Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopped At Red Light...

Pro Bowler

Re: Stopped At Red Light...

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I truely believe this is due to Colts fans being some of the lamest fans on the planet.
    Oz, I don't know if they are the "lamest on the planet" or not (you're around them more than I), but they definitely aren't as vocal as the Nation... I will say that I think the Colts fans have alot more class than many fan bases in the league...

...Back when we made our Super Bowl run a few years ago, I took my dad to the Monday night game in Indy (we lost, unfortunately...). My dad had never been to an indoor game, nor a Monday night game, so it was a good experience for him... Anyway, the fans were extremely respectful and friendly. My connection in the Indy PR dept gave us seats amongst the Steeler families and we sat right next to Dan Kreiders' folks and my dad chatted with his dad throughout the game. No problems anywhere from parking, to walking to the stadium, to being inside at the game. ... That certainly is NOT the case everywhere, but I definitely tip my cap to thier behavior at that event.
    I was at that same game!! Didn't get harrassed much, but I much rather would of sat in your area of stadium!! Colts fans, in general are very well behaved (unlike Cincy). The reason why I think they are the lamest on the planet is due to nobody claimed to be a Colts fan until they started having success. Now, the area that I live is littered w/people wearing Colts crap. A co-worker once had the audacity to ? my Steeler loyality against his Colt loyality. I asked him to name one offensive lineman for the Colts (besides Jeff Saturday) & he couldn't. I asked him to name the Colts QB prior to Manning, he couldn't. I asked him what year the Colts moved to Indy, he couldn't. I would bet that some fans may not even realize that they will be playing in a new stadium this year until they see the game on TV in week #1. A few years ago at a work function, a Colts fan that I had met asked me if I know what time the Colts play on Sunday, I thought to myself "this is stuff fans should know". I don't know, maybe I'm being a bit to judgemental.

About that Colts/Steeler game.........do you think that sound was being pumped in? I thought that it was damn loud for a bunch of mild manner fans to make.

Hall of Famer

Oz, I don't question anyone's "fandom" lightly (looked for a clip of the commercial, but didn't readily find one...) unless they are Bungle fanidiots. But I get your point, and agree.

....And yes, I DO think the sound was piped in.... It was just too loud and seemingly false, IMO. Actually, I think the issue was somewhat addressed or at least mentioned after the fact.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I had "STEELER" personalized plates and had to go back to regular plates...people here in WI can't deal with a person liking any team other than the Packers. I got tired of people effing with my vehicle.
    ... That's why you get a "conceal and carry" permit, and keep a .357 under the seat... Or a shotgun loaded with rocksalt behind you.... You think I'm kidding, don't you?!....

..... .....

Legend

I had "STEELER" personalized plates and had to go back to regular plates...people here in WI can't deal with a person liking any team other than the Packers. I got tired of people effing with my vehicle.
    ... That's why you get a "conceal and carry" permit, and keep a .357 under the seat... Or a shotgun loaded with rocksalt behind you.... You think I'm kidding, don't you?!....

..... .....
    WI isn't a CCW state...and (here it comes) I'm glad for that.

Hall of Famer

WI isn't a CCW state...and (here it comes) I'm glad for that.
    ...That's cool brother! To each thier own......

Pro Bowler

Oz, I don't question anyone's "fandom" lightly (looked for a clip of the commercial, but didn't readily find one...) unless they are Bungle fanidiots. But I get your point, and agree.

....And yes, I DO think the sound was piped in.... It was just too loud and seemingly false, IMO. Actually, I think the issue was somewhat addressed or at least mentioned after the fact.

I do feel for you. I would hate to get my groceries from the same shelves as Bengal fans!! I miss the old days of them being 1-15 or 3-13. PBS was truely Heinz Field West. But on the other hand, their ressurgence (and I use this term lightly) had made it a more festive atmosphere!!

Hall of Famer

I do feel for you. I would hate to get my groceries from the same shelves as Bengal fans!! I miss the old days of them being 1-15 or 3-13. PBS was truely Heinz Field West. But on the other hand, their ressurgence (and I use this term lightly) had made it a more festive atmosphere!!

Oz, my only issue is trying to get chipped ham around here!!!!......

...Yea, this place has gotten heated the last few years (as you well know). And I have plenty of bad stories as well as good ones. ... Bottom line, it's all just fun. Pure entertainment!

Pro Bowler

Oz, my only issue is trying to get chipped ham around here!!!!......

...Yea, this place has gotten heated the last few years (as you well know). And I have plenty of bad stories as well as good ones. ... Bottom line, it's all just fun. Pure entertainment!

Ha! Can't recall the last time I had chipped ham. Used to get it at the Quik Pik back in PA.

I find it that fans seem to take on the personality and make-up of their teams. Colt and Ram fans are polite, nice folks. Bengal fans conduct themselves like a-hole delinquents. Cowboy fans seem like successful people with smart mouths whose parents never slapped them when they were kids.

Hall of Famer

Bengal fans conduct themselves like a-hole delinquents. Cowboy fans seem like successful people with smart mouths whose parents never slapped them when they were kids.
    ...... True... So very true...

All this "resurgence" you speak of did was wake up some loser bungle fans that had no interest in the team and suddenly caused them to take an interest. Hence the more "festive" atmosphere, its these idiots that didn't follow football til they were good (for one year). Now they think they are still good when in essence once again, yet they are a little slow and can't realize this fact.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285