Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SUNDAY SUPER STEELER OFF-SEASON CONTEST!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

SUNDAY SUPER STEELER OFF-SEASON CONTEST!!!

Man, is anyone else as BORED as I am on weekends this time of year?!.... Brenda is still in "recovery mode", so physical activity is out of the question... ... And my golf partner is out of town... The "grill-out" is already completed, so I'm stuck just roaming the boards.

...OK, here's a contest for you all that runs thru tonight only. Consider it a "perk" for those of you that actually visit the Steeler forum during the dog-days of the off-season on a weekend like me... Answer the two following questions to win the "ultimate prize"...

1. I am thinking of a number between 1 and 100. What is it?

2. I am thinking of a former Steeler. He was born on August 30,1947. Played 13 seasons with the Steelers. Wore a fairly "popular" number. Has four Super Bowl rings. And started 177 games on offense... Who is he?

...The trivia question about the former player must be correct, but the closest to the number will win... So put on your thinking caps, warm up that Google button, and best of luck! .... As I said, the winner gets the "ultimate prize" (obviously not the greatest in the world, but not bad either, considering it's free for just putting a little thought into the question!... And it IS Steeler material. )... First to answer correctly wins. The prize will be revealed afterwords.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: SUNDAY SUPER STEELER OFF-SEASON CONTEST!!!

... Tick tock....
    <<insert Jeopardy theme music here>>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the player is John Kolb but.. the # is... 56 (he was the 56th pick i believe)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We have a winner!.... Actually, the only contestant....

...The number was actually 69. I haven't been able to fool around much lately due to Brendas' surgery (sorry, obviously not football related).... But you got the trivia question correctly.... Look for a PM from me in the next few minutes....

You win a copy of NKys' 75th anniversary DVD. Including "Spotlight: 75 years of Steeler football", "Steelers 75th anniversary event coverage", a story about the 75th anniversary exhibit at the HOF, and a town hall meeting with many past Steelers... 3 1/2 hours of black-n-gold viewing....

...Thanx for playing, and thanx for viewing the board on the off-season weekend...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

u know i read the part about the wifey having surgery and i never connected the two...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    We have a winner!.... Actually, the only contestant....

...The number was actually 69. I haven't been able to fool around much lately due to Brendas' surgery (sorry, obviously not football related).... But you got the trivia question correctly.... Look for a PM from me in the next few minutes....

You win a copy of NKys' 75th anniversary DVD. Including "Spotlight: 75 years of Steeler football", "Steelers 75th anniversary event coverage", a story about the 75th anniversary exhibit at the HOF, and a town hall meeting with many past Steelers... 3 1/2 hours of black-n-gold viewing....

...Thanx for playing, and thanx for viewing the board on the off-season weekend...
    Cmon NKy...the number between 1-100 should have been 43, as in Super Bowl 43.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Cmon NKy...the number between 1-100 should have been 43, as in Super Bowl 43.
    The number 43 just doesn't give me the same "rise".......

....But jbirt gave me a very good idea, and we will be doing this again soon....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Man, is anyone else as BORED as I am on weekends this time of year
    We have 4 more full weekends without football!! The HOF game is 5 weeks from tonight. Hope that helps you feel better.

:P

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why don't you teach yourself some useful skill in this spare time -- like how to photoshop!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Why don't you teach yourself some useful skill in this spare time -- like how to photoshop!!!