Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holmes continues to grow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Holmes continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Shawn what I meant by nice is...say Kemo has to come out for a play to tie his shoe, Mahan would probably be able to handle a snap at LG.
    Hmmm...Kemo tripping over his untied shoelace, or Mahan tripping over his own two feet even though both shoes are tied? Since Kemo is bigger and therefore more difficult for the defender to run around or jump over while lying on his back, I think I would still prefer Kemo with his shoe untied than Mahan...even for one snap.

Yea...I have to agree with that one.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Mahan works almost like a vacuum, he sucks the defender through the gap at high speed while simultaneously throwing himself out of the play.

He is actually talented in that regard, he would make a very good exhaust fan.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    Mahan works almost like a vacuum, he sucks the defender through the gap at high speed while simultaneously throwing himself out of the play.

At hockey games, I like to yell at the opposing goalie:

"You're not a goalie, you're a sieve!"

Wait 5-10 seconds

"You're not a sieve, you're a funnel!"

Wait 5-10 seconds

"You're not a funnel, you're a vacuum!"

Wait 5-10 seconds

"You're not a vacuum, you're a black hole!"

Wait 5-10 seconds

"You're not a black hole, YOU JUST SUCK!!!"

(a leftover from my college days at Cornell...college hockey crowds are nuts)

I've never thought about chanting at o-linemen, but I guess whatever works for poor goalie play would work for poor o-line play.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s

At hockey games, I like to yell at the opposing goalie:

"You're not a goalie, you're a sieve!"

Wait 5-10 seconds

"You're not a sieve, you're a funnel!"

Wait 5-10 seconds

"You're not a funnel, you're a vacuum!"

Wait 5-10 seconds

"You're not a vacuum, you're a black hole!"

Wait 5-10 seconds

"You're not a black hole, YOU JUST SUCK!!!"

(a leftover from my college days at Cornell...college hockey crowds are nuts)

I've never thought about chanting at o-linemen, but I guess whatever works for poor goalie play would work for poor o-line play.

I used to watch the Gulls in San Diego with a friend of mine, he would yell at the opposing team all night.

We had to keep a low profile on the way back to the car though, those minor league hockey guys don't have much to lose.

Another AS masterpiece.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we can get decent play out of our line, we should have an explosive offense this year. I read this article and posted it on the Trib. Mainly to see what certain posters that hate Santonio and refuse to admit he can be a #1 WR in this league would say. I love the guy. He might not be tall, but he is tough and catches damn near everything.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletfire1970
    If we can get decent play out of our line, we should have an explosive offense this year. I read this article and posted it on the Trib. Mainly to see what certain posters that hate Santonio and refuse to admit he can be a #1 WR in this league would say. I love the guy. He might not be tall, but he is tough and catches damn near everything.
    Agree with all that you say!! It's great that he had Hines to help him since he's been in the league......