Independence Day... The Fourth of July.

Yes, I know I'm jumping the gun by a few days, but I'll be out of town all week so wanted to get this started before I left...

What does it signify, and mean to you?... Is it eating hot dogs and burgers at a cook-out? Drinking beer with friends at said cook-out? Viewing fireworks? Watching Steeler highlights on the DVR?... How about "freedom", and the brave men and women that protect and serve so we have that freedom? Without them, we could not cook-out, drink beer, view fireworks, and watch Steeler highlights.

As I have said before, I did not serve, but have many co-workers that still fly in the reserves... I tip my hat to each and every serviceman that currently serves our country, or did in the past. A great many thanx needs to be expressed without a doubt... And the black-n-gold flies among our troops. I have seen alot of photos depicting it.

So if anyone has any comments or stories they wish to share, please post them here. If you have any photos of friends or family members that are serving or served in the past, post them here. Have you seen our colors flying proudly next to the Stars and Stripes?... Post them here. ... I came across a few cool pics that I'm posting, and will be looking for a few more before I go for the week. Please join me and do the same.

Besides, it would be a great tribute to any current or past member of the armed forces that might be gracing our presence this coming holiday weekend to see several pages of photos, comments, and "thank yous"...

To each and every one of you on foreign soil, or here in the U.S. .... "THANK YOU".