Thread: Key Games To Watch This Season

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Key Games To Watch This Season

Here's a few to get you going... Specific conference match-ups and games will follow in another thread...

Aug 30: Alabama v Clemson. If the Tigers fancy themselves title contenders, they can't afford a slow start.

Sept 13: Ohio State v Southern California. An "in-season" Rose Bowl that might give the winner an inside track to the national title game.

Oct 4: Ohio State v Wisconsin. The Badgers have been close to securing Big-10 honors and can get a big boost here.

Oct 11: Arizona St. v Southern California. The winner could get a leg-up in the Pac-10 race.

Oct 11: LSU v Florida. The Tigers' thrilling victory last season set the stage for a run to the national title.

Oct 11: Oklahoma v Texas. The Big-12 South winner often comes out of this feud.

Oct 18: Kansas v Oklahoma. The Jayhawks did not meet the Sooners during last seasons' run-up to the Orange Bowl.

Oct 25: Illinois v Wisconsin. Last seasons' Rose Bowl participant against a team that wants to get there.

Oct 25: Georgia v LSU. The teams did not meet last season, which might have cost the Bulldogs a shot at the BCS title game.

Nov 1: Florida v Georgia. How much will the Bulldogs have left after playing in Baton Rouge a week earlier?

Nov 15: Ohio State v Illinois. The Illini handed the Buckeyes thier only regular-season loss a year ago.

Nov 22: Michigan v Ohio State. Coach Rich Rodriguez takes the Wolverines to Columbus for the first time.

Nov 28: WVU v Pitt. The Panthers' stunning upset kept WVU out of last seasons' national title game.

Nov 29: Missouri v Kansas. The Tigers' win last year sent them to the Big-12 title game.

Dec 6: South Florida v WVU. The Mountaineers are 0-2 against S. Florida the last two years and 10-2 against the rest of the Big East.

steeld95

Re: Key Games To Watch This Season

Sept 13th, Georgia at South Carolina. This is a close game just about every year. Georgia will likely be coming into the game a top 3 team in the country. They will also be looking for revenge as South Carolina went into Athens last year and won. Should be another good one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeld95
    Sept 13th, Georgia at South Carolina. This is a close game just about every year. Georgia will likely be coming into the game a top 3 team in the country. They will also be looking for revenge as South Carolina went into Athens last year and won. Should be another good one.
    Man, you gotta hand it to Spurrier (I personally love the guy from his days down in Gainesville)... Yes, Georgia should be coming in there with guns blazin' after thier first two cake-walks (Ga Southern, Cent Mich). And S. Carolina has two tougher matchups prior, in NC St. and Vandy... Personally, I'd absolutely LOVE to see a 'Cock win!....

steeld95

I can't wait for this one. It is at home so I will be there. It is a great game every year and this one shouldn't disapoint. Georgia is loaded offensively. We should have our best defense we have had in a long time. This game reminds of the quincy quarter game where they came in ranked 9th and he was a heisman candidate. He threw five picks...still one of my favorite games I was ever at. I think we will beat NC State by two touchdowns and we blow out Vandy leading to Georgia. Vandy loses alot and it is a big revenge game for us. So, we should hopefully go into the Georgia ready!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sat Aug 30 Hawaii Gainesville, FL
    Sat Sep 6 Miami (Fla.) Gainesville, FL
    Sat Sep 20 at Tennessee Knoxville, TN
    Sat Sep 27 Ole Miss Gainesville, FL
    Sat Oct 4 at Arkansas Fayetteville, AR
    Sat Oct 11 LSU Gainesville, FL
    Sat Oct 25 Kentucky (HC) Gainesville, FL
    Sat Nov 1 Georgia Jacksonville, FL
    Sat Nov 8 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN
    Sat Nov 15 South Carolina Gainesville, FL
    Sat Nov 22 The Citadel Gainesville, FL
    Sat Nov 29 at Florida State Tallahassee, FL

steeld95

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I can't wait to see this game this year. Especially after Richt had the whole team celebrate last year when they first scored. This game is going to be a battle.

I am also looking forward to South Carolina going back to the Swamp. We should have had them two years ago when we played there, but we had 3 fgs blocked. Also, I love the swamp, one of my favorite stadiums I have ever seen a game in.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

...Does Urban Meyer ask you to swallow?........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    ...Does Urban Meyer ask you to swallow?........
    Unlike some posters on this board who will remain nameless in order to protect their piloting job with Delta so that those secreted individuals can retain their anonymity in the greater Northern Kentucky area, free from ridicule by Bengal fans because they happen to follow the greatest football team in the world who where black and gold, who no matter form of torture is bestowed upon me..... atleast Pete Carroll doesn't have me face down in a pillow playing Pizza Hut delivery boy and patron who ordered the "sausage lovers" pizza.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Unlike some posters on this board who will remain nameless in order to protect their piloting job with Delta so that those secreted individuals can retain their anonymity in the greater Northern Kentucky area, free from ridicule by Bengal fans because they happen to follow the greatest football team in the world who where black and gold, who no matter form of torture is bestowed upon me..... atleast Pete Carroll doesn't have me face down in a pillow playing Pizza Hut delivery boy and patron who ordered the "sausage lovers" pizza.
    Brenda is over here at the moment, and gave you two thumbs up for that particular rant.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Brenda is over here at the moment, and gave you two thumbs up for that particular rant.....
    Give her my best and tell her I miss her wit and obvious taste in humor.