Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Stopped At Red Light...

  1. #31
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i cant hate on fans that live in other places, at least they represent their team.
    I, for the most part, agree with you. In 2004 and the first few games of the 2005 season, at the sportsbar I go to when the Steelers are on, there was a sudden increase in Bengals fans. Now, these fans are no where to be found. Now, there are a bunch of Pats fans. I suspect they are band wagon jumpers.

    The fans of other teams that I personally see each week that I trust as being true fans are Packer fans (they have the accent). The beligerant Raider fans. And this one dude that comes each week wearing a Thurman Thomas jersey to watch the Bills play. This person comes alone, talks to nobody, and watches a small TV in the corner that doesn't have the sound playing. He has been doing this all season for the past 3-4 seasons. I respect that he comes each week. The Bills are often not playing for much after week 11.
    Change the team to Steelers, the jersey to Troy's (Kirkland's before that), the city to Green Bay and there you have a picture of me each week the Steelers aren't on national TV.

  2. #32
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i cant hate on fans that live in other places, at least they represent their team.
    I, for the most part, agree with you. In 2004 and the first few games of the 2005 season, at the sportsbar I go to when the Steelers are on, there was a sudden increase in Bengals fans. Now, these fans are no where to be found. Now, there are a bunch of Pats fans. I suspect they are band wagon jumpers.

    The fans of other teams that I personally see each week that I trust as being true fans are Packer fans (they have the accent). The beligerant Raider fans. And this one dude that comes each week wearing a Thurman Thomas jersey to watch the Bills play. This person comes alone, talks to nobody, and watches a small TV in the corner that doesn't have the sound playing. He has been doing this all season for the past 3-4 seasons. I respect that he comes each week. The Bills are often not playing for much after week 11.
    Change the team to Steelers, the jersey to Troy's (Kirkland's before that), the city to Green Bay and there you have a picture of me each week the Steelers aren't on national TV.
    That sucks man. No fun watching a game with no sound. I'm surprised there are no Steelers bars in GB. Is there any sign of Steeler Nation where you are? The Steelers should be on national TV alot this year so we won't have to go out as much.

  3. #33
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i cant hate on fans that live in other places, at least they represent their team.
    I, for the most part, agree with you. In 2004 and the first few games of the 2005 season, at the sportsbar I go to when the Steelers are on, there was a sudden increase in Bengals fans. Now, these fans are no where to be found. Now, there are a bunch of Pats fans. I suspect they are band wagon jumpers.

    The fans of other teams that I personally see each week that I trust as being true fans are Packer fans (they have the accent). The beligerant Raider fans. And this one dude that comes each week wearing a Thurman Thomas jersey to watch the Bills play. This person comes alone, talks to nobody, and watches a small TV in the corner that doesn't have the sound playing. He has been doing this all season for the past 3-4 seasons. I respect that he comes each week. The Bills are often not playing for much after week 11.
    Change the team to Steelers, the jersey to Troy's (Kirkland's before that), the city to Green Bay and there you have a picture of me each week the Steelers aren't on national TV.
    That sucks man. No fun watching a game with no sound. I'm surprised there are no Steelers bars in GB. Is there any sign of Steeler Nation where you are? The Steelers should be on national TV alot this year so we won't have to go out as much.
    A few here and there but not a lot. The problem is the Packers have a tradition of winning from the Lombardi years and people cling to that. Also, there aren't a whole lot of transplants in Green Bay, so most people here are from here and were born and raised as Packers fans.

    I'm moving at the end of this month and will be getting DirecTV. Sunday Ticket is in my future which means I'll be home for every game.

  4. #34
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    [quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1dlicayp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i cant hate on fans that live in other places, at least they represent their team.
    I, for the most part, agree with you. In 2004 and the first few games of the 2005 season, at the sportsbar I go to when the Steelers are on, there was a sudden increase in Bengals fans. Now, these fans are no where to be found. Now, there are a bunch of Pats fans. I suspect they are band wagon jumpers.

    The fans of other teams that I personally see each week that I trust as being true fans are Packer fans (they have the accent). The beligerant Raider fans. And this one dude that comes each week wearing a Thurman Thomas jersey to watch the Bills play. This person comes alone, talks to nobody, and watches a small TV in the corner that doesn't have the sound playing. He has been doing this all season for the past 3-4 seasons. I respect that he comes each week. The Bills are often not playing for much after week 11.
    Change the team to Steelers, the jersey to Troy's (Kirkland's before that), the city to Green Bay and there you have a picture of me each week the Steelers aren't on national TV.
    That sucks man. No fun watching a game with no sound. I'm surprised there are no Steelers bars in GB. Is there any sign of Steeler Nation where you are? The Steelers should be on national TV alot this year so we won't have to go out as much.
    A few here and there but not a lot. The problem is the Packers have a tradition of winning from the Lombardi years and people cling to that. Also, there aren't a whole lot of transplants in Green Bay, so most people here are from here and were born and raised as Packers fans.

    I'm moving at the end of this month and will be getting DirecTV. Sunday Ticket is in my future which means I'll be home for every game. [/quote:1dlicayp]

    Sunday Ticket at home is SWEEEETTT!!! I used to have it when it first came out. For some reason where I live now makes it difficult to get a steady reception with a dish -or else I would have it.

  5. #35
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Sunday Ticket at home is SWEEEETTT!!! I used to have it when it first came out. For some reason where I live now makes it difficult to get a steady reception with a dish -or else I would have it.
    I was down in Guadalahara Mexico last week, and they were advertising the Ticket on local tv.... With the current exchange rate of 10.13 to 1, it was running for approximately $110. Can you believe that!... We are being ripped off!

  6. #36
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Sunday Ticket at home is SWEEEETTT!!! I used to have it when it first came out. For some reason where I live now makes it difficult to get a steady reception with a dish -or else I would have it.
    I was down in Guadalahara Mexico last week, and they were advertising the Ticket on local tv.... With the current exchange rate of 10.13 to 1, it was running for approximately $110. Can you believe that!... We are being ripped off!
    Sh!t!! I spend that in 3 weeks at the local Steeler sports bar. We are being ripped off!!! That's one crazy exchange rate!!

    Do you know what the current cost of the NFL ticket is here in the US???

  7. #37
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Do you know what the current cost of the NFL ticket is here in the US???
    ...I could be wrong, but I think it is $225 or so.... Add another $100 or so for the college Gameplan, and $12 a month (Aug-Feb) for the sports package to get Fox Sports Pgh and you have a VERY expensive football season for me...

  8. #38
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Do you know what the current cost of the NFL ticket is here in the US???
    ...I could be wrong, but I think it is $225 or so.... Add another $100 or so for the college Gameplan, and $12 a month (Aug-Feb) for the sports package to get Fox Sports Pgh and you have a VERY expensive football season for me...
    $225 is still a deal. I would guess, that I can watch the Steelers at home about 6 times throughout the year. That means I would go out for 10 games. I spend around $12 on a bucket of Bud Lights, & $12 on lunch. That plus a nice tip puts me around $30/week.

    However, it is nice to get out amoung the Nation in the area. The fall is the only time I see alot of those guys.


    If I liked college ball as much as you, then I would be in a quagmire!!

  9. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    It's even less if you "split the dish" which is what I will be doing. :P

  10. #40
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Stopped At Red Light...

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    It's even less if you "split the dish" which is what I will be doing. :P
    I hope it's with another Steeler fan so you wont be fighting for control.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •