Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarheels!!!

Hall of Famer

Re: Tarheels!!!

UNC will be good in bball as will KY.
    this football season should be a pretty exciting one though.
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Buh-Bye

Tar Heels Picked Second In Coastal Division

Carolina posts best preseason position since 1999.

July 21, 2008

GREENSBORO, Ga. - In a vote by the media in attendance at the 2008 Atlantic Coast Conference Kickoff, North Carolina was picked to finish second in the league's Coastal Division in the fast-approaching football season.

The second-place pick for the Tar Heels was their highest since the ACC went to divisional play in 2005. UNC was predicted to finish fifth in the Coastal in each of the last three seasons and finished the season fourth in the division a year ago.

The Tar Heels last cracked the league's preseason top four in 1999, when they were voted fourth, and were last picked second in 1998 after posting back-to-back top-five national finishes in 1996 and 1997.

Head coach Butch Davis, who met with the media Monday at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation, and the Tar Heels open training camp Aug. 1 and kick off the 2008 season Aug. 30 against McNeese State at Kenan Stadium.

2008 ACC Preseason Media Poll
    Atlantic Division
    1. Clemson (59) - 383 points
    2. Wake Forest (5) - 304
    3. Florida State (1) - 265
    4. Boston College - 154
    5. Maryland - 147
    6. NC State - 112

Coastal Division
    1. Virginia Tech (5 - 383
    2. North Carolina (4) - 288
    3. Miami (1) - 253
    4. Georgia Tech (1) - 195
    5. Virginia (1) - 161
    6. Duke - 85

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHeel

July 21, 2008

GREENSBORO, Ga. - In a vote by the media in attendance at the 2008 Atlantic Coast Conference Kickoff, North Carolina was picked to finish second in the league's Coastal Division in the fast-approaching football season.

The second-place pick for the Tar Heels was their highest since the ACC went to divisional play in 2005. UNC was predicted to finish fifth in the Coastal in each of the last three seasons and finished the season fourth in the division a year ago.

The Tar Heels last cracked the league's preseason top four in 1999, when they were voted fourth, and were last picked second in 1998 after posting back-to-back top-five national finishes in 1996 and 1997.

Head coach Butch Davis, who met with the media Monday at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation, and the Tar Heels open training camp Aug. 1 and kick off the 2008 season Aug. 30 against McNeese State at Kenan Stadium.

Atlantic Division
    2. Wake Forest (5) - 304
    4. Boston College - 154
    5. Maryland - 147
    6. NC State - 112

Coastal Division
    3. Miami (1) - 253
    5. Virginia (1) - 161
    6. Duke - 85

Well, as long as you guys beat Va Tech, I'll twist an ankle jumping on the bandwagon...

Buh-Bye

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

July 21, 2008

Atlantic Division
    2. Wake Forest (5) - 304
    4. Boston College - 154
    5. Maryland - 147
    6. NC State - 112

Coastal Division
    3. Miami (1) - 253
    5. Virginia (1) - 161
    6. Duke - 85

Well, as long as you guys beat Va Tech, I'll twist an ankle jumping on the bandwagon...

Dammit we need to. I am tired of losing to them.

Hall of Famer

Dammit we need to. I am tired of losing to them.
    I don't know why, but I absolutely HATE them!... I don't know if it is because of Michael Vick, or the fact that I saw Frank Beamer slap a player upside the head during a game at WVU, but I hate them.... Moreso than Notre Dame....

Hall of Famer

BTW, did you REALLY have the college Gameplan listed on your last Directv bill? ... I didn't, but will see if it's listed on the next one due next week... They usually automatically renew the services (Ticket, superfan, etc...), but I just haven't seen it...

Buh-Bye

BTW, did you REALLY have the college Gameplan listed on your last Directv bill? ... I didn't, but will see if it's listed on the next one due next week... They usually automatically renew the services (Ticket, superfan, etc...), but I just haven't seen it...
    Nah, I was just kidding with you. The last bill didnt have any of them listed, imagine it will be on the next one.

But, rumor is a blackout will occur only for Kentucky.

Hall of Famer

Nah, I was just kidding with you. The last bill didnt have any of them listed, imagine it will be on the next one.

...The bill just came today in the mail, and yes, Gameplan was on it... I also noticed that alot of the "sports pack" channels are changing... FSP will be moving up to 659 I think... Wonder why they're scrambling them all up?.... (I usually just get the sports pack for football season so as to view FSP)

BTW, I went on-line to thier (Directv) sports schedule, and it appears UNCs' opening game against McNeese St on August 30th has been cancelled due to "lack of interest"...

Buh-Bye

...The bill just came today in the mail, and yes, Gameplan was on it... I also noticed that alot of the "sports pack" channels are changing... FSP will be moving up to 659 I think... Wonder why they're scrambling them all up?.... (I usually just get the sports pack for football season so as to view FSP)

BTW, I went on-line to thier (Directv) sports schedule, and it appears UNCs' opening game against McNeese St on August 30th has been cancelled due to "lack of interest"...

P.S. Who the hell is McNeese State anyway?

Hall of Famer

P.S. Who the hell is McNeese State anyway?
    No clue.... Which was the point....
    ...Then again, ask Michigan who Appalachian St is.........