Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Zabransky cut (link)

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Zabransky cut (link)

    [url]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08185/894577-66.stm[/url]

    And what's this about adding someone to the practice squad as part of an NFL Europe international program...

    I thought NFL Europe was toast... or did we pick up extra PS designations because its dead?

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Zabransky cut (link)

    Now who's going to run the statue of liberty play??? we are screwed!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Zabransky cut (link)

    Cutting Zabransky made sense, especially with 5 qbs on the roster. He must have been worse than Mike Potts, the QB from William and Mary.

    Adding the WR makes no sense, especially since they seem to have good competition at the position and more than enough bodies for camp. If think that 2 more still need to go before training camp...

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Zabransky cut (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Cutting Zabransky made sense, especially with 5 qbs on the roster. He must have been worse than Mike Potts, the QB from William and Mary.

    Adding the WR makes no sense, especially since they seem to have good competition at the position and more than enough bodies for camp. If think that 2 more still need to go before training camp...
    I don't think the international guy counts toward the final numbers at all. He is just slated to be on the practice squad for the entire year as part of an international outreach kind of program. He was here all of last season too, and it didn't count against the total roster numbers, or overall practice squad numbers.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Zabransky cut (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Now who's going to run the statue of liberty play??? we are screwed!
    Ask the Michigan Wolverines about who on the current Steeler roster is qualified to run the Statue of Liberty play.

    Dixon's first Statue of Liberty in that game resulted in a first down for Jonathan Stewart.

    [youtube:10vr7shp]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KSk91GLrLsw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KSk91GLrLsw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:10vr7shp]

    His second Statue of Liberty play was a fake in which he took it himself for a QB sneak TD.

    [youtube:10vr7shp]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNkES_Sadc0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNkES_Sadc0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:10vr7shp]


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Zabransky cut (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Now who's going to run the statue of liberty play??? we are screwed!
    Ask the Michigan Wolverines about who on the current Steeler roster is qualified to run the Statue of Liberty play.

    Dixon's first Statue of Liberty in that game resulted in a first down for Jonathan Stewart.

    [youtube:ejrbhia0]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KSk91GLrLsw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KSk91GLrLsw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:ejrbhia0]

    His second Statue of Liberty play was a fake in which he took it himself for a QB sneak TD.

    [youtube:ejrbhia0]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNkES_Sadc0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNkES_Sadc0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:ejrbhia0]
    Oh yeah, nevermind. We are going to be 16-0!!!!!!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Zabransky cut (link)

    I was actually hoping he (Zabransky) wouldn't be cut.... I really think that Dixon may end up on the IR this season. He hasn't had enough time to effectively rehab from the injury... But I guess it doesn't really matter. When was the last time the 3rd qb saw any action?

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Zabransky cut (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I was actually hoping he (Zabransky) wouldn't be cut.... I really think that Dixon may end up on the IR this season. He hasn't had enough time to effectively rehab from the injury... But I guess it doesn't really matter. When was the last time the 3rd qb saw any action?
    Batch and Maddox both saw significant time in 2005. I think Dixon will be ready to go by the start of the season.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Zabransky cut (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I was actually hoping he (Zabransky) wouldn't be cut.... I really think that Dixon may end up on the IR this season. He hasn't had enough time to effectively rehab from the injury... But I guess it doesn't really matter. When was the last time the 3rd qb saw any action?
    Batch and Maddox both saw significant time in 2005. I think Dixon will be ready to go by the start of the season.
    ...But neither were the #3 in '05, were they? ... No way Dixon is ready to go 100% this season after surgery. That is a 8 to 10-month rehab, and he had it fixed Nov/Dec. ... But again, he'll never see the field as a #3 qb.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Zabransky cut (link)

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I was actually hoping he (Zabransky) wouldn't be cut.... I really think that Dixon may end up on the IR this season. He hasn't had enough time to effectively rehab from the injury... But I guess it doesn't really matter. When was the last time the 3rd qb saw any action?
    Batch and Maddox both saw significant time in 2005. I think Dixon will be ready to go by the start of the season.
    ...But neither were the #3 in '05, were they? ... No way Dixon is ready to go 100% this season after surgery. That is a 8 to 10-month rehab, and he had it fixed Nov/Dec. ... But again, he'll never see the field as a #3 qb.
    They both played in the Clev game. Batch started and broke his hand I think. Then Maddox played the 2nd half. Either way w/ Big ben's reckless style we need at least 2 if not 3 quality QB's.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •