Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Holmes continues to grow.

  1. #11
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,607

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Hell the only thing i don't like about holmes is his #!

    i don't think Sweed will have any trouble knocking nate out of the #3 spot. IMO i think Nate is going to have a really hard time finding a spot on this team...
    If Reid and/or Baker have an OUTSTANDING camp, Nate will not be a Steeler in 08.
    I can't envision any possible scenario during the preseason, no matter how OUTSTANDING the training camps for Reid and/or Baker might be, that either one of them (who have done diddly squat for this team when the games actually count) could beat out a guy who has 64 catches for 1,074 yards (16.8 yards per catch average) and 9 touchdowns over the past 2 seasons.

  2. #12

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    you think? i think the most interesting battles are going to be at linebacker and center..
    foote vs timmons
    mahan vs whatshisname (too tired can't think...)
    Hartwig shouldn't be in a competition with Mahan. That should be O-V-E-R on the 27th when the players report. As far as Timmons v. Foote, I think Foote wins the job out of camp, but slowly gives way to Timmons. More of a situational job based on LT's skillset.
    I'm thinking the center competition will be between Hartwig and Stapleton.
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)


    Another AS masterpiece.

  3. #13

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Holmes will be the clear #1 WR this season.
    Sweed will take over the #3 WR by mid season.
    Washington makes this squad again.
    Reid get his azz cut.
    Baker is our #5 WR
    Timmons is our starter day 1 of regular season

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,459

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Timmons is our starter day 1 of regular season


    Foote gets the boot.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Holmes will be the clear #1 WR this season.
    Sweed will take over the #3 WR by mid season.
    Washington makes this squad again.
    Reid get his azz cut.
    Baker is our #5 WR
    Timmons is our starter day 1 of regular season
    All are probably true except for Timmons. I think he'll be more of a situational (2nd and 3rd down and long) role player for the early part of the yr. Foote won't back down and relinquish his job.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    you think? i think the most interesting battles are going to be at linebacker and center..
    foote vs timmons
    mahan vs whatshisname (too tired can't think...)
    Hartwig shouldn't be in a competition with Mahan. That should be O-V-E-R on the 27th when the players report. As far as Timmons v. Foote, I think Foote wins the job out of camp, but slowly gives way to Timmons. More of a situational job based on LT's skillset.
    I'm thinking the center competition will be between Hartwig and Stapleton.
    That would be great. Mahan will be a nice LG, C, RG backup swingman.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  7. #17

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    you think? i think the most interesting battles are going to be at linebacker and center..
    foote vs timmons
    mahan vs whatshisname (too tired can't think...)
    Hartwig shouldn't be in a competition with Mahan. That should be O-V-E-R on the 27th when the players report. As far as Timmons v. Foote, I think Foote wins the job out of camp, but slowly gives way to Timmons. More of a situational job based on LT's skillset.
    I'm thinking the center competition will be between Hartwig and Stapleton.
    That would be great. Mahan will be a nice LG, C, RG backup swingman.
    If nice=sucky...then yes Mahan would make a nice backup swingman.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    you think? i think the most interesting battles are going to be at linebacker and center..
    foote vs timmons
    mahan vs whatshisname (too tired can't think...)
    Hartwig shouldn't be in a competition with Mahan. That should be O-V-E-R on the 27th when the players report. As far as Timmons v. Foote, I think Foote wins the job out of camp, but slowly gives way to Timmons. More of a situational job based on LT's skillset.
    I'm thinking the center competition will be between Hartwig and Stapleton.
    That would be great. Mahan will be a nice LG, C, RG backup swingman.
    If nice=sucky...then yes Mahan would make a nice backup swingman.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Shawn what I meant by nice is...say Kemo has to come out for a play to tie his shoe, Mahan would probably be able to handle a snap at LG.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  10. #20
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,607

    Re: Holmes continues to grow.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Shawn what I meant by nice is...say Kemo has to come out for a play to tie his shoe, Mahan would probably be able to handle a snap at LG.
    Hmmm...Kemo tripping over his untied shoelace, or Mahan tripping over his own two feet even though both shoes are tied? Since Kemo is bigger and therefore more difficult for the defender to run around or jump over while lying on his back, I think I would still prefer Kemo with his shoe untied than Mahan...even for one snap.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •