Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Prisco Ranks Ben 17th Best Player

Who in the hell names their kid Carson?!

[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kennyes

Or their son Casey...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Hell, I don't even remember that play...so obviously I'm not complaining about it. And before you go jumping to conclusions, I haven't had a drop of alcohol in almost 4 1/2 years.
    Roofies?

Legend

User Info Menu

What if Johnny Carson named his kid Carson? It's Carson Carson. Then again, we had Willie Williams on our team...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mrs. Daly
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Hell, I don't even remember that play...so obviously I'm not complaining about it. And before you go jumping to conclusions, I haven't had a drop of alcohol in almost 4 1/2 years.
    Roofies?

Not that either!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, I just heard Prisco interviewed on Fox Sports Radio. He said he talked to players, scouts and GMs to come up with this list, as well as his own opinion.

He said he put Richard Seymour (a Patriot) on the list because when he's healthy (he added he knows injuries have affected his play) he is a top 50 player in the league. Then when they asked him why no Troy (a Steeler) he said he's been hurt and it's affected his play?

They asked him about Romo and he said the general consensus was that people say, "Let's see him do it again." I actually agree with that.

I texted them several times trying to get them to ask how he could rate Palmer (a guy who's never won a playoff game) above Ben, but they didn't. Instead they just asked him about Palmer and he said that the consensus was that Palmer is the 3rd best QB in the league and even in a down year he still put up good numbers. I don't buy that the consensus was that Palmer was the 3rd best QB in the league...we've got a guy here who can prove that (no need to post all the stats MSM! )

He also said Eli didn't make the list because he has to see him do it again. Again, I agree.

Mario Williams has one good year and nearly makes the top 5...why doesn't he have to see him do it again?

Again, a ridiculous list and Prisco is an idiot....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ok, I just heard Prisco interviewed on Fox Sports Radio. He said he talked to players, scouts and GMs to come up with this list, as well as his own opinion.

He said he put Richard Seymour (a Patriot) on the list because when he's healthy (he added he knows injuries have affected his play) he is a top 50 player in the league. Then when they asked him why no Troy (a Steeler) he said he's been hurt and it's affected his play?

They asked him about Romo and he said the general consensus was that people say, "Let's see him do it again." I actually agree with that.

I texted them several times trying to get them to ask how he could rate Palmer (a guy who's never won a playoff game) above Ben, but they didn't. Instead they just asked him about Palmer and he said that the consensus was that Palmer is the 3rd best QB in the league and even in a down year he still put up good numbers. I don't buy that the consensus was that Palmer was the 3rd best QB in the league...we've got a guy here who can prove that (no need to post all the stats MSM! )

He also said Eli didn't make the list because he has to see him do it again. Again, I agree.

Mario Williams has one good year and nearly makes the top 5...why doesn't he have to see him do it again?

Again, a ridiculous list and Prisco is an idiot....
    While I won't argue that Prisco is an idiot, the Palmer / Ben argument is just a matter of preference. I don't think they should have been separated by that many spots though.

Here is an interesting stat that I saw in an article talking about Ben Utecht going from playing with Manning to Palmer:

"Palmer has passed for 12,003 yards and 86 touchdowns, while Manning has passed for 12,184 yards and 90 touchdowns over the past three seasons".

That alone should tell you that Palmer deserves to have his name in the discussion for the #3 best overall QB in the NFL. As I said in another thread you can make a case for Ben or Palmer, it's just a matter of preference...