email that I receive.


    All I have to say is wow. And glad no Steelers were involved. I love that they were both tabbed as players with character issues and they are living up to the hype.

    Can you imagine going to a sales conference or something, and just throwing down with a rival company's sales rep. You'd be fired...ha.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,446

    Re: NFL Rookie Symposium

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Can you imagine going to a sales conference or something, and just throwing down with a rival company's sales rep. You'd be fired...ha.
    Today I threw a romance novel at a co-worker and told him that his wife is a hoebag.
    Later I got pelted in the back of the neck with a ball of packaging tape.

    Nothing wrong with two co-workers playfully blowing off some steam to deal with
    the monotony of their job.

  3. #3
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,338

    Re: NFL Rookie Symposium

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Talib is named as Rookie Combatant #1
    The News
    Updating an earlier story, we have now learned that the two rookies that got into a fight in the middle of the NFL's Rookie Symposium were Tampa Bay cornerback Aqib Talib and 7th-round draft pick Cory Boyd, according to ProFootballTalk.com.
    Our View
    Talib and Boyd were reportedly "jawing at each other for awhile," then came to fisticuffs during a Budget and Finances meeting. Both players were tabbed for questionable character and potential off-the-field issues coming into the draft, and now they both have their first official incident as NFL employees. We'll see if commissioner Roger Goodell takes action against both players in the days ahead.
    Per fanball.com newsbreakers email that I receive.


    All I have to say is wow. And glad no Steelers were involved. I love that they were both tabbed as players with character issues and they are living up to the hype.

    Can you imagine going to a sales conference or something, and just throwing down with a rival company's sales rep. You'd be fired...ha.
    Talib and Boyd were just keeping it real. Joey Porter and Levi Jones fighting in a casino? Puh-leese. That's small time. Fighting in a budget and finances meeting, though? That's straight-out gangsta right there.

  4. #4
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Out with the chickens...
    Posts
    642

    Re: NFL Rookie Symposium

    You know both them boys got their asces handed to them
    behind closed doors...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

    "18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

  5. #5
    BIG FAN
    Guest

    Re: NFL Rookie Symposium

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Steeler Fan
    You know both them boys got their asces handed to them
    behind closed doors...
    I was hoping the same thing. This has got to be the first time I ever heard of this kind of crap at the big rookie meeting.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: NFL Rookie Symposium

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Can you imagine going to a sales conference or something, and just throwing down with a rival company's sales rep. You'd be fired...ha.
    Today I threw a romance novel at a co-worker and told him that his wife is a hoebag.
    Later I got pelted in the back of the neck with a ball of packaging tape.

    Nothing wrong with two co-workers playfully blowing off some steam to deal with
    the monotony of their job.
    This is my personal favorite: (which gives me a really good idea -- we should do a future themed photoshop contest that can use any NFL player photos, but you have to work it into a cover/title of an existing Harlequin Romance book image.
    THat would be sick!!!)



    And of course, this:


    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,446

    Re: NFL Rookie Symposium

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Can you imagine going to a sales conference or something, and just throwing down with a rival company's sales rep. You'd be fired...ha.
    Today I threw a romance novel at a co-worker and told him that his wife is a hoebag.
    Later I got pelted in the back of the neck with a ball of packaging tape.

    Nothing wrong with two co-workers playfully blowing off some steam to deal with
    the monotony of their job.
    This is my personal favorite: (which gives me a really good idea -- we should do a future themed photoshop contest that can use any NFL player photos, but you have to work it into a cover/title of an existing Harlequin Romance book image.
    THat would be sick!!!)
    Good idea. Costanza, are you listening?

  8. #8
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,338

    Re: NFL Rookie Symposium

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Can you imagine going to a sales conference or something, and just throwing down with a rival company's sales rep. You'd be fired...ha.
    Today I threw a romance novel at a co-worker and told him that his wife is a hoebag.
    Later I got pelted in the back of the neck with a ball of packaging tape.

    Nothing wrong with two co-workers playfully blowing off some steam to deal with
    the monotony of their job.
    This is my personal favorite: (which gives me a really good idea -- we should do a future themed photoshop contest that can use any NFL player photos, but you have to work it into a cover/title of an existing Harlequin Romance book image.
    THat would be sick!!!)


  9. #9
    motter1975
    Guest

    Re: NFL Rookie Symposium

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Talib is named as Rookie Combatant #1
    The News
    Updating an earlier story, we have now learned that the two rookies that got into a fight in the middle of the NFL's Rookie Symposium were Tampa Bay cornerback Aqib Talib and 7th-round draft pick Cory Boyd, according to ProFootballTalk.com.
    Our View
    Talib and Boyd were reportedly "jawing at each other for awhile," then came to fisticuffs during a Budget and Finances meeting. Both players were tabbed for questionable character and potential off-the-field issues coming into the draft, and now they both have their first official incident as NFL employees. We'll see if commissioner Roger Goodell takes action against both players in the days ahead.
    Per fanball.com newsbreakers email that I receive.


    All I have to say is wow. And glad no Steelers were involved. I love that they were both tabbed as players with character issues and they are living up to the hype.

    Can you imagine going to a sales conference or something, and just throwing down with a rival company's sales rep. You'd be fired...ha.
    You know, having sat through many budget and finance meetings, I can honestly say my biggest problem is staying awake through them...I can't imagine having a fist fight during one...that would require entirely too much energy in my boredom-induced, semi-catatonic state!

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: NFL Rookie Symposium

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Can you imagine going to a sales conference or something, and just throwing down with a rival company's sales rep. You'd be fired...ha.
    Today I threw a romance novel at a co-worker and told him that his wife is a hoebag.
    Later I got pelted in the back of the neck with a ball of packaging tape.

    Nothing wrong with two co-workers playfully blowing off some steam to deal with
    the monotony of their job.
    This is my personal favorite: (which gives me a really good idea -- we should do a future themed photoshop contest that can use any NFL player photos, but you have to work it into a cover/title of an existing Harlequin Romance book image.
    THat would be sick!!!)


    Or how about this?




    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •