Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

3) Parker...crazy blazing speed and nothing else. Subpar vision, almost zero power running ability, outruns his blockers, lacks patience, doesn't make teams respect the middle, can't move the chains, and hands of freakin stone. The guy is a good change up back. He is a guy you put in the game when a D is tired. A pure home run hitter.
While I agree with much of this sentiment, I feel it is an unfair oversimplification. If it were true, you could replace Parker with any similarly sized division I sprinter and get the same results. Parker does a little more than pure speed. He has very nice stop and start moves and can change gears well to avoid tacklers. He has good change of direction ability. He also has some open field elusiveness. He's also very durable and for a smaller back.
Pretty much everything you described revolves around speed. Honestly his lateral movement is very average. He can be open field elusive mainly because he is so dayum fast. The comment about the sprinter doesn't really make sense because I didn't say he had no ability to run the ball. Obviously, he is a running back. But, his lack of natural running back skill is hidden by his freakish speed.
The comment about the sprinter applies. You said "crazy blazing speed and nothing else." It was an oversimplification. Again, I generally agree with you. Further, I agree his lateral agility isn't all that great.

All I'm saying is there is a lot to the running phase of the game. Some of it Parker does well and it isn't about pure speed. For example, other backs have survived in this league by being shifty (shifting gears) and not necessarily fast. This is a skill that Parker has which some fast runners don't.
I think you took me too literal. Obviously, I was being overdramatic for effect. He certainly has RB skills. He just doesn't have pro bowl RB skills. He has sub average RB skills....but he is not absent of rb skills.